877 users online (185 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MA - Stephen Hender, 60, Abington, 23 March 2011

Stephen Hender, 60, didn't make it home from work.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/c...or-missing-man

Car: gray 2009 Nissan Maxima, license 2HL470. Police think he became disoriented due to blood sugar issues -- he works as a parking garage manager, so people are asked to keep an eye out when they park their car.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-30-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

There hasn't been a lot of coverage on this poor man.

Pond searched for missing Abington man:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/galleries...g-Abington-man
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/c...y-in-the-world

Each night on her husband’s ride home from work in Boston, Cecelia Hender received calls like clockwork.
    His first phone call came when he emerged from the tunnel going southbound on Interstate 93.
    Then he would call from the Route 3 split, always with, “I’m almost there.” Then from Route 18 to ask if she needed anything. Finally, from nearby Lincoln Street, he’d call, just to let her know he was close.

Read more: http://www.enterprisenews.com/archiv...#ixzz1HkprYlUe

Read comment sections. Someone posts his car was found.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 03-26-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: add sentence
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Police find missing Abington man’s car near his home

http://www.wickedlocal.com/abington/...#axzz1HnpYn1o5

By Maribeth Conway
    Enterprise Staff Writer
    Posted Mar 27, 2011 @ 06:00 AM

ABINGTON — Police are turning to other leads after a search for a missing man at an Abington pond on Saturday turned up no results although the man’s car was found nearby.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/abington/...#axzz1HnpYn1o5
    Hender’s gray 2009 Nissan Maxima was found at Island Grove Park in Abington Friday evening, resulting in a canine search of the 11-acre park. The car was found just over 2 miles from Hender’s Abington home.

Read more: Police find missing Abington man’s car near his home - Abington, MA - Abington Mariner http://www.wickedlocal.com/abington/...#ixzz1Hp5qKjCN

I just wanted to add attention to the fact that his car was found just 2 miles from home. In other news article, his wife outlined how many times he would call home on the way home from work. I wonder when the last phone call she received from him was on that day.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I see the "Empty-prise", as my dad used to call the paper, is, as usual, short on details that might help. What is this mans home address? Might be useful to know. Car was found at grove pond, but if he tried to get home from there We could look at which routes he might take and where he might have ended up. I grew up on the Brockton/Abington line (Brockton side), and I had relatives that lived in Abington near grove pond (close to St Bridgets church) so I'm familiar with the area. Washington st. Is a very busy road - if he went that direction, there had to have been someone who saw him wandering. I also wonder if they've searched Ames Nowell, which is a pretty big SP not TOO far away...might be too far to walk, but if somehow he ended up there, and was disoriented, it would be easy for him to get lost.

Found this article this morning: the NH group LostnMissing is joining in the search:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/abington/...#axzz1HtUxJGfZ
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Ok reading a little more now, the car was found on Lake st, which is off Washington. Again, a busy area. But the only detail about where he lives is that it's "about 2 miles from" there.

Also, I note that they're putting up a billboard on the expressway, which I think is the route he takes home from work, but I'm not sure how helpful thats going to be. If he met with foul play sometime after leaving work, wha are the chances of it being some sort of stranger-related incident that just happens to end up with his car being found in his own hometown? It definitely sounds more like he became disoriented while driving.

Either way, it's been pretty darn cold, especially at night, and I am worried about this poor man out wandering somewhere, no shelter, probably no food, no insulin...
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Sorry for the three posts in a row a simple whitepages.com search gave me the Henders' street name, finally. They live very close to Ames Nowell. Going to go look at possible routes along the map now.

This is a case of a medical urgency nature and not foul play.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/c...from-N-H-group
    Search for missing Abington man gets boost from N.H. group
    LostNMissing Inc. of Londonderry, N.H., is working with the family of Stephen Hender, 60, who has severe diabetes and has been missing since Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.enterprisenews.com/archiv...#ixzz1HvQmhW68

From link above

ABINGTON — Police are urging Abington residents to search their properties as the investigation continues into the disappearance of a local man missing since Wednesday.

In a telephone message sent to nearly 5,000 households Monday, police asked townspeople “to thoroughly search their property” for Stephen Hender, 60.
    I am glad they implemented the calls out. But I think they should have done that Friday night, when his car was found. Why did they wait 3 days??

I am so worried for Stephen I feel like he got disoriented and stopped at a familiar place, the pond.

Dreamweaver, I too would like to know when his last call was made to his wife. Since his car was found so close to his house you would think he would abide by his routine....

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    This is a case of a medical urgency nature and not foul play.
    That was my point. I'm not sure what good a sign along the expressway will be, since chances are slim, given where his car was found, that he disappeared along that route due to some sort of foul play. The call to residents is a much better idea, IMO, since his car made it into town.

He's in Abington, somewhere, IMO. Given the time of day, like I said earlier, someone would have seen him if he walked out of that park where grove pond is, so I hope they have really combed that place.

Meanwhile it is cold and windy. I hate thinking about him being out there. And his poor wife waiting.

Question, if anyone is local here - does Abington have commuter rail now? And are there signs up with his picture there, for folks coming to see when theyre commuting home? Might be helpful, if some people haven't seen it in the paper, or didn't get the phone call from LE.

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    From link above

I am glad they implemented the calls out. But I think they should have done that Friday night, when his car was found. Why did they wait 3 days??

I am so worried for Stephen I feel like he got disoriented and stopped at a familiar place, the pond.

Dreamweaver, I too would like to know when his last call was made to his wife. Since his car was found so close to his house you would think he would abide by his routine....
    Calls were made out to all homes when he initially went missing. This was a second call that went out to homes in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    Calls were made out to all homes when he initially went missing. This was a second call that went out to homes in the area.
    Okay, thanks, I must have missed that in the articles I read.

Makes me feel better...

I live nearby. There's a big wooded area along Summer Street which is only a couple of blocks from where the car was found. It probably should be searched. I guess I'll ask the police if they are searching there.
    I got the message from the police when I got home from work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast