Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfieTX

Reaction score
http://am.kbst.com/page.php?34

KBST NEWS LEARNED LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON BILLIE DUNN SENT CLINT DUNN A TEXT MESSAGE OFFERING HIM FULL CUSTODY OF HAILEY AND DAVID DUNN IF HE AGREED TO SIGN OVER HIS HALF OF THE HOUSE LOACTED AT 1800 CHESTNUT STREET.

~~

I've never been through a divorce, so I do not understand most of the legal issues surrounding one. From what I think I know (lol), Billie and Clint are still married. Therefore, wouldn't it be ultimately up to a judge to decide these matters in court? Or could they just do a "quicky" non-contest divorce and take matters into their own hands? How does it work?

I'm seriously baffled by this latest development - for a variety of reasons.

The laws differ a bit from state to state and county to county. In my county, you can agree to suspend child support for a period of time. IIRC, it is two years. After that, you can go back in and file for it again.

What I don't understand in this case is DD since CD is his step-father. :waitasec:

Wow, trading off your kids to get sole custody of the "Love Shack" :loser:

I think she wants to marry Shawn. Can a husband testify against a wife in Texas?

My question is:

1. How do you give someone custody of a child that is missing or deceased?

2. DD is not Clint's biological child. Did Clint adopt him? If you hand over the child, don't you have to get the biological fathers permission first? I didn't know you could give away children.

IMHO, I believe DD is in a good posiiton to determine where he wants to live, and any judge would be willing to take his preference into favour.

I just don't understand how BJD could do this legally.

Thanks,

Mel

ETA: does anyone think it odd that you would even broach the subject of children in exchange for a home in a TEXT MESSAGE? That goes way beyond my logic of thinking ;)

The laws differ a bit from state to state and county to county. In my county, you can agree to suspend child support for a period of time. IIRC, it is two years. After that, you can go back in and file for it again.

What I don't understand in this case is DD since CD is his step-father. :waitasec:

BBM: I have a very close family member who met his wife when she was pregnant. He knew very well, 100%, that the baby was not his, but he agreed to sign the birth certificate. He just wanted to do the right thing in his mind, because he loved her so much (they ended up divorcing many years later). So, he is listed as the legal father, but everyone knows he is not the "real dad," so to speak.

I was thinking that might have been the case here, but wasn't there some kerfluffle about legally changing DD's name or something? I'm still really unclear about the situation there...

IMO She knows Hailey is gone and she can't have DD anyway. So what is she really trying to do?

I am sorry but this sounds like she is trying to sell the children. JMO not trying to be snarky. It is really sad.

Wow, trading off your kids to get sole custody of the "Love Shack" :loser:

I think she wants to marry Shawn. Can a husband testify against a wife in Texas?

She can marry Shawn tomorrow and it probably won't matter much (she'd have to get a quickie divorce from Clint though).

If either of them are charged in a crime, everything said or done thus far (since Hailey disappeared) would be allowed in because they were not married at the time.

It's also my understanding the marriage clause is not normally used when it comes to murder. Child *advertiser censored* perhaps, but not murder.

In any case, since they are not married now, I think it's too little too late to try to go that route.

MOO

Mel

The most important condition for its use is a legal marriage. Courts will not permit its use by partners who merely live together or by those who have a common-law marriage or a sham, or false, marriage. Moreover, the communication must have taken place while the marriage existed, not after a divorce. Generally, the determination of whether a marriage is legal depends on state law.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/spousal-privilege#ixzz1HdNRQVbz

-Monday, March 24, 2011
When was this released? The 24th-Thursday?
-HOUSE LOACTED AT 1800 CHESTNUT STREET.
Isn't the home at 1804 Chestnut Street?

I'm not convinced how reliable this information about the text message is. Who did KBST AM 1490 learn this info from? If from Clint or his family, I'll believe it.

:cow: :cow:

It sounds to me like Billie needs money to finance her attorney for his legal fees. Therefore, Billie needs to get the house in her name only so she can do maybe a second mortgage or sell it to come up with some cash money for her lawyer.

In My Opinion ... It sounds like she does NOT want ANY responsibility for her 2 children AND wants the house in her name -- all for FREE.

Good Grief !

I hope Clint can get a lawyer pro-bono and sue her for divorce and custody asking the court to occupy the house and evict BD and kick her to the curb. Get awarded child support plus and see how BD does then. He is the main owner on the deed after all. sheesh...

My question is:

1. How do you give someone custody of a child that is missing or deceased?

2. DD is not Clint's biological child. Did Clint adopt him? If you hand over the child, don't you have to get the biological fathers permission first? I didn't know you could give away children.

IMHO, I believe DD is in a good posiiton to determine where he wants to live, and any judge would be willing to take his preference into favour.

I just don't understand how BJD could do this legally.

Thanks,

Mel
ETA: does anyone think it odd that you would even broach the subject of children in exchange for a home in a TEXT MESSAGE? That goes way beyond my logic of thinking ;)

Mel, not to mention the fact that one of the children you are trying to exchange is MISSING!

BJD is some piece of work, that's all I gotta say!

The first thought I had after reading about the text message is that BJD is thinking of a way to get bond when she is arrested for the cp or Haileigh's disappearance. If she owns property, would she be able to sign her own property bond?

:cow: :cow:

It sounds to me like Billie needs money to finance her attorney for his legal fees. Therefore, Billie needs to get the house in her name only so she can do maybe a second mortgage or sell it to come up with some cash money for her lawyer.

In My Opinion ... It sounds like she does NOT want ANY responsibility for her 2 children AND wants the house in her name -- all for FREE.

Good Grief !

You are probably right. She wants the house so the lawyer can put a lien on it or she can just sell it.

If I recall correctly, Richy C was wavering back and forth on the source (reliable/unreliable) of this information when he was asked about this on the BTBH Show.

Personally, I'd like to know the source of KBST AM's information. FB?

Painting and redecorating speak to perhaps trying to sell it, IMO. Of course, that was done before she hired the lawyer, so both make sense right now.

-Monday, March 24, 2011
When was this released? The 24th-Thursday?
-HOUSE LOACTED AT 1800 CHESTNUT STREET.
Isn't the home at 1804 Chestnut Street?

I'm not convinced how reliable this information about the text message is. Who did KBST AM 1490 learn this info from? If from Clint or his family, I'll believe it.

Good catch - I didn't notice that. Or are they talking about the block the house is located on vs. providing the exact address. I know sometimes the media doesn't want to give out actual street addresses.

Just a thought.

Mel

Wowsa! Unbelievable.
I think that Clint with his big heart and dire need to find Hailey would give anything including the house to have Hailey back in his life.
The timing of this seems to suggest that she either wants to marry mr. awesome or pay her lawyer.
This is very curious, I cant wait to see what you experienced, witty websleuthers come up with regarding this development.
Is BD being threatened to loose the house somehow possibly to Clint and Naomi and she is playing her last card with Clint? I think his family would think it only right that he have somewhere for his baby since BD doesnt have the kids anymore and probably never will again!
JMO

If the details of this text are true, then I expect Clint and family to refrain from public support of Billie.

Curious -- who is now paying support for DD? Is BJD paying for his day-to-day necessities even though he isn't in her custody.

Just another one of those things that make me go hmmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie