Support Thread: Gerus and Bones (K9's)

strawberry

Reaction score
As I was leaving work today, I walked by a Sheriff Deputy walking his Drug/Weapon dog. He was off duty, just sniffing around as doing his business before they went home. Then I drove by a woman walking her pet German Shepherd. They are such beautiful dogs! I decided it was a sign and was inspired to start this thread. These dogs are awesome; hardworking, smart, and dedicated. Don't let em get you down, boys! Keep your tails up!!

Thank you Strawberry, I have a great respect for these officers and their dogs!

We have a service dog for our son ,who is developmentally disabled and has Autism.One of our SD's jobs is tracking,since our son doesn't usually answer and knows no danger.

Working K-9's with LE and the Military,as well as volunteer S&R are some of the smartest,best trained officers around.

Bones and Gerus did their jobs and did them well. They are outstanding members of Team Caylee .
Their handler's are to be commended. Not only do they LIVE with their K-9 partners 24/7,they have survived ICA"S defense team. All 4 of them deserve medals and a Team Caylee T-shirt : )

035-2.gif

I am always in awe at what dogs can be taught.
I have had the honor to see many sevice dogs.
My friend is blind and has a service dog,
while he is working (has a special vest with handle)
he is her eyes, ears and help.
He understands when her husband comes home, he can get a break.
His vest comes off and he is just a pet dog romping around.
So smart! A yellow lab.
Our town also has a dog at the funeral home for people to hug.
There is nothing like a dog, any kind gives us their all.

I think this is a wonderful thread idea! those dogs go through so much and work so hard, they're amazing and they deserve recognition!

What a neat thread SB and these dogs are so intelligent. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 14. Although it's controlled and I haven't had a seizure in years, I almost had one about a month ago. If not for Blade barking repeatedly for my DH, I would have taken one then. My hubby kept coming to the bedroom door, and would see me lying in the bed in the dark and would assume I was ok. He would turn to walk away and Blade would start the (he called it desperate) barking again. Finally on the fifth time of entering the bedroom he seen that I was in trouble. He immediately got my medication down me and in just a few minutes I was fine. Needless to say my dog has become my hero. People your dog can literally save your life. Mine did. :)

ETA to add, I love this thread. :)

These dogs and their handlers are amazing! I'm so glad to see a support thread here for Gerus and Bones ♥
Major props to Deputy Forgey too! It was painful to watch his testimony... The defense making a mockery of his amazing work :(

One of my favorite charities is the Minnesota search and rescue dogs organization. I believe in them and know how terribly important they can be toward bringing a lost person home.
May you never need them.

Why do the dogs need support?

This is why: BBM

These dogs and their handlers are amazing! I'm so glad to see a support thread here for Gerus and Bones ♥
Major props to Deputy Forgey too! It was painful to watch his testimony... The defense making a mockery of his amazing work :(

And of course a shout out to the handlers too! Prime News just summed up the past 2 days and gave a win for the air sampling and hair to the State but for the dogs to the defense. Puhhhleeeaase

This is gerus... I found it online.
I kinda "borrowed" it... so I cropped as much of his "family" out of it as i could.. to protect their privacy :innocent:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 90
This is gerus... I found it online.
I kinda "borrowed" it... so I cropped as much of his "family" out of it as i could.. to protect their privacy :innocent:

That tongue is a GSD trademark. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back