766 users online (137 members and 629 guests)  

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Video Game has players slap women

Now WHY does something like this even have to be in a game to make it fun or cool or exciting or whatever?!?

Video Game's 'Capture the Babe' Mode Has Players Slapping Women

A new videogame that requires you to abduct women and give them a "reassuring slap" if they freak out has gamers and women's rights-groups crying foul.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...#ixzz1HlZDK4Q0
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Now WHY does something like this even have to be in a game to make it fun or cool or exciting or whatever?!?

B/C I THINK (not 100% sure) that most video game makers are men....
    As for me, I have less of a problem with the game having guys "slap" rather than "abduct" females. Abduct? really? wtf????

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I just remembered something about Grand Theft Auto and raping women? I think you got bonus points or something?
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.