Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OR - Yashanee Laface Vaughn, 14, Portland, 19 March 2011

RUMOR!!!!!!!

These people are giving ALLEGED motive. Hope LE is watching/reading closely! http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink...00000686049818
    Last edited by krista; 04-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

I think Paris is too small to move a body on his own. I think he's *likely* too small to physically overtake Yashawnee. He's only 120 lbs. I think he had help.....and I wonder if we will ever know all of the players.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._town_wit.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    RUMOR!!!!!!!

These people are giving ALLEGED motive. Hope LE is watching/reading closely! http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink...00000686049818
    Since it has been in the media that he went to California... I would guess LE knows about this too. Also since the prosecution argued to keep him in custody for HIS safety...and his attorney argued the defendant's safety shouldn't be a factor. To me that sounded like the gang issues... if they let him out and it's a gang issue, they are going to come after him.

But I swear... those of of you that can consistently read these things are better than I. The lack of grammar and spelling drives me totally crazy. I am so glad I was never a teenager.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been reading for a while and now m postng. Watch out bad guys!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to couggal For This Useful Post:

Harry has ended his search... Cites not getting financial support as the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Harry has ended his search... Cites not getting financial support as the reason.
    And nothing to do with this, I imagine? /snark

"Vaughn's mother, Shaquita Louis, and Reynelda Hayes, the girl's grandmother, issued a statement Monday afternoon, distancing themselves from the independent search-and-rescue worker, Harry Oakes, who conducted his own searches over the weekend."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pdx For This Useful Post:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/119296019.html

"No-Snitching code" may be hindering investigation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this is important, but when I did a pipl.com search on Parrish's family, right after the news of the murder broke, one of the older family members had some sort of connection with a golf course. I've looked for about an hour tonight and can't find it but I'll try again tomorrow. Seems like it was an male, older relative. Another male person in the family showed up quite a bit as a bartender.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Missing Teen Memorialized At Portland City Hall

Friends and family of a 14-year-old girl who police say was killed last month went to City Hall today to acknowledge councilors' sympathy and express their hopes for the investigation.

http://www.kptv.com/news/27459027/detail.html
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Kat

As community members struggle to make sense of the strange and tragic case of missing teen 14-year-old Yashanee Vaughn, conspiracy theories abound.

Sgt. Pete Simpson, a police spokesman, wants to put two of those theories to rest: “We do not believe, based on the investigation so far, that gang activity or human trafficking played any part in her death,” he told the Tribune this week.

http://portlandtribune.com/news/stor...12712219541400
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

From FB page, many are still posting fliers, trying to get the word out to even more people and teens. Some plan to be at Portland high schools when they get out of school this afternoon.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Indictment reveals how investigators believe Yashanee died

Parrish Bennette, the teen who was arrested in connection with the death of a 14-year-old girl, was indicted Friday on charges of murder with a firearm and manslaughter with a firearm.

[snip]

Bennette is scheduled for arraignment at 4:30 p.m. Friday in juvenile court in Portland.

More: http://northeastportland.katu.com/ne...ee-died/439659
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I don't mean to be dumb.....but how can he be indicted on murder AND manslaughter for one person's death? Sorry if it's completely obvious to everyone else!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    I don't mean to be dumb.....but how can he be indicted on murder AND manslaughter for one person's death? Sorry if it's completely obvious to everyone else!
    I think sometimes they do both, in case one doesn't stick. Especially without a body. If they can't prove the murder charge, they can still get him on manslaughter, instead of nothing at all.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Yashanee Vaughn's mother pleads for daughter's return after Parrish Bennette indicted for Portland girl's murder

After Parrish I. Bennette Jr. was arraigned Friday on murder and manslaughter charges, family and friends of the still-missing 14-year-old victim said that's not enough.

Wearing shirts that read "Where is she?" they vowed not to rest until the body of Yashanee L. Vaughn is found.

More: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...er_pleads.html

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I applaud the father for going to the police. That must have been difficult. I wonder why it took him that long? Didn't he notice the blood before? Did the Parrish get rid of the sheets so that the blood was only on the mattress?

This is a sad case. Kids that walk on the wrong side of the law. Still, they do not deserve to die. I hope that the kids in the area learn some valuable lessons here.

How long after she went missing did he leave for California?

And, sorry if I missed it, do we have an address for the suspect?

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    How long after she went missing did he leave for California?
    She was last seen on Saturday the 19th. They said he left "shortly" after that. But he was arrested when he got back on Monday the 28th, and the link below says he had left town for 5 days. So it would appear he left around the 22nd or 23rd. Yashawnee was reported missing on the 21st. So it would have been shortly after that.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I looked back on this thread and noticed that no mention was made of the super lunar event the very evening that Yashanee was last seen. I realize that the police spokesman has stated that he wants to put to rest any "theories" related to gang activity or trafficking...but what about "dabbling" in the occult? The super full moon was a very important "ritual" night for those interested in the occult...those who are Pagan and abhor all violence and sadly, also for those who follow the "left hand path", as in Anton LaVey's version of satanism.

I also agree that it's highly unlikely that Parrish moved Yashanee's body without help. Just wondering. It surely wouldn't be the first time a lovely young girl was killed by "dabblers".

Yashanee had a tattoo on her leg which said Bonnie B in Chinese letters. That intrigues me. First you have to wonder how she got the tattoo and who is Bonnie. In checking on the two pages of "bonnies" on Urban Dictionary, one definition jumped out at me:

"An "in the closet" lesbian that enjoys partying. Usually small and graceful. Also likes to steal peoples virginities."

I know that the police spokesman has said that we can rule out trafficking. I'm not ruling anything out. I know where our daughter was tattooed by her pimp--on her lower back and across her chest. She's tattooed with his name. I know that women play a huge part in the trafficking "game", as procurers usually, but that the young girls "belong" to the pimp. Has anyone read about women who traffic girls to female clients?

Obviously, it could be a girlfriend's or a cousin's name or even a street name but I'm just curious.

ETA: Probably a street name, according to this comment:

http://www.theskanner.com/article/20...-Laface-Vaughn

There's another disturbing comment here. It's said that Parrish's father's birthday is March 19th. That could have lots of implications.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 04-11-2011 at 04:08 AM.

I checked and didn't see this posted:

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/news/...er-charge.html

"Bennette's father, Parrish Bennette Sr., spent more than 13 years as a bus driver for the Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon. He quit his job on April 1, the day the charges were announced, said transportation department spokeswoman BW."

Yashanee was last seen at last seen at around 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 19, at the number 72 TriMet bus stop at Thompson Street and 82nd Avenue near Madison High School. I wonder which bus the father drove and if his son ever road along with him.

A new article in the Oregonian with a timeline provided by Yashanee's family. The first mention I've seen of the girl's father, also:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._their_ow.html

Yashanee Vaughn's family describes efforts to find missing 14-year-old Portland girl

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

So, that most certainly IS Yashanee's father's FB page and that must be her throwing the hand sign. The father was most recently arrested in Portland, however, in mid-December. I'm not certain where he lives currently.

Vinelink lists Yashanee's father as being under Community Supervision until this September by Multnomah County's (Portland) Gang Unit. He seems to have ties to Compton, CA. He refers to his daughter as both Yashawnee and Bonnie Bang on his FB page. I guess that's the Bonnie B tattoo.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 04-12-2011 at 10:55 PM.

I can't watch video but I found this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/dlow231#p/a/u/1/RVcNKdXjJeU"]YouTube - dlow231's Channel[/ame]

Can someone else check it out. Only 18 views.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast