748 users online (81 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy 5 killed, including 4 high school seniors, in AL car accident

(ANGOLA, IN) - Four Angola, Indiana, High School seniors who were returning home following a spring break trip were among five people killed Saturday afternoon in a three vehicle crash north of Montgomery, Alabama. The victims from Angola have been identified as Alexx Bauer, Riley Zimmer, Matthew Roe and Evan Weaver. All of the boys were 18-years-old.

http://www.wlki.com/default.asp?pid=50499

Last edited by Dark Knight; 03-27-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Prayers for the families, the school and the town.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    (ANGOLA, IN) - Four Angola, Indiana, High School seniors who were returning home following a spring break trip were among five people killed Saturday afternoon in a three vehicle crash north of Montgomery, Alabama. The victims from Angola have been identified as Alexx Bauer, Riley Zimmer, Matthew Roe and Evan Weaver. All of the boys were 18-years-old.

http://www.wlki.com/default.asp?pid=50499

I wanted to post another snippet from that link, since my first thought was that the teens must have been at fault - but they absolutely were not (bbm):

... the accident happened on I-65 in Chilton County at about 3:00pm local time when a southbound van crossed the median and struck the northbound vehicle that was occupied by the four Angola teens.
    The driver of the van was also killed and stormy weather may have come into play... Very sad.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

I think this is one of the kids...Alexx Bauer. He was the Angola High School quarterback and graduates this year. Seems to have been a gifted athlete at the school. My prayers are with the families and friends.

Last edited by KateB; 06-10-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
    I think this is one of the kids...Alexx Bauer. He was the Angola High School quarterback and graduates this year. Seems to have been a gifted athlete at the school. My prayers are with the families and friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_aHPkVCMag
    Yes, that's one of the victims. He had a bright future as an athlete.

I was born in Angola and I still know many of the victim's family and friends. The community is truly devastated by this, and doesn't quite know how to deal with it. A few years ago there was another accident that killed 6 young people, too, from the area. Everyone is sad beyond words. I can feel it, too.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I am so sorry for everyone there. This has to be devastating.

Having taught high school, I know what the the effect of the loss in an accident of one student in a high school in a smaller town has on the student body and faculty. Four is unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Having taught high school, I know what the the effect of the loss in an accident of one student in a high school in a smaller town has on the student body and faculty. Four is unfathomable.
    Especially coming back from Spring Break and within a couple months of graduating from High School. The timing just seems to make it feel worse.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Such an overwhelming tragedy... my prayers for all.

Everybody from the area on Facebook is having a moment of silence by having an empty status and is changing their profile pics to a candle in their memory.

A public candlelight vigil and prayer service is starting in 6 minutes at one of the local churches, as well.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Angola's population is around 8,500...not tiny, but small enough that everyone feels directly connected in some way to a tragedy such as this.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

How odd as well as tragic! I don't know I-65, but bad weather or no, it usually takes some effort to cross the median of an interstate highway.

I travel I-65 between Birmingham and Mobile, AL often. Traffic moves really fast. Speed limit is 65, but everyone drives 80. This is so tragic and the weather was really bad (tornado warnings and hail).

coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
    Absolutely heartbreaking. Prayers to the families. I can't begin to imagine the grief they (and the community) are experiencing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast