897 users online (135 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!

NC - Jacob Minton for attempted murder of 2yo, Winston-Salem, 2011

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27337900/detail.html

I'm guessing this man hurt the child in the home and then went to the hospital to finish her off so she couldn't tell on him. JMO. But I'm anxious to get more news on this story.

I saw this story and was shocked. what could a two year old POSSIBLY have done? This is disgusting
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27337900/detail.html?QS=2

More information. The mother invited the POS into the child's hospital room.

Police say man tried to kill child

Clayton said the victim was at Brenner’s for treatment of injuries she received at home when hospital employees observed Minton assaulting the child while she was in a hospital bed and called police.

“Hospital personnel intervened and that saved her life,” he said. Clayton explained that they intervened by maintaining a physical presence with the child in the hospital room until police arrived and that Minton didn’t fully realize what was going on as police took him from the hospital.

Clayton said his information was that the 2-year-old’s mother was in the child’s room, but was asleep.

The child was admitted to Wilkes Regional Medical Center Saturday afternoon because she was having seizures, said Shew. It was determined that she had a head injury and she was transported to Brenner’s by Baptist Hospital AirCare later Saturday, Shew said. No additional details have been released on this injury.

Minton was placed in the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center in Winston-Salem under a $400,000 bond.

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/a...27992bc8b.html

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    How is it that the mom was sleeping in the same room while this attack was going on? Thank god for the nurses!!

This is really horrifying, on so many levels. I can grasp a man in a rage shaking a child (not condone it....grasp it) but to follow her to hospital and to assault her again? I have to wonder if he isn't intellectually or developmentally disabled as surely he'd know that a child having seizures, who is barely able to speak, would not be able to give much of a statement. Possibly he was worried, though, that she'd be able to point the finger at him concerning sexual abuse.

The only thing I can think of, concerning the mother, is that the man quietly entered the room and attempted to asphyxiate the child. There were no weapons recovered. This could have happened while a very tired and traumatized mother was napping as the child was. Obviously, either the room had surveillance or a nurse followed the man and observed. The nurses are the real heros here, IMO.

My prayers are with that little one.

I thought I had read another article that said the man was visiting the child with the mother's permission. That plus the fact that she was sleeping in the room at the time led me to believe that probably arrived with the mother. I guess he could have arrived later, after the mother was alseep. Either way, you would think that given the doctors feel her seizuers may have been caused by a head injury that the authorities would be keeping an eye on those who were with the child when the possible head injury may have ocurred (usually a parent or bf/gf).

ETA link and snippet http://www.wxii12.com/news/27337900/detail.html

The mother of a 2-year-old girl who was attacked at Brenner Children's Hospital over the weekend invited the suspect in the attack into her daughter's room

and

Clayton said the girl was being treated for injuries she had suffered at her home in Wilkes County the night before. She was airlifted at about midnight Saturday.
    Last edited by tlcya; 03-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

This sounds to me like mom is clueless, doesn't care or is in total denial, or perhaps complicit.

Poor baby, not enough to be abused but to have your abuser then come into your very hospital room in and attack you??

POS was trying to do the kid in so she couldn't talk is what it sounds like to me.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27360279/detail.html

I believe I heard today the little girl has a fractured skull. This is insane. The mother has been interviewed by police. I hope and pray she isn't complicit in this and allowed the doofus into the room and "pretended" to be asleep while he stopped the little girl from talking about what happened at home.

The police department’s criminal investigations division was contacted and assumed the investigation after the initial response of other Winston-Salem officers in reference to child abuse reported at 7:34 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/a...27992bc8b.html

Officials at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center said that since Minton had been invited into the room by the girl's mother, there was nothing the hospital could have done to prevent the attack.

Still, the hospital said it is reviewing its procedures.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27337900/detail.html?QS=2

A child abuse investigation was underway at 7:45 a.m. Sunday. Minton was arrested later that day at 1:00 p.m. Readingn between the lines, I think the allegation that the mother "invited" Minton into the room has been overstated in a CYA kind of way on the part of the hospital adminstration because child abuse was already suspected, and they want to avoid liability later on for allowing Minton access to the child.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming the hospital staff for the incident. On the contrary, I wholeheartedly praise their vigilance. I'm assuming the nurses could not bar visitors without a directive from a hospital administrator or LE. But in the meantime, it seems they were keeping a close eye on that room. Hurray for them!

I'm praying for this little one. One article said her condition was stable on Sunday. The latest article says her condition was critical as of 6 p.m. Tuesday.
    http://www.wxii12.com/news/27360279/detail.html
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article...focate-Toddler

Arrest warrants filed by Winston-Salem police give more detail about what investigators said happened in a Brenner Children's Hospital patient room.

Prayers for healing for this poor little girl.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27388081/detail.html

Jacob Andrew Minton, 26, of Wilkes County, is now facing 10 counts of attempted first-degree murder and five counts of aggravated assault on a handicapped person.

According to a warrant, Minton pinched the girl's nose and covered her mouth to prevent her from breathing, thumped her head, slapped her head and jabbed his finger into her stomach. Capt. David Clayton said the attacks were spaced out over a four-hour span of time from 1:30 to 5:30 a.m.

So he did those things while she was in the hospital over the course of a approx. four hours? I am wondering why it took that long for LE to be called/become involved at the hospital? I understand that hospital personnel kept a close eye on her and they are the reason the child is still alive most likely but how do they know this is what he did? Were they watching? And if so, why let it go on and escalate over four hours before having him removed/arrested?

This is all very confusing.

What a horribly sad case. I hope someone can start protecting that poor little girl who has endured so much already. I also hope she will survive and make a full recovery and be put in a home where she will be safe and loved. I hope they will put her attacker in jail and throw away the key. He should never be a free man again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast