GUILTY OK - Timothy Mountford for raping, impregnating 14yo girl, Grove, 2007

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Grove man found guilty of rape, impregnating 14-year-old
Tim Mountford, 53, entered a blind plea before District Judge Robert Haney in Delaware County District Court to second-degree rape and child sexual abuse.

Haney found Mountford guilty after he confessed to raping the juvenile in 2007 which resulted in a pregnancy.
So far, so bad, eh? His defense:
Winston Connor II, Mountford’s attorney, described his client as “slow and doesn’t process things like other men his age.”

“He’s more easily confused,” Connor said.
It get worse - MUCH worse:
Tim and his estranged wife, Vicki Mountford became the legal guardians of the victim after she was raped and impregnated at the age of 11.

In that case, Tommy James Isbell, 38, of Jay pleaded guilty in 2004 to four counts of first-degree rape and 12 counts of forcible sodomy and was sentenced to life in prison. He had been having sex with the child since she was 9
Still not revolted?
The Mountfords served as foster parents in their home about a block from Grove schools from Sept. 25, 1998, to May 22, 2006, and ran a day-care center from Feb. 7, 2002, to July 15, 2006, according to the Department of Human Services.

The rest of this sad mess at link above, with booking photo.

Why is a family member of the predator.. his step daughter no less.. attempting to adopt the baby???

"Matina Garner, Mountford’s stepdaughter, is attempting to adopt the child.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110328_14_0_JAYAGr551112"

Why is a family member of the predator.. his step daughter no less.. attempting to adopt the baby???

"Matina Garner, Mountford’s stepdaughter, is attempting to adopt the child.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110328_14_0_JAYAGr551112"

Yep. As I read the article (even knowing most of the story as I'm 20 miles from Grove) it was filled with stunning WTH?? revelations every step of the way.

He's still free on bail???? WTH??​

This poor girl, her first baby dies, then she is raped again by this man and got pregnant for the 2nd time. Prayers for this young girl, who is still a child herself. Article said he has been raping her since she was 9 yrs old. Why wasn't she removed the first time she got pregnant at 11 years old? I'm assuming the first child was also his?

So, this happened in 2004 and he wife didn't divorce him until 2009, what in the world was she thinking???

She war raped by a differant man when she was 11. Then she was put into foster care and raped by her foster father and impregnated. That is the way I understand it.

Here is a quote
"In that case, Tommy James Isbell, 38, of Jay pleaded guilty in 2004 to four counts of first-degree rape and 12 counts of forcible sodomy and was sentenced to life in prison. He had been having sex with the child since she was 9"

BBM

So she's been sexually abused and impregnated by 2 different sickos.......

She war raped by a differant man when she was 11. Then she was put into foster care and raped by her foster father and impregnated. That is the way I understand it.

Here is a quote
"In that case, Tommy James Isbell, 38, of Jay pleaded guilty in 2004 to four counts of first-degree rape and 12 counts of forcible sodomy and was sentenced to life in prison. He had been having sex with the child since she was 9"

BBM

So she's been sexually abused and impregnated by 2 different sickos.......

In only a decade and half on this planet...

If the second sicko was slow and didn't process things correctly (although there isn't much special understanding needed in "Don't rape the children") how the he!! was he a suitable foster parent? I'd like to say that I hope this girl is now in a safe place, but I don't think that she will have any of those left, especially in her own head.

This poor child. She's been raped everywhere she turns!! Lots of confusing details here. Why is a rape of a 14 year old that results in a pregnancy, a second degree rape? Why was this couple allowed to take in an already horribly traumatized rape victim if the foster father is admittedly "slow"? That makes NO sense to me at all. And why does this article discuss the possible adoption of the child and name a petitioner? Very inappropriate to my mind. And what is a blind plea? Hopefully this child is being cared for and being given treatment for her horrible losses and trauma.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...ticleid=20110328_14_0_JAYAGr551112&rss_lnk=12

Grove man found guilty of rape, impregnating 14-year-old

"A Grove man was found guilty Monday to raping and impregnating a 14-year-old girl in his legal custody. Tim Mountford, 53, entered a blind plea before District Judge Robert Haney in Delaware County District Court to second-degree rape and child sexual abuse...."

and

Mountford was ordered to pay child support after a paternity test determined a 99.99 percent likelihood he is the father of the child, who turns 3 on May 28. MG, Mountford’s stepdaughter, is attempting to adopt the child.

and

"...Mountford’s attorney, described his client as “slow and doesn’t process things like other men his age.” “He’s more easily confused..."

and

"...The victim, now over 17 years old, was pleased with the outcome of the hearing and that she would not have to testify at trial, said Nick Lelecas, assistant district attorney. Tim and his estranged wife, Vicki Mountford became the legal guardians of the victim after she was raped and impregnated at the age of 11.

In that case, Tommy James Isbell, 38, of Jay pleaded guilty in 2004 to four counts of first-degree rape and 12 counts of forcible sodomy and was sentenced to life in prison. He had been having sex with the child since she was 9, according to a Jay Police Department report. The victim’s first child, a daughter, was born with birth defects and died a few weeks after birth.

The Mountfords served as foster parents in their home about a block from Grove schools from Sept. 25, 1998, to May 22, 2006, and ran a day-care center from Feb. 7, 2002, to July 15, 2006, according to the Department of Human Services. They stopped accepting foster children and voluntarily closed the day care...."

more at link (comments stacking up)

One has to really wonder why the state would even entertain the idea of placing this baby with a relative of the rapist. Maybe this comment here sheds some light on the story:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110329_12_A8_ULNSbM988923

"...I remember reading about this case a couple of years ago. The stepdaughter who is trying to adopt the baby that was born from him raping his 14 y/o foster daughter was defending this man. She put the blame on the 14 year old girl. The same girl who was raped and impregnated at the age of E L E V E N. I also remember in the initial stories that this was a church going, ultra religious family...."

ETA: I have to agree with one of the comments that four years seems a mighty long time for this victim to wait for closure. What was going on here? I can understand a man developing dementia after being licensed as a foster parent and a day care provider but that's not what the article says at all. I see nothing about deteriorating health being a factor.

I did a search on Mountford's name and nothing came up. Now I see we do have another thread. I've asked for a merge.

Concerning the earlier rape:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x2...ent-arrested-on-charges-of-raping-14-year-old

The victim was placed in foster care after she was raped and impregnated when she was 11 years old.

In that case, Tommy James Isbell, 35, of Jay pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree rape and 12 counts of forcible sodomy and was sentenced to life, court records show. Isbell confessed to having sex with the child since she was 9, but stated the sexual activity was consensual..."

more at link

Consensual???? At age 9 years?

And a few more details here:

http://bubbaworld.com/2007/11/19/a-horror-story-redux/

And here:

http://newsok.com/suspects-bail-conditions-anger-some-in-grove/article/3331774

"....The victim’s daughter [first child] was born with birth defects and lived with MG, Vicki Mountford’s daughter. The baby reportedly died a few weeks after birth. The victim again became pregnant. The DNA test, presented this past week, found a 99.9 percent likelihood that Tim Mountford is the father. He was charged in Delaware County District Court last year with felony second-degree rape and child sexual abuse...."

and

"...The second baby, another girl, was born May 28, according to court records, and also lives with MG. On Wednesday, Special Judge Alicia Littlefield ordered Tim Mountford to pay child support. After the second pregnancy was discovered, the victim was removed from the Mountford home and temporarily placed with MG, who is seeking to adopt her baby.

"I don’t see anything wrong with her trying to adopt the child,” Connor said. "She and her husband are happily married. They love and want to adopt this child.”

more at link (this does sound like a horror film)

Read more: http://newsok.com/suspects-bail-conditions-anger-some-in-grove/article/3331774#ixzz1IAL4aOCv

What a total mess!! So, it doesn't seem as if the victim was ever a foster child of this man. Why she was placed there is beyond me and why a man with cognitive delays was allowed to foster other children is outrageous.

http://newsok.com/suspects-bail-conditions-anger-some-in-grove/article/3331774#ixzz1IAO0Ophm

"....the state put the victim under the care of Tim Mountford, who is "developmentally slow.” "In most respects, my client does not function as a 50-year-old,” he said.
The victim and her children have never been in DHS custody, said George Johnson, DHS spokesman. They were part of a legal guardianship placement granted by the court.

and

"...Tim and Vicki Mountford served as foster parents in their home about a block from Grove Middle School from Sept. 25, 1998, to May 22, 2006, said Beth Scott, a DHS spokeswoman. The couple also ran a day care center from Feb. 7, 2002, to July 15, 2006. They stopped accepting foster children and voluntarily closed the day care. According to his bail papers, after Tim Mountford was charged he listed his address as a home near Grand Lake.

Sources confirm two 11-year-old girls, an 11-year boy, a 16-year-old girl, a 9-year-old boy and at times a 17-year-old girl live with Vicki Mountford at the residence located near the school.

According to court records, subpoenas were served at the address Nov. 20 for the teenage victim and for Vicki Mountford, ordering them to appear in court Dec. 1. The return of service shows Tim Mountford signed for the subpoenas for his wife and for the victim. "I am so outraged that he (Mountford) can continue to be around children after being charged..."

more at link (curiouser and curiouser)

It looks to me like Oklahomans are going to have to step up to the plate to foster needy children. There seems to be an awful lot of bending of the rules going on here. I'm actually surprised that the feds aren't stepping in concerning a broken system. Sad to say, OK has one of the lowest foster care stipends in the country and has a high turn-over rate for their foster parents. Children require a high quality of care. They must come first.

I read about this case until 3 am and I came away thinking that this has to be extended family or some connection through a church. I'm left really wondering just how DHS could have ever licensed this man for foster care, even if he wasn't legally this child's foster parent. He was permitted to be her guardian, however. I suppose it's possible that he has some form of degenerative disease and was allowed to stay in the home with his wife EARLIER. But to allow him to stay there after this rape was discovered (proven by where he signed for the subpoenas) is unbelievable.

And since when did it become permissible to sign for subpoenas for another person? Each and every one of my kids had to sign for their own.....each time....over a 12 year period. They were never left with anyone else.

Does the woman who wants to adopt pulling some strings? Something very very strange is going on here, IMO.

Eight years!!! His bail was reduced. His sentence is light. His fine is light. It seems that the justice system really sends a "strong" message here. Grrrrrr.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...ticleid=20110608_14_0_JAYThr955048&rss_lnk=12

Man to serve 8 years in prison after impregnating 14-year-old foster*child

"Through bouts of sobs and pleas of “I am responsible” a Grove man was sentenced Wednesday to eight years for raping and impregnating a 14-year-old girl in his legal custody. Tim Mountford, 53, pleaded guilty in March to a 2007 second-degree rape and child sexual abuse charge. He has been free on a reduced bail of $15,000. His $150,000 bail was reduced on Oct. 12, 2009.

On the second-degree rape conviction, District Judge Robert Haney sentenced Mountford to 15 years and then suspended seven years. On the child abuse charge, Haney ordered Mountford to serve one year in the county jail and fined him $5,000. Both sentences are to run concurrently. “You had a duty not to do harm” Haney said during the hearing to Mountford....."

and

"...MG, Mountford’s stepdaughter, has adopted the child and has an open adoption with the victim. “I wanted her (MG) to adopt her,” the victim said....."

more at link

This man got a slap on the wrist! I hope to god they keep his "daughter" away from him!!!

This poor girl has gone through so much, I pray she can overcome it all. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆