Announcement to Searchers from Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property, damage to private property, and personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

and

As of this broadcast, law enforcement officials are urging all volunteers to know with whom they are searching.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...o-searchers-kbst-am-1490-radio-march-24-2011/

Hmmnn, is right!! Who the heck would call media before LE if they found evidence, are you kidding me? Just the fact they felt the need to say that is scary!!!

Oops, there's a sound warning. I hope they're more careful.

eta: Oh, uh... I see you guys' point. hmmmm

Very weird. Is LE afraid evidence will be discovered and not turned over to LE first, or are they worried something will be reported to the media as evidence (without verification) by searchers with hidden agendas? Weird, weird, weird...

Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property, damage to private property, and personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rumors of non-authorized searches on private property - Check
Rumors of damage to private property - Check

Rumors of personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously - I would think unusual to feel the need to have to state this.

Speculation: are these individuals possibly planted within search parties? Wow!

I think LE are just trying to protect the integrity of the investigation.

If any potential evidence is found, LE wants to ensure that it won't be disallowed when the case eventually goes to trial.

If a searcher goes onto private property without permission, and evidence were to be found, a defense attorney could file a motion to exclude that evidence.

I think LE is wanting to remind folks to be cognizant of the law - they want justice for Hailey, and don't want anything to potentially jeopardize the prosecution against the responsible person(s).

The part I found most interesting was this: personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

Duh...I can't find the audio link.

Why haven't they stated this in any articles? Has it been announced on any of the local broadcasts?

Both BJD and SA have been so overly confident and arrogant concerning the discovery of evidence related to H during the searches. Damn-Shawn's poly even indicated that he was being truthful when he indicated where H could be located!

Wonder what's all of a sudden rattled one or the both of them. Where precisely were they last weekend?

Top link in my post. Big letters with the name of the radio station. Little audio box hit forward arrow. If you aren't seeing it something is blocking it like your firewall.

Both BJD and SA have been so overly confident and arrogant concerning the discovery of evidence related to H during the searches. Damn-Shawn's poly even indicated that he was being truthful when he indicated where H could be located!

Wonder what's all of a sudden rattled one or the both of them. Where precisely were they last weekend?

Yep, BD pretty much voiced that confidence when she said announced another vigil would be held at the six month mark.

think LE might be warning if you are gonna play with fire, ya might get burned, KWIM?

I think LE are just trying to protect the integrity of the investigation.

If any potential evidence is found, LE wants to ensure that it won't be disallowed when the case eventually goes to trial.

If a searcher goes onto private property without permission, and evidence were to be found, a defense attorney could file a motion to exclude that evidence.

I think LE is wanting to remind folks to be cognizant of the law - they want justice for Hailey, and don't want anything to potentially jeopardize the prosecution against the responsible person(s).

The part I found most interesting was this: personal friendships with any suspect or person of interest will be taken seriously.

I agree sorrell - LE has really got to make sure these local teams handle potential evidence in the same way a professional search team would, in order to preserve the integrity of findings.

BBM: Really odd to warn searchers about friendships with suspects and POIs. Can LE really do anything about it if the friends use their real names? In many cases, friends and family of the missing person are the most ardent and dedicated searchers. Sadly in this case, friends of the mother and her boyfriend ARE friends of the suspect and POI. This case is so sad and odd...

As the search for missing C City teen Hailey Dunn continues, law enforcement officials are urging volunteers and search teams to use extra caution.

I took some of the article to mean that maybe the perps were planting friends into the search to see if they were getting close to the body. Thus asking for identification from those in your group -- to be looked at by LE later.

This is indeed getting very interesting.

Mel

Every time I begin to think that LE has a handle on this case, and is professional, they come out with something...weird and almost nonsensical. How on earth can they dictate to volunteers who they can be friends with? :(

I guess this case might be a good example of why LE usually declines search help from the general public...

Top link in my post. Big letters with the name of the radio station. Little audio box hit forward arrow. If you aren't seeing it something is blocking it like your firewall.

Thanks Gram.....time to put my BIG glasses on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken