FL - Honor Student Pistol-Whips Mom to force her to buy a car

Wow, what's in the water over there? Isn't that the same area where the Mom killed her two kids last month?

I have no idea what I was expecting to see but my o' my doesn't she look like such a little angel!!!

Seriously. She does!!

I cannot believe that after all of that, her mom actually signed for the car at the dealership, & this girl drove off in it!!

The gun wasn't held on her while signing the contract in front of the salesman I presume....

Called the police after the fact....

I wonder if she's gonna come home to her mom....

Gee, whatever happened to working PT, and buying your own car...

WT>>>> Is wrong with kids these days??? So scary. She really does look like a sweet kid :banghead:

oh my god, and her mom didnt want to prosecute because she's been accepted to Ivy league colleges [insert random swears here]?!?!

is it just me or does that very fact explain SO much of why her 17 year old daughter thought this was an appropriate thing to do?

i didnt know that good grades meant that you are allowed to pistol whip your family members... in my house good grades were just expected and bad grades got me in trouble... wonder where she got the gun? maybe she can be charged for that?

Sense of entitlement much?!?!?!? Um, Mom, ya might wanna rethink saying "YES" when your child's requests are made in such a way. Just saying!

Can a contract even be considered valid if you sign under threat of being shot or further beaten? I mean, surely the loan company is going to want to get that car back.

If one of my children pistol whipped me and threatened me harm if I didn't co-sign a loan, I would cosign just like this woman did. Then I'd call the cops, just like this woman did. But, unlike her, I would press charges and give the car back to the loan company.

Also, offspring or no offspring, I wouldn't help anyone to get into an Ivy League school if they'd ever beaten me on the head or held a gun to me.

Can a contract even be considered valid if you sign under threat of being shot or further beaten? I mean, surely the loan company is going to want to get that car back.

If one of my children pistol whipped me and threatened me harm if I didn't co-sign a loan, I would cosign just like this woman did. Then I'd call the cops, just like this woman did. But, unlike her, I would press charges and give the car back to the loan company.

Also, offspring or no offspring, I wouldn't help anyone to get into an Ivy League school if they'd ever beaten me on the head or held a gun to me.

A contract signed under duress is not legally binding...however, the problem becomes proving you were trully under duress at the time of signing.

lol - if DH tried to pull a little stunt like that on me, he'd be 4 inches shorter! What is wrong with kids these days? I worked at McDonalds to buy the smallest little orange honda they made back in the late 70's. It was MINE, all mine -- and no car payments. I certainly plan on passing down this ritual down to DS. There will be no writing a check to the boy!

I will, like my mother did, help with insurance payments. But that also came with a clause. No rowdy teens in the car with you, and yes, you will be home at a decent hour. If he ever gets a DUI, a speeding ticket, or wreckless driving - his car is parked until he has the money to pay for his own insurance.

Why can't we go back to the old days where we actually taught kids responsibility?

MOO

Mel

I hope she is charged with a felony and those Ivy League schools find more deserving candidates.

It's a stolen gun, so little angel face should be in jail for possession of a stolen weapon on top of everything else!!
Angel face SHOULD be looking at prison time!!!

I hope she is charged with a felony and those Ivy League schools find more deserving candidates.

Her charges so far

"probable cause to arrest Rachel for aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony, one count of battery touch or strike and possession of a firearm by a person under the age of 18."

I don't understand why she wasn't also charged with felony kidnapping.

I think mom may have neglected to help this child with character development, all of her focus apparently was on academics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back