John Walsh idea

AuntieKaren

Former Member
Reaction score
Several months ago, he was on Larry King's program and they talked about creating a 24 hour cable channel of just missing persons. Besides news, we have 24 hour channels for:

sports
food
animals
travel
exercise
movies
music videos
game shows
cartoons
shopping
weather
politics
*advertiser censored*
entertainment

Why not one focusing on missing persons? They could run profiles of the missing, details of investigations, interviews, etc...I think it's a GREAT idea and would support anyone 100% who could get something like this launched.
Karen

Has anyone tried to contact John Walsh, or his web site to see the progress on this idea?

Usually takes a while, to sell a network on a particular show, idea.

Yes, this is a great idea, and as another poster said, one that is being worked on. With missing persons in America at epidemic levels, we need all the help we can get with our cause. There are also several separate groups that have been working on TV shows, but it's an uphill battle. It's very expensive, and if networks aren't sure their advertisers will go for it, then it's even harder.

If anyone could do it, it probably would be John Walsh, and the fact that it does not exist now, shows what a task it is.

This is certainly something to keep in our daily prayers along with all of the missing in general.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Well, I am going to take it upon myself to contact AMW and John Walsh. It's something that is long overdue.
Karen

I think's it a fabulous idea. I'd sure be willing to contact the station too.
Now let's all brainstorm what type of people, companies, would be interested in buying a commercial for this type of station.

I happen to know that TV Station's who may want to carry this type of program would be VERY interestied in hearing your idea of what TYPE of company would be interested in advertising.

For instance.
A furniture store chain that sell's children's furniture.
The company that head's up Gerber baby food.
A company that sell's personal alarms and 'walkie talkie' type electronics
A computer company........ Mac, Pc's, etc.
The FBI

Come on you guys' .............think of some more.
Hey........how about MacDonalds......they're a huge chain............
or WallMart......they need some good press

xxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

Can't believe I missed this post before. What a fantastic idea. Some more companies who might be interested in sponsoring a channel like this would be:any kind of security store- alarm systems, personal attack alarms, things like that.............. but basically any company in the world that is interesting in rasing their profile..........is SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!

Every time I see a picture of a missing person, I show it to my daughters: ages 20, 17 and 12.
I have always felt strong that if a missing person was in my area my girls would recognize them before I would!

Kids pay attention to things...."that girls cute, he dresses nice...etc"
Kids would also know if they saw someone "new" in their neighborhood or school.
I think we need to find ways to get kids to help search for missing people!

Maybe we could talk to local schools to see if we can put up missing flyers, put pictures in school news letters, or links to web sites for the missing.
I also like the idea of putting the info on the milk cartons that kids get with their school lunch!

yes they need to bring back the milk cartons with missing children, im also for the missing childrens tv chanell i was also thinking in additon to showing info on the children what about aring like the movies that were made on them such as the adam walsh movie, my name is steve, the etan patz one, so forth. and have diff programs targeted on missing children, how to spot a possible preditor, some kid frendly programs directed at young children becuse often young children tend to stray, i was watching my godson once at my grandmas where he waits for the school bus. he was outside standing there and i was like wait in the foyer untill the bus comes. and i went over always get on the school bus if a car comes by and says come with me or trys to get u scream really loud and run inside the house.. it was freeky at the time i was telling him this becuase i was watching and older version of unsolved, it had the story on the 3 oklahoma girls mother step doughter, and sister in law who went missing while visiting her son.

wondering22 said:
Any updates on this idea?
......i notice before us the last date i think was 10/11/2004,,,,, they could show them old unsloved mystery's clips from Robert Stack day's they are still showed today on lifetime, and you got some good clip's maybe you could get from court tv. I was thinking make it interesting with show's like them sometime's because showing just missing person's poster's over and over i think would get boring after a while. Maybe get a few reporter's to go and talk to the family's and LE on just happened missing person's and show's on cold case's, show's on hot case's, I think if it was ran right sure it would get good rating's... if you got home and garden network where they show grass growing sometime's and how to paint a room. A missing person's and most wanted network that would stay freshly updated sure could make it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back