Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabedetective View Post
    I didn't think we were allowed to link FB pages.
    If you weren't allowed to link to them, then you wouldn't be able to talk about them at all. We always have to have a link to where information is coming from.

Our Facebook and other media policy from Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community :

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
    Last edited by KateB; 05-13-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Following up on SheWho warning above - here is the rule regarding social networking sites:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Salem

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Police said Kail’s cellphone has been shut off since March 21 because she hasn’t paid her bill. They have checked with law enforcement in Florida, but no one has been able to locate the woman.
    Just thought I'd post that in case anyone was curious about whether or not her cell phone could be traced, pinged, etc.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/27356800/detail.html

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Just thought I'd post that in case anyone was curious about whether or not her cell phone could be traced, pinged, etc.

Can LE tell when/where it was last at before it was shut off?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Anyone see anything about mode of transportation? Did they drive? Assuming they did or there would be flight/bus documentation. If they drove, poor thing could be anywhere.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

The boyfriend truly sound hinky to me.

I do hope she is alive and well but when I see a boyfriend/husband not cooperating that tells me something bad has happened She's so young.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

thought this was odd

County police said Kail's boyfriend recently hired an attorney from out of state.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Ms. Kail's boyfriend, who police would not identify, has rebuffed her family's efforts to help find her, even disconnecting his phone, said her mother Christine DiDiano. More recently, he refused to speak to police, said Lt. Korczyk.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089...#ixzz1I3cK6MRO
    There's definitely something wrong with the boyfriend. He disconnected his phone? Not normal behavior when your girlfriend goes missing.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

LE should still be able to ping where her phone was until the 21st. I wonder if she even left town at all.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Anyone see anything about mode of transportation? Did they drive? Assuming they did or there would be flight/bus documentation. If they drove, poor thing could be anywhere.
    "They may have never even left for that supposed second trip," said Lance Kail, who said his sister called him during her first trip to Miami as soon as she stepped off the plane.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089...#ixzz1I5fMcTeA

If they were flying, it'd be easy enough for LE to determine if tickets were bought or if she ever got on the plane to go back down.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Kail missing persons poster indicates Feb 28?

Can anyone explain why the missing persons poster for Alivia Kail indicates as February 28 being the "last seen" date?

EYES: Green
    HAIR: Brown
    WEIGHT: 105 - 110 lb's
    HEIGHT: 5'2 - 5'3
    LAST SEEN: February 28th in Pittsburgh, PA on her way to Miami, FL
    *** ANY INFO PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE OR 911.***
    PLEASE HELP.
    • February 28th?
    • "lb's" in the possesive form? Should be "lbs".
    I'm noting those items because of varying information so far presented in this case.
    • Who knew what, when?
    • When was the poster created, and by whom?
    • When did she really "go missing"?
    • When was it determined she was "missing"?
    • Was this poster assembled by police, a family member, a friend or someone else?
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

"They may have never even left for that supposed second trip," said Lance Kail, who said his sister called him during her first trip to Miami as soon as she stepped off the plane.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089...#ixzz1I5fMcTeA

If they were flying, it'd be easy enough for LE to determine if tickets were bought or if she ever got on the plane to go back down.
    Ms. Kail couldn't pay her cell phone bill but yet had enough money for multiple plane tickets .. unless they were purchased for her?

ETA: Did Ms. Alivia's family members pay her cell phone bill when they realized the service was disabled? Would't they want to keep the phone service active for her in case she attempts to contact them via her cell phone?

ETA: This from the article:

County police haven't been able to find the boyfriend. His driver's license led detectives to an address in Dormont, where his brother answered the door and referred police to the man's attorney.
    How does a 20-something afford an attorney?
    Last edited by ChuckMaureen; 03-30-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: ETA: phone bill - attorney
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with the boyfriend. He disconnected his phone? Not normal behavior when your girlfriend goes missing.
    Not understanding LE. They can't find him, yet they won't publicly release him name so that someone in the general public can give the a lead on his whereabouts. Just doesn't make sense to me.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post
    Ms. Kail couldn't pay her cell phone bill but yet had enough money for multiple plane tickets .. unless they were purchased for her?

ETA: Did Ms. Alivia's family members pay her cell phone bill when they realized the service was disabled? Would't they want to keep the phone service active for her in case she attempts to contact them via her cell phone?
    When LE went to address where they thought he would be, his brother answered and immediately told them to contact his (I'm assuming the brother's ) lawyer. If a guy has a lawyer on standby, I'm thinking they may have money. Just sayin'.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wannabedetective For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast