1321 users online (205 members and 1116 guests)  

Websleuths News

Authorities seize 80,000 cans of dog food sold as foie gras

Since when does foie gras come in a can anyway? Ive only ever seen it as a "lump" sealed up inside plastic, like meat. Besides, it's very bad for you and also the creation of it is cruel to the poor animals.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

This is why if I've never heard of it, I don't eat it. Yuck!

I enjoy foie gras from time to time, and have NEVER seen it in a can...

Have yall seen that commercial for dog food where the platter gets put on the hours de vours table by mistake - a man takes a bit of it, the owner of the house comes up and the man says, because the dog is standing by his leg begging "Madam, your dog has impeccible tastes" and she just smiles and puts the platter on the floor for the dog...heheheh
    And thats all I have to say about that!

I have seen it in cans......I don't eat it....

The only canned meat I've eaten is tuna. I can't stomach that other mystery meat.

Okay...somebody enlighten me. What is this stuff? I've gathered that it is some form of meat...

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    Okay...somebody enlighten me. What is this stuff? I've gathered that it is some form of meat...

Have you heard of pate? Its like a chopped liver. Usually served at upper crust sort of parties - I can't imagine them getting it out of a can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Have you heard of pate? Its like a chopped liver. Usually served at upper crust sort of parties - I can't imagine them getting it out of a can.

Ohh..thanks! No wonder I've never heard of it, I'm kind of a hamburger and french fries type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    Ohh..thanks! No wonder I've never heard of it, I'm kind of a hamburger and french fries type of person.

Well it looks like dog food, so I'm with you with the fries and burgers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    Since when does foie gras come in a can anyway? Ive only ever seen it as a "lump" sealed up inside plastic, like meat. Besides, it's very bad for you and also the creation of it is cruel to the poor animals.
    You're absolutely right, Birdie. Geese and ducks are force fed huge amounts of food several times a day for weeks on end until their livers are engorged. Some may call me a hypocrite because I eat meat, but this "delicacy" is one of the cruelest practices out there.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

My Arnold does it again!!

Schwarzenegger Signs 'Foie Gras' Bill

By JIM WASSERMAN, Associated Press Writer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California will end the force feeding of ducks, geese and other birds to produce the gourmet liver product foie gras by 2012 under legislation signed Wednesday by Gov. Arnold Schwarzengger.
    The bill will also ban the sale of foie gras in California starting that same year if it's obtained by force feeding birds.

Schwarzenegger, who received pleas from several celebrities, including former Beatle Paul McCartney, to sign the bill, said it gives producers more than seven years to "evolve and perfect a humane way for a duck to consume grain to increase the size of its liver through natural processes."

"If agricultural producers are successful in this endeavor, the ban on foie gras sales and production in California will not occur," he said in a statement.

Animal rights advocates called the governor's action "a major victory for the ducks and geese."

The state's lone farm engaged in the practice, Sonoma Foie Gras, also hailed it as a victory.

www.yahoo.com

If more people knew what happens on dairy farms,poultry factories and in the slaughterhouses you'd be just as disgusted!!!!!!

I wish I still lived in CA so Arnold was my Governor-I love him!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    If more people knew what happens on dairy farms,poultry factories and in the slaughterhouses you'd be just as disgusted!!!!!!

I wish I still lived in CA so Arnold was my Governor-I love him!
    Man, no kidding about the farm thing!!!

You can love MY Arnold, just stay away from California!!!