1113 users online (232 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Susan Renee Riedling, 18, Shepherdsville, 31 March 1986

Woman still missing after 25 years, mother pleas for answers

It is the coldest case in the Bullitt County Sheriff's Office. 25 years ago this month, an 18-year-old pregnant woman disappeared, never to be seen again.

Susan Riedling's mother says the last time she saw her daughter was March 31, 1986 - the night they watched Louisville win the NCAA basketball National Championship.

"I just wish somebody would say something so we can have some closure," said Janet.

More: http://www.wave3.com/story/14318770/...o-come-forward

KY - Susan Renee Riedling, 18, Shepherdsville, 31 March 1986

Susan Renee Riedling

Endangered Missing from Shepherdsville, Kentucky since March 31, 1986

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 106 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Susan's nickname is Susie. She may use the last name Mullins or Shinn. She was 6-7 weeks pregnant when she disappeared.

Susan was last seen in Shepherdsville, Kentucky on March 31, 1986. She and her husband of two years had invited friends over for a bonfire at their residence. She and her husband got into an argument and made all of the guests leave. She has never been heard from again.

According to Susan's mother, her husband was unhappy about her pregnancy and didn't want the child. He moved to Jacksonville, Florida after her disappearance. Authorities consider him a person of interest in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Charley Project

So... The husband was supposedly a bit controlling. He was angry she was pregnant. Didn't want the baby. He was angry with her the night she went missing and he asked everyone to leave the 2 of them alone. Then, to top it all off, he says he doesn't miss her and doesn't miss the baby. Doesn't seem like there's much mystery here... it's just so sad they can't even turn up enough evidence to even officially name him a suspect. I find that really hard to believe.

I was looking everywhere to see if this was submitted to the LE... so I did it:

I think this is a good match:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/461ufpa.html & https://identifyus.org/cases/2202

Permission error on Susan's NamUs link, but the page for UID 2202 is still viewable.

I've learned recently of another NamUs conflict/discrepancy. Kellie Hall's profile is removed from NamUs as she was identified as the Austin TX Riverside Drive Doe found in late 2012. The UID is still listed at NamUs today. Perhaps a timing variance between agencies or an open procedural issue, but as it relates to this UID & Susan, It certainly means the possibility still exists that this UID could be Susan, afterall.

I'm hopeful with the change in status on Susan.

Susan has a new NamUs number:
    Entered 2/26/2014.

Still missing.