KY KY - Susan Riedling, 18, Shepherdsville, 31 March 1986

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Woman still missing after 25 years, mother pleas for answers

It is the coldest case in the Bullitt County Sheriff's Office. 25 years ago this month, an 18-year-old pregnant woman disappeared, never to be seen again.

Susan Riedling's mother says the last time she saw her daughter was March 31, 1986 - the night they watched Louisville win the NCAA basketball National Championship.

"I just wish somebody would say something so we can have some closure," said Janet.

More: http://www.wave3.com/story/14318770...-old-mother-pleas-for-someone-to-come-forward

Susan Renee Riedling

Endangered Missing from Shepherdsville, Kentucky since March 31, 1986

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 106 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Susan's nickname is Susie. She may use the last name Mullins or Shinn. She was 6-7 weeks pregnant when she disappeared.

Susan was last seen in Shepherdsville, Kentucky on March 31, 1986. She and her husband of two years had invited friends over for a bonfire at their residence. She and her husband got into an argument and made all of the guests leave. She has never been heard from again.

According to Susan's mother, her husband was unhappy about her pregnancy and didn't want the child. He moved to Jacksonville, Florida after her disappearance. Authorities consider him a person of interest in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

NamUs

Charley Project

So... The husband was supposedly a bit controlling. He was angry she was pregnant. Didn't want the baby. He was angry with her the night she went missing and he asked everyone to leave the 2 of them alone. Then, to top it all off, he says he doesn't miss her and doesn't miss the baby. Doesn't seem like there's much mystery here... it's just so sad they can't even turn up enough evidence to even officially name him a suspect. I find that really hard to believe.

Permission error on Susan's NamUs link, but the page for UID 2202 is still viewable.

I've learned recently of another NamUs conflict/discrepancy. Kellie Hall's profile is removed from NamUs as she was identified as the Austin TX Riverside Drive Doe found in late 2012. The UID is still listed at NamUs today. Perhaps a timing variance between agencies or an open procedural issue, but as it relates to this UID & Susan, It certainly means the possibility still exists that this UID could be Susan, afterall.

I'm hopeful with the change in status on Susan.

http://www.pioneernews.net/content/cold-case-susan-renee-riedling

At the end of March in 1986, McGaha said there was a bonfire with friends at the Roe Hill Road home. George Riedling got mad and made everyone leave, McGaha said from his investigation of the thick case file.

From that point on, there is no contact from Susan.

In 2004, McGaha went to Florida to talk with Riedling. While he is still considered a person of interest, McGaha said there is still just not enough information linking him to the disappearance.

During that interview, McGaha said there were some differing answers. It was just months after the disappearance of his pregnant wife that Riedling went to Florida to get away from the situation.

Going through old cases for Kentucky, came across this one again. Not sure how many of you know the area, I am from Hardin County but have family in several counties and I could travel through Shepherdsville on way to and from work. Unfortunately, there are MANY places to dispose of a body. Salt River is right there and not far away is the Ohio River. There is also the military property that does back up to this town and since Fort Knox has downsized, not many gates are being manned anymore. Now, in 1986 it was still a VERY active base. But there are so many different short cuts to get on there without ever being seen. Plus all the Hollers as we call it. You could literally climb any "mountain " area in the and there would be gullies that no one has gone down in to for years and years. We also have salt mines. Most people stay away from them as they are unstable and usually are on people property. I know it sounds crazy, but Kentucky can be a perfect place to hide a body.

Current Namus: Missing Person Case

Original

I hope there is a break in her case soon.

Bumping up for Susan and her family.

I think if this happened today, LE would have been able to find lot more evidence :(. Her family deserves answers and she deserves justice.

Bumping up for Susan and her family.

I think if this happened today, LE would have been able to find lot more evidence :(. Her family deserves answers and she deserves justice.

It would be interesting to know exactly what 'triggered' hubby George that night; I am not an expert, just wonder if that could be used to get him to explode in front of detectives.

Since hubby George has been named as a POI, I am interpreting this as being acceptable - shows "George IV" (only one that seems to be part of the only family of that name in Shepherdsville that also seems age-appropriate) - for possible leads:

Bump for Susan

17 Unidentified Person Exclusions
(UP6279 already identified)

1699635043820.jpeg
1699635053587.jpeg
1699635063968.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics