1558 users online (355 members and 1203 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

VA - Parents charged for allegedly keeping children in room blocked by drywall

Just don't even know what to say anymore... Rescued by a neighbor when the 4-yr-old escaped. There were two younger ones as well - 2 years and 2 MONTHS.

Va. couple charged for allegedly keeping children in room blocked by drywall

A Prince William County couple is facing felony child abuse charges for allegedly keeping their three children in a bedroom and nailing drywall over the doorway, according to Prince William County Police.

More at http://primary.washingtonpost.com/bl...kQtB_blog.html
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

I am really curious as to why people who clearly dislike children (even their own) continue having children...

"Moore was charged with felony child neglect in 2005 after her twin, 22-month-old boys were found walking alone on a Prince William County road. The outcome of that case was not known."

I'm going to assume she doesn't have custody of them since there was no mention of them in the article.. unless they ere at school.. they're old enough........

Begs the question why can't the outcome be found.. it's a criminal charge (vs closed family court), so those should be public records.

Either way She's a repeat offender, take the kids and tie her tubes!!!

why

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I am really curious as to why people who clearly dislike children (even their own) continue having children...
    In a word - money, I am afraid much of the time it comes down to financial benefit. Be it subsidies, food stamps, cash welfare, housing, etc.

obviously that is not the case in all instances, but I fear it plays a huge part in many of them.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    In aword, I am afraid much of the time it comes dowm to financial benefit. Be it subsidies, food stamps, cash welfare, housing, etc.

obviously that is not the case in all instances, but I fear it plays a huge part in many of them.
    Yes, this is likely true, but I still find it baffling.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 03-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.

No word on where the parents were. They obviously locked the little ones in there to keep them from roaming the house or getting assistance so that they could leave them there alone and go off somewhere. Wonder exactly what errand was so very important?

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

No word on where the parents were. They obviously locked the little ones in there to keep them from roaming the house or getting assistance so that they could leave them there alone and go off somewhere. Wonder exactly what errand was so very important?
    drugs!

Wow!

Prince William County is not far from me at all; & yet I did not know about this until now.

Bless these babies! OMG! Thank god the 4 year old alerted a neighbor; however, considering I have kids, I cannot imagine what must have been going through a 4 year old's mind to achieve what he did, poor thing.

A 2 month old baby, & a 2 year old baby were saved from this situation because of a 4 year old baby...

Wonder what happened with regard to her previous charge in 2005 & the 22 month old twins...

Where are they?

She is all of 26 years old! Ever heard of birth control!?

Sure beats drywall!

Dear god this world just disgusts me again, & again.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

"She is all of 26 years old! Ever heard of birth control!?"

Hey now.. i had 5 at 25 LOL

Yeah but you weren't drywalling your kids into a feces filled room so you could go galavanting around somewhere without gettting a babysitter!

I too wonder about the twins, they don't appear to have been there, wonder if they were permanently removed back then. If so, what on earth besides money or man manipulations would have possessed her to have three more??

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    "She is all of 26 years old! Ever heard of birth control!?"

Hey now.. i had 5 at 25 LOL
    I seriously was not trying to be ugly! :-)

What I meant was if she had a serious problem 6 years ago with her 22 month old twins, & she obviously learned absolutely nothing then I guess it makes sense as to how she got to today's circumstances with 3 more new babies locked in a room!?

5 at 25 is great! I have friends that are struggling to conceive only one baby, & then there are people like this.
    Last edited by Tinsamd; 03-29-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsamd View Post
    I seriously was not trying to be ugly! :-)

What I meant was if she had a serious problem 6 years ago with her 22 month old twins, & she obviously learned absolutely nothing then I guess it makes sense as to how did she got to today's circumstances with 3 more new babies locked in a room!?

5 at 25 is great! I have friends that are struggling for 1, & then there are people like this.

NO WORRIES!! I put the winky smiley in there so you'd know i wasn't serious.. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    NO WORRIES!! I put the winky smiley in there so you'd know i wasn't serious.. sorry
    Yeah, I know, :-) but I guess I should have clarified my post a little bit better before I submitted it.

Wouldn't it be a fantastic world if everyone took care of their babies, & we never had to read about this nonsense with children!

I swear, recently one of my friends has been beating herself up nonstop because she just can't get pregnant after years of trying, doing everything, Dr.'s visit's, healthy living, etc; & so to constantly read about people who are so extremely careless with the lives of these angels that deserve better kills me.

kileyizzle is offline ♥ we have but two lives. The life we learn with, & the life after that ♥
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...s=rss_homepage

This article states that the other child was 6 months. Not 2.

Not that it matters either way because it is still incrediably repulsive. Absolutely disgusting. Sadly, that's how it goes - you get on welfare which is intended to support you raise your children, but instead it's all about 'THEM' pathetic really.

According to this article, the parents were in a room adjacent from the dry wall were the children were, but were unable to be woken by the neighbour rescuing their kids because well... they were passed out.

After reading this, i had several thoughts...

1 - There should be some kind of test implemented across the globe on the capacity one has to raise children.

2 - That woman should have her ovarys plucked out of her right now.

3 - The children were there for about half a day... i'm sensing a little more to the story we aren't getting...

Yeah but you weren't drywalling your kids into a feces filled room so you could go galavanting around somewhere without gettting a babysitter!

I too wonder about the twins, they don't appear to have been there, wonder if they were permanently removed back then. If so, what on earth besides money or man manipulations would have possessed her to have three more??
    She lost custody of the twin boys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast