Will this trial suffer the same fate as OJ and Michael Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlOnDe_GuRrL

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm watching Roseanne host the Joy Behar Showv (freakin genius.. love her!) and she has Nancy Grace on as a guest.. even more genius! It's great.. she's talking about the twins eating in the bath tub, what they do for fun... fighting back tears... ♥
Anyway, Roseanne brings up the "tot" mom and Nancy weighs in with her opinion of what happened and what she thinks the jury will do..
Nancy thinks she'll be found guilty and get the DP... BUT she goes on to say that she also thought that the jury would find OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson guilty and they did not..
Roseanne then makes a point and says the jury was star struck with OJ and MJ.. and Casey Anthony isn't a star..
That made me think.. NO, she's not a star.. imo, she's an unfit mother/child murderer... Casey thinks she's a star.. we've seen from so many of her jail house letters that some of her "fans" think she's a star....
Do you think it's possible that she could get off on this because of how "famous" (or infamous lol) she is.. or the case, rather....?
Perhaps the change of venue will also benefit the prosecution? You'd have to be from a different planet to NOT have heard about this case.. but maybe?
Thoughts?

Nope.

OJ's case was a hugely racial/celebrity case on the heels of the Rodney King verdict, most people that wanted him acquitted then will now tell you they knew he was guilty. No racial issues here that I know of, and even though she wants to be, KC is not a celebrity.

The MJ case fell way short of proving him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, IMO-The accuser's mother was a horrible witness and no other alleged victims would support their claims. Also a massive celebrity.

From what we have seen up until now in this case, and without getting way ahead of ourselves by over-analyzing everything, this case started and will finish with much stronger evidence against KC than in the MJ case. More like the amount of evidence that pointed to OJ's guilt, and like I wrote above, just about everyone you ask will tell ya OJ was guilty and should have been convicted.

A couple of important things to keep in mind. KC is not famous. She is not a star. She is infamous. She has no built in dedicated fan base or preconceived notions as one of the centuries greatest entertainers or athletes. She is instead somebody that we all, and all the possible members of the jury have seen before in our own lives and families. Just taken to horrible extremes. She is the black sheep. The problem child. Your sisters kid that steals money, parties, gets pregnant and dumps the kid on grandma while running off with bikers, etc. She is not something new or unfamiliar. She is not something different. In fact people pay attention because it does hit so close to home. This is not a good thing for KC.

Now further take note of where this is happening. All or most of these celebrity aquital's. California. Los Angeles. Hollywood. The one true place in this country where "privilege" does still maintain its old meaning of "private law for the wealthy and powerful". But KC is not in California. She is in Florida. And Florida's legal reputation and the reputation of its citizens in this regard is about as far opposite as you can get from California... except maybe for Texas. Florida convicts murderers. Florida sentences murderers to death. Florida sentences female murderers to death. And Florida does in fact execute them.

She is literally in a different world from OJ, Robert Blake, Michael Jackson, etc in ever conceivable way.

A couple of important things to keep in mind. KC is not famous. She is not a star. She is infamous. She has no built in dedicated fan base or preconceived notions as one of the centuries greatest entertainers or athletes. She is instead somebody that we all, and all the possible members of the jury have seen before in our own lives and families. Just taken to horrible extremes. She is the black sheep. The problem child. Your sisters kid that steals money, parties, gets pregnant and dumps the kid on grandma while running off with bikers, etc. She is not something new or unfamiliar. She is not something different. In fact people pay attention because it does hit so close to home. This is not a good thing for KC.

Now further take note of where this is happening. All or most of these celebrity aquital's. California. Los Angeles. Hollywood. The one true place in this country where "privilege" does still maintain its old meaning of "private law for the wealthy and powerful". But KC is not in California. She is in Florida. And Florida's legal reputation and the reputation of its citizens in this regard is about as far opposite as you can get from California... except maybe for Texas. Florida convicts murderers. Florida sentences murderers to death. Florida sentences female murderers to death. And Florida does in fact execute them.

She is literally in a different world from OJ, Robert Blake, Michael Jackson, etc in ever conceivable way.

Eh hem, and Virginia....

Florida also has lot of splainin to do about the many, many, many crimes against children in their state. I have always thought that KC would be the perfect conduit to make the statement that they are over it and they are not going to take it anymore. I know the citizens of Florida want to put a stop to it, and I hope the jury selection turns out that element.

Not with what I've seen thus far of the state prosecutors, expert witnesses, LE witnesses, and the magnanimous HHJP at the helm.

Oh, and not with the <giggle> DT, defense 'expert' witnesses, Anthony antics, and lack of a clear and consistent defense.

ITA with others who've stated Casey, far from being a famous person is quite the opposite: widely regarded with loathing for who she is.

If I were a believer in Astrology, I'd say the stars are properly aligned in the favor of that sweet precious baby that (tragically) never made it to 3 years of age. IMO.

Praying for Justice for Caylee.

Look at the caliber of attorneys representing MJ and OJ...then look at the defense team...I think that's our answer. They're so unorganized and disconnected from one another it's a joke.

No.

IMO, the biggest problem with the OJ trial was that the prosecution was a hot mess from start to finish.

Didn't follow the MJ stuff...

In as simplest of terms- Absolutely NOT. Definitely apples and oranges.

Look at the thousands of cases that end up in guilty verdicts. As appalling as this story is, it is all too common. There really is no mystery other than the one ICA created in her own mind and the one her misfit family jumped on.
Actually, the story she created is so ridiculous that it's a wonder we have all complicated it as we have by questioning its twists and turns, but it's natural, I suppose.

I believe the SA will paint a very clear, concise picture of exactly what ICA did, when she did, how she did it, and yes, WHY she did it.

This was a messy, haphazard, careless crime. ICA may as well have left her business card at the multiple crime scenes.

No mystery here.

I await the verdict but I will not be in the least surprised by it. In fact, I am already wondering what the family will be saying in their first media appearance if in fact, they can save face enough to face the public after all their ridiculousness - al la Peterson....another obvious. Then, it will be all about the APPEAL.
Possibly that's when the a "CASEY IS INNOCENT" website will appear asking for donations for her already paid for appeal.
We could almost write this script out now....

No way will it turn out like OJ. I'm already worried that she might win an appeal someday and get less than deserved punishment though.

No way will it turn out like OJ. I'm already worried that she might win an appeal someday and get less than deserved punishment though.

That is not too far fetched, considering our Supreme Court has become more a political pawn than a group of people with Constitutional allegiance. Just stack the court with a few Ginsburgs, and your set. With what went down in Illinois in regards to a certain politician and the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, it would not surprise me if an executive of that caliber stacked the court with justices willing to underpenalize and make excuses for the murder of "unwanted" toddlers.

KC did not want Caylee. She told a few people as much by relaying that Caylee cramped her style, and she flat out could not support Caylee financially.

Not starting a political debate, just pointing out that a big win on appeal is not as far fetched as was once thought with the state of today's judicial system.

Look at the caliber of attorneys representing MJ and OJ...then look at the defense team...I think that's our answer. They're so unorganized and disconnected from one another it's a joke.

ABSOLUTELY NOT....for the exact reason expressed by Horace above!

I watched the OJ trial from beginning to end, and I am sure we ALL recall the infamous "If the glove don't fit....you must acquit!" demonstration....many speculate this incident of OJ trying on the glove benefited the defense and eventually assisted in acquittal...

Several years after the trial, a member of OJ's closeknit "inner circle" had a final falling out with him, and wrote a book. His name was Mike ? and if I recall correctly, he had been OJ's publicist for years and worked closely with the defense.

Been years since I read that book, but "Mike" relayed several incidents of how the "dream team" covered for OJ.

The one incident that still sticks out in my mind is in regards to this "glove demonstration" during trial.

According to "Mike", OJ suffered terribly from arthritis and was on medication for years. In preparation for the "glove fitting", OJ refused his arthritis medication for several weeks prior to this demonstration. By the time the "big day" arrived, his hands were completely swollen with inflammation....SO THE GLOVE NO LONGER FIT!

The prosecution was probably well aware of this "trick", but could NOT bring it out in open court (arthritis...and whether OJ was currently on meds) during rebuttal because OJ did not take the stand!

Brilliant lawyering...

And JoseAin'tBeThatGood!!!

1. KC is NOT a celebrity in anyway shape or form.

2. Since Simpson wanted a speedy trial, the defense and prosecuting attorneys worked around the clock for several months to prepare their case. In October 1994, Judge Ito started interviewing 304 prospective jurors, each of whom had to fill out a 75-page questionnaire. On November 3, 12 jurors were seated with 12 alternates. IMHO, this is the way ICA should have gone. The prosecution team has had close to 3 years to get their ducks in a row.

3. There's many reasons I believe MJ was found innocent (though I personally felt he had a compulsion to fondle boys and provide them with Jesus juice). The biggest reason? The witnesses.

the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS), as part of an investigation jointly carried out with the LAPD. The entire family insisted that no inappropriate contact with Jackson occurred; moreover, the mother said that the children were never left alone with Jackson. The case was closed and the charges marked as "unfounded." Afterwards, in November 2003, when there was outside interest in connection with charges against Jackson, a report was made.

The J.C. Penney: alleged assault, litigation and psychiatric analysis didn't help the case much either.

I'm not defending Jackson, merely stating my belief in the state putting on such poor witnesses.

Which brings me back to ICA. She should have rushed to a jury trial STAT instead of dragging it on so long. This will be here downfall (and I'm glad for that).

Unlike OJ and MJ - IMHO the outcome of her trial will be guilty. The only question is death or LWOP.

MOO

Mel

Cayleee has Linda Drane-Burdick and Jeff Ashton on her side. HHJP is an excellent Judge. The evidence is there. Enough Said!

Ok.. I'm watching Roseanne host the Joy Behar Showv (freakin genius.. love her!) and she has Nancy Grace on as a guest.. even more genius! It's great.. she's talking about the twins eating in the bath tub, what they do for fun... fighting back tears... &#9829;
Anyway, Roseanne brings up the "tot" mom and Nancy weighs in with her opinion of what happened and what she thinks the jury will do..
Nancy thinks she'll be found guilty and get the DP... BUT she goes on to say that she also thought that the jury would find OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson guilty and they did not..
Roseanne then makes a point and says the jury was star struck with OJ and MJ.. and Casey Anthony isn't a star..
That made me think.. NO, she's not a star.. imo, she's an unfit mother/child murderer... Casey thinks she's a star.. we've seen from so many of her jail house letters that some of her "fans" think she's a star....
Do you think it's possible that she could get off on this because of how "famous" (or infamous lol) she is.. or the case, rather....?
Perhaps the change of venue will also benefit the prosecution? You'd have to be from a different planet to NOT have heard about this case.. but maybe?
Thoughts?

<modsnip>

Back to the question, I've learned over the years to never try to guess what a jury will do.

Eh hem, and Virginia....

Florida also has lot of splainin to do about the many, many, many crimes against children in their state. I have always thought that KC would be the perfect conduit to make the statement that they are over it and they are not going to take it anymore. I know the citizens of Florida want to put a stop to it, and I hope the jury selection turns out that element.

ITA and have thought this for a while. I can't think of a better case that could possibly set the bar then this one.

Not at all...money talks and BS walks...besides OJ's trial was one where I do believe he did get away with a double homicide...but allegedly planting evidence and a detective with derrogatory remarks against OJ, allowed him to walk free..

MJ is a different story altogether for I do believe his money was the driving force to have him arrested on the molestation charges...whether he was guilty or not, money was the motive and to gain monetarily was easily proven...JMHO

<modsnip>

Back to the question, I've learned over the years to never try to guess what a jury will do.

Hey, you're right.....it only takes one juror to make a hung jury. Wouldn't it be "wonderful" to have to re-try this case all over again????????? :banghead:

Not at all...money talks and BS walks...besides OJ's trial was one where I do believe he did get away with a double homicide...but allegedly planting evidence and a detective with derrogatory remarks against OJ, allowed him to walk free..

MJ is a different story altogether for I do believe his money was the driving force to have him arrested on the molestation charges...whether he was guilty or not, money was the motive and to gain monetarily was easily proven...JMHO

Yeah, it seemed to me that OJ was acquitted mostly because the prosecution screwed up big time. In a trial, it doesn't matter what "everybody" "knows." The only thing that counts is what the prosecution presents as evidence. Once the glove didn't fit, it was over.

IMHO....this case does not ring true with OJ or MJ, but rather closer to the Phil Spector trial. PS had a hung-jury because one juror was distracted by science, a science he was familiar with.......I do believe that ICA could receive a hung-jury IF a juror gets distracted by science..........the CSI syndrome........but I don't think this case is like OJ or MJ except for the media attention.........can you imagine the attention those trials would receive in these digital times? Great topic, hope I stayed on Mods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni