THE quote

madeleine

Reaction score
of all the things the R's said what's the thing that you can't get over,what got into your head and you can't let it go and in your opinion screams they did it or at least know who did it?

the most significant one to me was:

THOMAS: Well, absolutely. But the Bible also says, without confession, there is no forgiveness.

Patsy, do you think...

J. RAMSEY: It doesn't say that.

THOMAS: It doesn't?

J. RAMSEY: Christ did not ask for repentance when he forgave his executers.

what's yours?

It's easier to point to a series of answers relating to a particular topic, such as the evasive and deceptive answers relating to the oversized Bloomies, for example.
Picking a line is difficult, but here is one:
Kristine went to the bathroom to get a cool washcloth for Patsy’s forehead. While she was gone, Patsy reached up and touched Pam’s face. “Couldn’t you fix this for me?” she asked. Pam thought she was delirious. It was as if Patsy were asking her to fix a ripped seam. “Patsy said something like, ‘We didn’t mean for that to happen,’” Pam would say later.
Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, Lawrence Schiller, page 53

I can't find the direct quotes right now but Patsy's premonitions in "Death of Innocence" sound so much like a confession to me.Admitting to indroducing "death" to christmas and seeing a dead JonBenet in a coffin ....

The interrogation of Patsy...when she is asked what happened when she opened JonBenet's bedroom door and discovered her gone.

"I screamed for John."

"You screamed?"

"I screamed and he screamed as he came up from the basement."

"JonBenet will never know the pain of cancer; will never know the pain of losing a child."

The interrogation of Patsy...when she is asked what happened when she opened JonBenet's bedroom door and discovered her gone.

"I screamed for John."

"You screamed?"

And she was never asked what was he doing in the basement at that hour? What WAS he doing there, if he was supposed to be in the shower when Patsy came down the spiral stairs and found the note? I think we all know the answer to that- pity LE didn't try to find out.

"I screamed for John."

"You screamed?"

ooohhh wow,that's the first time I read that one...

baffling one,just a few days after the tragedy...

RAMSEY, J: Not because we're angry, but because we have got to go on.

i thought it would be good to have all these mind blogging quotes in the same place....

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I've been following this case since watching a Channel 4 (British) documentary on the case which was broadcast arround 1998 when I was a teenager. I remember being so upset at the picture of Johnbenets tiny hand with the cord around it. At the time, due to the limited information I had and being the type of fool who always sees the best in people, I believed IDI (Sorry for rambling - I thought I better introduce myself as everyone here seems to know each other).

The one that I always think of is one from a taped interview with Patsy, talking about whether she checked Burkes room after finding Jonbenets bedroom empty:
"I think he (John) ran and checked on him and, and he told me he was okay or whatever."
So your daughter you find your daughter is missing/kidnapped, and you "think" your husband has checked on your son "or whatever"?

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I've been following this case since watching a Channel 4 (British) documentary on the case which was broadcast arround 1998 when I was a teenager. I remember being so upset at the picture of Johnbenets tiny hand with the cord around it. At the time, due to the limited information I had and being the type of fool who always sees the best in people, I believed IDI (Sorry for rambling - I thought I better introduce myself as everyone here seems to know each other).

The one that I always think of is one from a taped interview with Patsy, talking about whether she checked Burkes room after finding Jonbenets bedroom empty:
"I think he (John) ran and checked on him and, and he told me he was okay or whatever."
So your daughter you find your daughter is missing/kidnapped, and you "think" your husband has checked on your son "or whatever"?

Welcome to the Forum! For a crash course on the case, try here: http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex. There are lots of links to all the information on the case, just scroll to the end of the page to see all the information available. It has it all- interviews with police, crime photos and lots more. You won't be able to stop once you've started. There are also recommendations of books to read on the case.

Welcome to the Forum! For a crash course on the case, try here: http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex. There are lots of links to all the information on the case, just scroll to the end of the page to see all the information available. It has it all- interviews with police, crime photos and lots more. You won't be able to stop once you've started. There are also recommendations of books to read on the case.

Its a fantastic site- I lost nearly a whole day on it (my husband looked over at one point and said "Are you STILL reading that?").
Thank you the the welcome, I'm enjoying reading all the posts and other peoples theories.

Its a fantastic site- I lost nearly a whole day on it (my husband looked over at one point and said "Are you STILL reading that?").
Thank you the the welcome, I'm enjoying reading all the posts and other peoples theories.

Glad you like it. It holds a wealth of information. It is easy to get "lost" in there. I've been here YEARS and I never get tired of the case. We are coming up on the 15th anniversary of the crime, and I feel we are no closer to resolution. Not because the answers are not there, but because no one in the Boulder DA's office wants to hear them.

How about this:

CNN Transcript May 31st 2000

KING: So you agree that whoever authored the ransom note probably killed the child?

J. RAMSEY: I agree.

P. RAMSEY: I would agree with that.

w0D8h.jpg

"There were two people involved." Patsy Ramsey to Larry King

There are so many, but one that sticks out for me is Patsy stating that she had 'flashbacks' of JB screaming. You don't have flashbacks unless you were present when the action occurred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back