964 users online (210 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011.03.30 Officials Believe Hailey Dunn Is Dead; Reward Now For Her Whereabouts

ABILENE, Texas -- Officials close to the case now believe missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn is dead.
    City Manager Pete Kampfer will confirm this revelation at a news conference Wednesday at noon in Colorado City with new information in the Hailey Dunn investigation.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/27368552/detail.html
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    ABILENE, Texas -- Officials close to the case now believe missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn is dead.
    City Manager Pete Kampfer will confirm this revelation at a news conference Wednesday at noon in Colorado City with new information in the Hailey Dunn investigation.

TY twall, I was just coming to post that. I wonder if this has anything to do with a search/searcher or the Staties east of town yesterday? PC HAS CHANGED TIME. Just as I thought....the stipulation for the reward has changed.

Hailey Dunn, a 13-year-old eighth-grader, has been missing since Dec. 27.

Kampfer has told KTXS News that officials have reasons to believe that Hailey Dunn is deceased. He said they couldn't say what those reasons were because this an on-going investigation.

He also told KTXS officials plan to announce at the news conference that stipulations for the reward money have now changed, with emphasis on finding the whereabouts of Hailey – as opposed to previous stipulations based on her safe return or a successful prosecution.
    Last edited by hollyblue; 03-30-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: add

"Most the community has been around it and heard enough about it," Kampfer said. "They're fairly well-educated to all the different aspects of it that, I like to say, that we're cohesive. There is a certain settled idea and being mature about what could have happened and what's actually happened. I don't think anyone would be shocked."

He said, "The mood right now is: 'Let's get this thing to a point of good prosecution and let's get it put to bed.'"
    I found this part interesting even if it's from PK.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Clint must be beside himself. I can't imagine.

Kampfer also said, "While there are multiple persons of interest in this criminal investigation, there still remains only one named suspect: Shawn Adkins."

PK got his point across!!
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I think most of us here already were thinking that anyway. But, for some reason, seeing it in black/white and coming as an official statement brings tears to my eyes and makes me very sad. I had gotten angry and into 'sleuther' mode, but this caught me off guard.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Oh NOOO! I am so sad to hear this news. Like belimom, I suspected Hailey is no longer with us but seeing it in print makes me tearful.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by nainebug View Post
    I know. I guess my encie encies were right... Makes you ill at your stomach doesn't it.

While it comes as no surprise it's still hard to hear. It must be so difficult for everyone who loves her to hear and read about this. Hope they get lots of support.

I know that to release a statement so definative they have to have some clues or evidence aside from the fact that Hailey has not been found. I just wonder if it has anything to do with what they had to present to get a warrant for DNA & FINGERPRINTS from the main suspect.

I agree with all of you, it's terribly sad to see it in writing. Why can't Shawn and Billie just tell the truth about where poor little Hailey is located and let this poor little girl rest in peace? It just infuriates me to no end that people play these types of games with children.

~jmo~

He also told KTXS officials plan to announce at the news conference that stipulations for the reward money have now changed, with emphasis on finding the whereabouts of Hailey – as opposed to previous stipulations based on her safe return or a successful prosecution.

"Previously the reward reflected statements, aspects related to successful prosecution and or returning Hailey in good order," Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said. "We delineated that and said anything leading to her whereabouts."

Nothing in the article says it is definative. So Mr.Kempfer can you tell us has the investigation changed to a homicide investigation??
    That would be very telling either way as in do they have evidence of a death or not.

If changed to a homicide investigation that would say that they have some fact to base an assumption of death on.He still says criminal investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Kampfer also said, "While there are multiple persons of interest in this criminal investigation, there still remains only one named suspect: Shawn Adkins."

PK got his point across!!
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 03-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Heartbreaking...

Prayers for Clint and his family.

NOT the way I had hoped this turned out

Does anyone else find this announcement at this time as curious, given the search warrants carried out two weeks ago ? Could they have found evidence of Hailey's death during that search?

Prayers for Clint and those that loved Hailey.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast