GUILTY NV - Randi Ardon, 2 mos, body found burned, Sparks, 6 March 2011

MorenoI

Reaction score
http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/Sparks_Police_Mother_set_fire_to_Infant__118492419.html?ref=419

Sparks police say the mother of the burned infant remains discovered in Sparks Monday dumped the body and set fire to it because she was afraid she would be in trouble following the baby's death.

According to police on March 6, 26-year-old Suceli Ardon took her 3-month-old daughter's body in a field in Sparks before burning it because she panicked when the baby stopped breathing.

By reading the article, you would think she would have called paramedics. This baby was terminally ill and she was bound to pass away. There would be no reason for her mother to fear she would be in trouble, unless there is something she is not saying. JMO

I think she was right, she's in trouble. Why would anyone burn their infant's body unless they had something to hide?

Truly horrible...

It could possibly be a very odd grief reaction. Not that that makes it any better, and if she did intentionally cause this child's death, earlier than it should have happened, yes, fry her. BUT, being the mother of a terminally ill child, I wonder how well she really had been prepared for what was coming.
In other words, did they present her with the options of counseling and real training for not only handling the babies medical care, but also her emotions over the fact that her child was going to die or did they just send her home with a dying child and tell her that she might want to see someone?
What I'm getting at is that if she was able to bury the reality of the child's impending death under the day to day need for care, then when the baby did die...I don't know how I would react to that. I do hope that there is enough left to do the testing to determine if she caused the baby's death.

It also said she had no family just the father of the baby who wasn't very consistant.....

I wonder if she just snapped.. fear grief... a jerk for an ex..

Burning that baby is horrible... and if she hasted the baby's death she should be in real deep trouble.. but if the baby did die of natural causes.. I'd be inclined to show her some compassion and give her a short sentence or probation or something...

Terminally Ill Infant Tossed and Torched After Over-Dose of Morphine

Police say that 26-year old Suceli Ardon tossed her 3-month old daughter Randy out into a field and then torched her body in an attempt to destroy the evidence. Read about the details of Brandy’s death and how her mother admits to giving her an over-dosage of morphine and ultimate death of her baby.

Upon further examination and review of evidence and a recount of the events, it was discovered that Suceli Ardon’s daughter Brandy was a terminally ill infant with congenital health problems.

http://headlinereviews.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/terminally-ill-infant-tossed-and-torched/

The Link "Read about the details" in the above story no longer works...

I thought I read the baby was discharged home with hospice, but I can't find the link... the mother having morphine for the baby makes me think she was on hospice.

When I cared for my terminal grandmother... Hospice was here to help. Every time she even moved they thought that was probably a sign of pain (as she didn't move much at all) and gave her morphine.. I'm fairly confident my grandmothers death was hastened with the morphine... or maybe it just appeared that way. I haven't been exposed to many dying people.. :(

Maybe the mom couldn't do it anymore alone.. she should have called her hospice worker who could give her some respite though.. not OD the baby on meds :(

RIP angel and prayers for the mom even if she probably doesn't deserve them...

Terminally Ill Infant Tossed and Torched After Over-Dose of Morphine

Police say that 26-year old Suceli Ardon tossed her 3-month old daughter Randy out into a field and then torched her body in an attempt to destroy the evidence. Read about the details of Brandy’s death and how her mother admits to giving her an over-dosage of morphine and ultimate death of her baby.

Upon further examination and review of evidence and a recount of the events, it was discovered that Suceli Ardon’s daughter Brandy was a terminally ill infant with congenital health problems.

http://headlinereviews.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/terminally-ill-infant-tossed-and-torched/

The Link "Read about the details" in the above story no longer works...

I thought I read the baby was discharged home with hospice, but I can't find the link... the mother having morphine for the baby makes me think she was on hospice.

I figured there was Details missing from the story. :(

Was this mother trained in how much morphine to inject into a 3-month-old baby? I am not making any excuses for this mother, but I also don't want to get too hard on her if she didn't purposely inject a lethal dosage into this baby. If it was an accident, my heart breaks for her.

If it wasn't an accident, I have to question whether she did it to make it so this baby didn't have to suffer any more.

My grandmother died of cancer. She was allergic to morphine and pain medications and she suffered a lot. She finally gave up... told us all that she knew she could do no more and that she just wanted to be home with her family when she passed. The doctors induced coma and she died in her bed with my grandfather (her husband of 67 years) by her side. It was sad, but I was relieved that she was no longer suffering. It is really hard to watch a loved one suffer so much.

I don't know if I can excuse her for burning the poor baby... but I just can't judge her at this moment. I need more information. Sad case all around!

Im sorry, no sympathy here. There is no way I could burn my dog much less my own child? Thats crazy!! I would call the paramedics immediately. I'm not saying she killed her child on purpose, it was an accident most likely, but please. You dont act like a savage and panic unless she was on something herself or she has a mental health issue. I could even give her a bit of sympathy if she was a young teen mom, but 26? No way.

Who wouldn't have a mental health issue over being sent home with their dying child? Just saying, that would be enough to cause an issue if there wasn't one to begin with.

Not that excuses her actions, but it may explain them, and with that explanation, we can potentially stop it from happening again in the future.

Prosecutor: Baby was alive when Reno mother set her on fire snipped

Medical tests show a terminally ill infant had still been alive when her mother placed her in a plastic bag, doused it with gasoline, and then set the bag on fire, according to Thursday testimony in Washoe District Court that ended with the woman’s release from jail.

Ardon is currently charged with third-degree arson and of destroying evidence related to her ridding of the gas can she used and her baby’s morphine medication. Both are punishable by probation. She had been in jail without bail until Thursday’s hearing.

Judge Steven Kosach ordered she be released on her own recognizance Thursday, and wear an electronic monitoring bracelet among other conditions.

Prengaman argued that Ardon is a flight risk because she is a native of Guatemala and knows she will be facing homicide charges.

“I trust you,” Kosach told Ardon. “If you let me down, I will hunt you down myself.”

Brandy suffered from a terminal, genetic disorder — Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome — and had recently been released from hospice care when she died.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110616/NEWS01/110616022/Prosecutor-Baby-alive-when-Reno-mother-set-her-fire?odyssey=nav|head

Her atty says she is grieving her baby's death and her boyfriend (Brandy's father) said she is the strongest women he knows and wants to have more children with her! May they never get that chance! IMO birth control should be the first condition of bail.

hospice gave my mother enough morphine to keep her comfortable and told us that it would also hasten the end. Does Hospice ever help with babies? This seems like so much for this mother, although the burning part leaves me wondering.

Yes Hospice helps people of all ages the support is for the patient and the family. The articles have all said she had been discharged from hospice, does that mean she was not actually at the end stage of her illness as previously thought?

Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome is not always concidered "fatal", depending on the amount of chromosomal damage. Poor muscle tone, difficulty swallowing (the feeding tube), mental retardation and distinctive features are most common. There can also be seizures, heart defects and genital defects.

The fact that mom & dad had a fight and dad left (to stay with his family) for a few days sticks out to me and the fact that she said she gave the baby the morphine by mouth rather than putting it in her feeding tube. Did she intentionally choke the baby? Who assumes their baby is dead by an accident, then doesn't try to get help? No matter what?

Waiting on toxicology reports.

Medical tests show a terminally ill infant had still been alive when her mother placed her in a plastic bag, doused it with gasoline, and then set the bag on fire, according to Thursday testimony in Washoe District Court that ended with the woman’s release from jail.

I just can't quite wrap my head around the entirety of the above sentence. Still alive when her mother doused her with gasoline...that testimony ended with her release on her own recognizance. Um, I was willing to cut the mother some slack when there was a good chance that the child was already dead...but she wasn't. She was alive. A child that had known nothing but pain her whole short life was subjected to more of it and the end of her life cut short. There;s something not quite right about that finding and the woman's release from jail on PR bond in the same sentence.

She's been released pending trial, murder charges may follow...WTH they've been saying that for months!!

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111222/NEWS01/111222017/Reno-woman-charged-setting-terminally-ill-baby-fire-released-from-jail-will-face-trial-October

Suceli Ardon on Wednesday night was released from the Washoe County Jail where she has been in custody since March. Earlier in the day during a renewed bail hearing, Washoe District Court Judge Steven Kosach ordered she be placed on house arrest for charges of third-degree arson and destroying evidence related to the burning of her 2-month-old infant, Brandy. Ardon had been held in jail on $100,000 bail, while the charges normally carry a bond of around $1,500.

more at link

This baby was ALIVE when she was SET ON FIRE.

Arson and destroying evidence?
Seriously?
For burning a baby alive?

Even if you can't prove she knew the baby was alive and don't think you can make a first degree murder case... you can at least add manslaughter or SOMETHING.

I don't know, I have mixed feelings on this one.

How much pain was the child in? If the mother had accepted that the child was terminal, and knew that the end was coming. At that point sometimes the only thing that becomes important is the fact that the child is in pain and the meds don't always take the pain away or last long enough. Somestimes it seems harder to watch a child suffer than to lose the child (esp when you have accepted that you are going to lose the child.)

I'm not reccomending her actions or condoning what she did. But I kinda understand it. She may have given the child the overdose thinking that it would take away her pain and end her suffering, knowing that it would kill the child. I understand the urge.

What she didn't understand was that the morphine would supress the heartbeat and respirations. But this time it didn't stop them. It just made them hard to find.

She thinking that the child was dead, knowing that if it was found out that she had given the child an OD, she was in trouble. Not understanding that the child was still alive with her vital signs suppressed, not stopped she thought she could stay out of trouble by hiding the disposal of the girl's body. It was her feelings of guilt over giving the OD that most likely led to burning the baby.

The saddest part is that if she had given the girl the OD, told no one and just called an ambulance after she had died most likely no one would have ever known. She could have had a funeral, buried the girl and mourned her like any other mother.

Why are they calling this syndrome "terminal?" Using that logic, we are all "terminal." Everybody will die, but people with this condition, even if they are profoundly mentally retarded, can live for 18+ years if they survive infancy (which most of them do). The link to the study on life expectancy:
"The median survival time for de novo deletions was 34+ years while for translocation cases it was 18+ years."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1734744/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back