Is this investigation still in the hands of local LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
I know that originally this press conference was slated allegedly to speak to the reward. Were these other discusions endorsed by local LE?

We know the spokesperson for the DA's office was clear that Pete Kampher does not speak for them, he isn't LE. The investigation at this stage seems to have pushed up to another level IMO. The DA's office has their own team of investigators. The child *advertiser censored* and I would think if they are seriously looking at a possible crime of death, that local LE would not be in charge.

So, what happened today, did the City Manager overstep? Do you think he is up to date on the investigation?

I know some of you want to discuss the way this presser moved from reward to what eventually happened.

This is not a rant, bash or otherwise beat up City Government or the City Manager. But your frustrations are the same as felt by a great deal of us.

If you have a theory about what happened today go ahead and post it. Critical thinking, opinion or theory is different than bashing. So let's do this the right way. :)

Transcribed directly from the presser:

"I asked Chief Bivins to sit in on the press conference. He hadn't been in on the others and, uh, and the reason I asked him here was not to make any statements but just so you can kind of, uh, put a face with someone who has been in the investigation since day one, actually day one, and so, uh, you know, uh, and Chief, Chief is here and uh, and just before I start before the actual press conference just so you know, I did discuss with the Chief and other law enforcement officials about the changes we have made in the award and how we have it worded and things like that, and what we are trying to do is get everyone on the same page."

Since PK is over the local LE in CC and getting the monies needed to up the reward, I think he once again put himself "out there". He may be clueless and wanting to be more involved or like he stated earlier "purposefully" unknowledgable about info regarding the case. The thing is...if it's the latter he's running interference all over the field. (That's the picture I keep getting after the PC..anyway). IMO.

There does seem to be some small town politics involved. I truly hope for Clint's sake and for those who care about Hailey that other LE has been brought in and will eventually take over the case. If, in fact, this child went through horrors that are only imagined now, someone has to be held accountable. IF she is deceased at the hands of others, the death penalty should be enforced.

I think he is working with LE as far as today's announcement.
I don't think he knows what evidence LE has.
I think LE was well aware of his announcement today, and I would bet they had a meeting about it and are all on the same page as far as the reward goes.
IMO he did not overstep his boundaries, a LE officer was right there with him, they were well aware of what this was all about.

I think that CCPD is active in the continued investigation the same way that my little girls used "help" me to make Daddy's birthday cake when they were pre-schoolers. They made more mess and it took a lot longer to clean it all up, but it made the kids feel important. My girls were much cuter, of course!

I am hoping that the FBI has a nice, clean case in the works without all of the local mess getting in the way. It seems to me that the local DA's people don't have much to do with the CCPD, and nobody communicates well with Pete, so Pete just decides to wing it once in a while and call a presser to give his point of view since he has very few cold, hard facts.

I didn't watch the presser, just read the recap. I hope I haven't gone too far in saying that my kiddos were cuter than the cops. The cops in Colorado City seem to avoid reporters and TV cameras, so I'm not even very sure what they look like!

This is a fiasco! OMG poor HD. The city manager is a joke. Why is he speaking??

Well, "My Opinion" might not go over too well here ... but anyway ...

What we do know is this:

Pete K is the "City Manager" for Colorado City, and a city manager is an administrative job, not LE -- and -- Pete K is former FBI.

??

Maybe LE is keeping him informed because of his FBI background ?

Maybe Pete K IS being informed about the investigation by LE ? He does NOT appear to have "overstepped" his boundaries because LE was present at the conference today.

Maybe PK's FBI background is something that is helpful to LE in assisting finding Hailey ??

Maybe I am being too optimistic ??

I do think Pete Kempfer is aware of what is going on in the investigation. Even if the DA office isnt telling him someone is. IMO.

This is a fiasco! OMG poor HD. The city manager is a joke. Why is he speaking??

I would guess it is at the behest of LE, since Chief Bivins was in the room during the PC today. I don't think the Chief of Police would just sit back and let someone give a PC without his blessing

Like I posted somewhere else on one of these threads, there has to be a method to this madness. We may not understand it yet but it's coming. Had Chief Bivins not been there with Kampfer today, I might feel differently but the way it stands right now, I believe that Kampfer is fully aware of what is going on with this investigation.

~jmo~

Isn't Kemfer the money man for CC? I tend to believe the investigation is still in CC, because I think PK is tired of blowing the budget. Maybe he wants to get back to the "normal" he can control. jmo

I think this goes here. The Secret Service is highly involved in child *advertiser censored* cases. I'm thinking that way back in the beginning when we learned they were on the scene they were there because of the child *advertiser censored*. I thought about this several days ago and kept forgetting to post. Thoughts?

I think this goes here. The Secret Service is highly involved in child *advertiser censored* cases. I'm thinking that way back in the beginning when we learned they were on the scene they were there because of the child *advertiser censored*. I thought about this several days ago and kept forgetting to post. Thoughts?

I think you are right teh. In the very beginning, when Hailey first went missing, I remember thinking it was odd that the Secret Service was involved. But, when the CP allegations hit, I KNEW that was probably the reason why the Secret Service was involved. Do you think that the CP was obvious in the very beginning?

I think you are right teh. In the very beginning, when Hailey first went missing, I remember thinking it was odd that the Secret Service was involved. But, when the CP allegations hit, I KNEW that was probably the reason why the Secret Service was involved. Do you think that the CP was obvious in the very beginning?

I think it must have been. Either they found things right off the bat, or someone told them BD and SA were involved in CP. Who knows, there might have even been "rumors" about it before Hailey disappeared. :waitasec:

I think it must have been. Either they found things right off the bat, or someone told them BD and SA were involved in CP. Who knows, there might have even been "rumors" about it before Hailey disappeared. :waitasec:

I wonder if LE found images on SA's phone? Maybe that was the stuff he was deleting during his interview with LE.

We've posted about the SS getting involved in missing children searches before, it is part of what they offer.

But what I am wondering is when is the last time that the Texas Rangers have been mentioned in connection with the case? Are they still active?

We've posted about the SS getting involved in missing children searches before, it is part of what they offer.

But what I am wondering is when is the last time that the Texas Rangers have been mentioned in connection with the case? Are they still active?

I agree that it is part of what they offer. But how many cases have the "collective we" been involved in and look how many of us were shocked when we heard they were involved with this one. I just don't think it's all that common.

I agree that it is part of what they offer. But how many cases have the "collective we" been involved in and look how many of us were shocked when we heard they were involved with this one. I just don't think it's all that common.

I know they were involved in Kyron's case, which is when many of us read their site and saw they are behind certain aspects of missing children legislation etc...

But I doubt they stay involved, they may offer resources. I don't think it means anything "secret" necessarily. These days, kids who are missing for a period of time with no signs of parental abduction or runanway have to at least be considered as having possible involvement with something larger/more sinister, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes