Identified! OK - Ardmore, WhtMale UP8533, 35-60, in Walmart restroom, Feb'11 - Name not found

tatertot

Reaction score
In the photo at the link below, this man is looking directly into the security camera at an Ardmore, Oklahoma Wal-mart store. Tragically, he ended his life in the store's restroom just moments later. Any ideas on who he might have been? His height stands out as rather tall.

http://www.ardmoreite.com/features/x1179523780/Police-still-seek-identity

https://identifyus.org/cases/8533 (sketch available)

Characteristics:

6 feet 4 inches
250 pounds
Estimated age 35-60
Brown eyes
Black/brown hair
Mustache
2.5" scar about 2-3 inches above left ankle
Clothes: gray "Faded Glory" jacket, blue t-shirt, red/white/blue/brown long-sleeve buttoned plaid shirt, black "New Balance" shoes, security photo shows him wearing a dark-colored, knit-type winter hat.
Accessories: purple disposable ear plugs (perhaps a hint of what type of job he had?)

I have no idea, but that is really very sad. I hope they are able to ID and notify soon.

I wonder the New Balance number shoe ie "New Balance 601", certain ones are sold to certain retailers.. (Shoe manager here..)

not sure this guy who committed suicide would be showing up on missing persons lists yet.

usually these stores have cameras all over the place. I wonder how he got there? probably did not take a bus so either he left a car in the lot or he was dropped off and if it was the latter, someone had to know who he was (unless he hitched a ride but even then someone would know something).

This is so sad,he must have been in alot of pain....poor soul RIP

There appears to be a logo on his cap. An odd question, but after his death, would LE have thoroughly searched the restroom trash as well as any trash bins at the front of the store? NamUs makes no mention of the hat which makes me wonder if he took it off -- maybe it's in the store's lost-and-found if he removed it before he made it to the restroom. Who knows, maybe the logo on the hat would reveal some hint about where he was from.

Shin Masamura, your possible match does look quite a bit like him and that's a very good question about the ownership of the gun!

There appears to be a logo on his cap. An odd question, but after his death, would LE have thoroughly searched the restroom trash as well as any trash bins at the front of the store? NamUs makes no mention of the hat which makes me wonder if he took it off -- maybe it's in the store's lost-and-found if he removed it before he made it to the restroom. Who knows, maybe the logo on the hat would reveal some hint about where he was from.

Shin Masamura, your possible match does look quite a bit like him and that's a very good question about the ownership of the gun!

Good point about the hat, it might have a tag in it etc. Also the only problem I have with the guy in the pic and the missing guy from Alaska is that it seems that the Walmart man is more ethnic. Like Turkish or something along those lines.. and I agree a missing persons file is probably too new for this case until someone that is missing him realizes..

Actually, he sort of does look like my husband, who is Turkish, Shin. Of course, my husband is safe and sound, just sayin'. Similar characteristics.

This may not be important, but I work at a psychiatric hospital where people sleep in dorm settings and we give out those disposable purple ear plugs for people who can't sleep due to their neighbors snoring. I wonder if he had recently been in an inpatient setting or possibly a homeless shelter in the Ardmore area?

The clothing and ear plugs suggest he could have been a day laborer. I've worked day labor before and carrying ear plugs would make sense in case you wound up working a noisy factory job and there was no more durable ear protection available. I hope LE inquires at any local day labor agencies to see if anyone there recognizes him.

I know Ardmore a little bit...a lot of people who work on trains (engineers, etc.) stop over there. I'm looking at a Google map of Ardmore to see if he could've come in on a train...but I don't see any train tracks at all. But I think I recall my friend's husband (who was a train engineer) having to wear earplugs to work. Just throwing that out there.

Attachments

• ardmoresuicide2011.jpg
    ardmoresuicide2011.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 65
  • RandyMcKenzie.jpg
    RandyMcKenzie.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ArdmoreSuicide1.jpg
    ArdmoreSuicide1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 51
I am pretty sure it's NOT this guy (in link below) since he has different hair/eye colors, was several states away and apparently went missing more recently.

I just thought it was interesting that he also wore New Balance shoes, is 6'4" and is about the same weight.

http://vancouver.katu.com/news/community-spirit/vancouver-police-searching-missing-local-man/439681

There's a pointer in the comments to a story that says Bradley Barter was found a few days later, so I guess it's not him.

http://vancouver.katu.com/content/missing-man-found-alive-and-well

Is it just me or does the angle of the camera seem odd? Almost looks like he is looking down at the camera. Someone have a camera for peeking up skirts or somthing?

Excluded:

MICHAEL LANE 1962 Florida
Billy Basinger, JR 1955 Missouri
Glenn Brandt 1961 Florida
Patrick Early 1965 Washington
Todd Hofflander 1971 Idaho
Dennis Kunkel 1966 Ohio
Christopher McAlister 1972 Kentucky
DAVID MORSE 1954 Ohio
Joe Richards, Jr. 1971 Arkansas
Samuel Richard Riser 1949 West Virginia
DRAGAN RNIC 1953 Nevada
Billy Silvers 1939 Arkansas
Chad Smith 1972 Kentucky
Leland Torrey 1968 Arizona
Kirk Westfall 1959 Florida
Herbert Williams 1969 Maryland

Not super excited about this possible match, but the stats are close enough that it seems worth a mention: Robert J. Long from NY. On one hand, the height, weight, and hair color are all in line. And he is described as being an alcoholic who may stop taking his antidepressants when he drinks. On the other hand, he has blue eyes, is just over the age range, and would be far from home. He did disappear with his car, however. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

http://www.northshoreoflongisland.c...Place-resident-Robert-Long-still-missing.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9580/24

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back