NJ Suboxone Makes It To Prison In Child's Coloring Book Pages

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Cinderella was painted with suboxone. Who knew?

Inmates in a Cape May County jail were having their coveted drug suboxone sent right in the mail. In the guise of children's art work.

If addicts were only so productive when they are not on drugs they could run the dang world.

More at link including mugshots and pictures of the coloring books. One of those from the outside arrested is the mother of a guy locked up in county. Half the free world is making fun of this ladies mugshot. Just warning you.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...led_narcotics_in_using_paint_on_children.html

Were they licking the drug off the paper?

Yup. Licking it or eating it.

In my genius mind I am figuring the people who procured it were going to sell it or were selling it to inmates that came in sick. If you have a tolerance to opiates you wouldn't get high off it. However, if you're in the throws of withdrawl that's what "cures" the sickness. In jail they don't care if you're kicking or not. They don't care how sick you are.

Quite enterprising if they were going to sell or trade. That lot on the receiving side had to have been locked up long enough they were not in withdrawl.

People are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

doesn't matter if you have a tolerance or not...suboxone will not get you high.
the active drug in suboxone, buprenorphine, was originally prescribed as a pain killer. because it's only a partial agonist opioid, it will block pain signals in your brain by filling receptors, but will not produce euphoria or any other effects. it has the pain killing power of morphine, but won't produce a high. the stuff is amazing..
then somewhere along the line, some doctor got the bright idea that it would be a stellar choice to treat drug addiction because unlike methadone, it has twice the half life (it'll keep them out of withdrawl longer) it was virtually un-abusable (or so they thought) because it doesn't produce a high.. so it's "no fun" and it's hard to overdose on because it has what's called a ceiling affect.. meaning, after a certain dose (32mg I believe) it will stop working. they also added naloxone, i believe to make it impossible to inject. if crushed or injected, the naloxone will put the user in withdrawl (it's what's given to people who OD on heroin to bring them out of their drug induced coma)

so now everyone's going on this amazing drug to treat opiate addiction... and it's being diverted and misused... and of course has gotten a bad name... so no the law requires everyone, pain patient or addiction patient to take suboxone because it has that extra ingredient... everyone who takes it for pain gets a dirty look from the pharmacist and labeled as a pill head.

stories like these irk the hell out of me.. i hope they get 20 years tacked on their sentence for this. THEY are the reason for all the stigma

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back