Will DT Use Manson Case To Discredit Evidence?

Wagara

Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
Reaction score
Casey Anthony's lawyers are working to discredit the findings of chloroform in Casey's trunk. WFTV obtained a document that shows how lawyers may use the infamous Charles Manson murder case to do it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27390001/detail.html

Why not? All they have left after this is the kitchen sink!

Casey Anthony's lawyers are working to discredit the findings of chloroform in Casey's trunk. WFTV obtained a document that shows how lawyers may use the infamous Charles Manson murder case to do it.

They can try but this ain't gonna fly. I watched this show, never realizing how important Dr. Vass would become to a tiny three year old child.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they can try. At least not in my state. It would "prejudice the jury" or "inflame the jury" and would create a need for habeas and retrial. Florida is way different though, however, Judge Perry is NOT!

What happens outside of Trial Court is a free for all, inside a Trial Court, this should be a big no no.

I thought it was Law 101, but again, this is Florida, not my state.

No matter what they try, ICA is a cooked turkey. IMHO JMO

I don't even remember chloroform in the Manson case...unless this about discreding "the sniffer machine", to use Baez's term for it.

Yes, Baez, use a crazy man who led a cult to discredit evidence in your case with a monster mom. Lord. Does not he not see the idiocy in doing that?

So, ICA is considered a comparable "celebrity" to the likes of Manson. Really? Do these guys have a new novel waiting in the wings? What a bunch of bull shovelers.

LMAO.

Just, L.M.A.O.

Not at you, Wagara, but at the idea of the defence doing this. But I guess desperate times...

From the article:

The defense tried to discredit Vass over a search he'd done at the Manson ranch, decades after Charles Manson's murder conviction, to find more bodies. The defense questioned Vass about finding only animal remains after saying the soil showed evidence of human decomposition.

NO!!! Not the squirrels again.

I thought there were human remains around Manson's place...oh my, this trial is going to be something else.

But I am afraid that it is Jose that is going to go out with a bang. wow, just wow.

They can try but this ain't gonna fly. I watched this show, never realizing how important Dr. Vass would become to a tiny three year old child.

she didnt even get to see her third birthday :(

Didn't Dr. Vass say where only permitted to go down a couple of inches. How many years has it been? Over 40 years ago and a fresh grave at that time would be more than a couple of inches deep. jmo

I don't remember chloroform being involved either, but then I only read Helter Skelter, lol! If there is case law for it sure, but I don't think anything was overturned in that case. No verbal comparisons can be made in open Court though if not using case law, at least in this state.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back