Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1236
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    What's really disappointing about this, is that only one side was argued. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/1...html?tab=video

    It would have been much more effective to have the other side say why the evidence is good.

    Maybe they did that but in the interest of time, the News just showed the key points from the defense's side?

    Salem
    I think they wanted a public forum to air their views, as opposed to a debate. It was presupposed that the prosecution's side has been given ample coverage in reports and press articles.
    Last edited by Salem; 04-05-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: fix my typo :)


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  3. #332
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24,092
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    I just don't see where Knox did this: Patrick was suggested to her by them, under conditions of duress for her. Mignini was under no duress with his 20 indictments which were thrown out.
    What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

    That is a particularly nasty thing to do.


  4. #333
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    One of the prosecutors illegally wire tapped police and media. I suppose we have to allow for the possibility that this same prosecutor could illegally wire tapped police and media again.

    Amanda demonstrated that she does not care about how her actions impact others, and that she is quite comfortable with the knowledge that someone's life was destroyed because of her actions and statements. We know that when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions, she will not do anything to assist. It's quite likely that Amanda's moral compass is permanently skewed and that she acted this way on more occassions than the ones that have been widely publicized.

    So ... we have the possibility that the prosecutor will illegally wiretap someone and the possibility that Amanda will continue to selfishly, and without moral conscience, harm others.
    I have a sister who fits this description, who has made my life hell for decades. It's called malignant narcissism. If I felt Amanda were like her, I would want them to lock her up and throw away the key. I just don't see Knox as this.


  5. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

    That is a particularly nasty thing to do.
    IF I come to begin convinced of this version - as I have read numerous ones which show duress, guilt, being unable to retract - then perhaps I will begin to eye Amanda with less compassion. Also, she may have had reason to suspect PL, if they told her they had found a hair belonging to a black man, and if she was not there.


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  7. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

    That is a particularly nasty thing to do.
    In her written statement, didn't AK herself admit that the visions of Patrick at the cottage seemed more like a dream? I think I recall something like this, which in my mind bolsters the argument that her statement was created by the questioner's suggestion.

    Or am I getting my instances confused?


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChasingMoxie For This Useful Post:


  9. #336
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Also: The symposium was entitled, "The Case for Innocence", and in no way claimed to be a debate by both sides.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  11. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24,092
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    IF I come to begin convinced of this version - as I have read numerous ones which show duress, guilt, being unable to retract - then perhaps I will begin to eye Amanda with less compassion. Also, she may have had reason to suspect PL, if they told her they had found a hair belonging to a black man, and if she was not there.
    It seems that some people are willing to overlook Amanda's horrendous lies, and her complete absence of empathy and compassion when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions. I would not want anyone like Amanda anywhere near me, my family, or anyone I cared about. I feel the very same way about Joran van der Sloot.

    You've mention duress a couple of times. How was Amanda under duress when she, sitting alone, asked for paper and pen, and then wrote a statement confirming her accusations against Patrick? How was Amanda under duress a day, or 3 days, or even 14 days later such that she could not tell investigators that she told a big fat lie about Patrick?


  12. #338
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingMoxie View Post
    In her written statement, didn't AK herself admit that the visions of Patrick at the cottage seemed more like a dream? I think I recall something like this, which in my mind bolsters the argument that her statement was created by the questioner's suggestion.

    Or am I getting my instances confused?
    No, you are not confused. Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real."


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  14. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    It seems that some people are willing to overlook Amanda's horrendous lies, and her complete absence of empathy and compassion when someone is suffering as a direct result of her actions. I would not want anyone like Amanda anywhere near me, my family, or anyone I cared about. I feel the very same way about Joran van der Sloot.

    You've mention duress a couple of times. How was Amanda under duress when she, sitting alone, asked for paper and pen, and then wrote a statement confirming her accusations against Patrick? How was Amanda under duress a day, or 3 days, or even 14 days later such that she could not tell investigators that she told a big fat lie about Patrick?
    As I said elsewhere:
    Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real." I call this duress.


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  16. #340
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24,092
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingMoxie View Post
    In her written statement, didn't AK herself admit that the visions of Patrick at the cottage seemed more like a dream? I think I recall something like this, which in my mind bolsters the argument that her statement was created by the questioner's suggestion.

    Or am I getting my instances confused?
    Amanda admitted that she was drugged up on the night of the murder, and she describes her memories as "flashbacks". Drugged up "flashbacks" are usually considered to be incomplete memories of actual events; incomplete because the drugs interfered with laying down a solid memory.

    Still ... what prevented Amanda from speaking the truth about Patrick after she told her mother about her horrendous lies? Nothing, as far as I can see. She had 14 days to come forward, to show compassion for a life she was destroying, but she chose to remain silent. That, in my opinion, is completely unforgiveable, and it speaks to very poor moral character.


  17. #341
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    BBM. Not exactly cross town. Her boyfriend was only a few minutes (walking distance) away.
    Still, there were knives at the house where Meredith and Amanda lived - why form the intent at RS's? BTW is there something in the background suggesting three ways? AK may have been sexually active but women don't tend to suggest bringing another woman in, men do. And if they decided to try and bring Meredith in, why the knife? This concocted story has too many GINORMOUS gaps that can't be filled with the scant evidence.
    __________________
    Disclaimer: I have a JD, but I am not licensed to practice. Therefore, do not interpret anything contained in my posts as legal advice - they are my personal opinion only.


  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:


  19. #342
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    24,092
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    As I said elsewhere:
    Amanda had been having visions and nightmares - very typical after one's home is broken into, and a friend murdered - she wrote that the police had "convinced me that my dreams are real." I call this duress.
    From Trial Transcripts:

    Prosecutor: "I stand by my statements that I made last night about events that events that could have taken place in my home with Patrick." [In Italian: "I confirm..."] Do you know what the word "confirm" means in Italian? "In the flashbacks that I'm having, I see Patrick as the murderer." There wasn't any policeman with you when you wrote that. No one. You wrote that in complete liberty. Do you know how to explain to me why? And this is even more decisive than what you said some hours earlier. Can you explain this?

    http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/vie...le=1&f=8&t=165


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:


  21. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Amanda admitted that she was drugged up on the night of the murder, and she describes her memories as "flashbacks". Drugged up "flashbacks" are usually considered to be incomplete memories of actual events; incomplete because the drugs interfered with laying down a solid memory.

    Still ... what prevented Amanda from speaking the truth about Patrick after she told her mother about her horrendous lies? Nothing, as far as I can see. She had 14 days to come forward, to show compassion for a life she was destroying, but she chose to remain silent. That, in my opinion, is completely unforgiveable, and it speaks to very poor moral character.
    Perhaps she was terrified that if she did so, they would go back to unfairly accusing her?


  22. #344
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,855
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    From Trial Transcripts:

    Prosecutor: "I stand by my statements that I made last night about events that events that could have taken place in my home with Patrick." [In Italian: "I confirm..."] Do you know what the word "confirm" means in Italian? "In the flashbacks that I'm having, I see Patrick as the murderer." There wasn't any policeman with you when you wrote that. No one. You wrote that in complete liberty. Do you know how to explain to me why? And this is even more decisive than what you said some hours earlier. Can you explain this?

    http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/vie...le=1&f=8&t=165
    Well, I cannot speak for Amanda, but if I were she, I would have said, "Since you lied to me, told me you knew I was there, told me I would be locked up for 30 years, told me the text from Patrick had great meaning, told me Raff was no longer standing up for me, when he really just admitted that while asleep he could not vouch for me also being asleep, I came to think your story about Patrick was reality."


  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMK For This Useful Post:


  24. #345
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What are you not seeing? Amanda accused Patick of murdering Meredith. She then voluntarily (no duress whatsoever) wrote a statement confirming this accusation and delivered it to police, calling it a "gift". For the two weeks following this "gift", Patrick was in jail. He was arrested as a direct result of her "gift". Even though she knew this was a lie, and should have understood that the arrest would ruin his life, she did nothing to assist Patrick.

    That is a particularly nasty thing to do.
    Wasn't that statement given the night Amanda was grilled by LE without the interrogation being video/audio taped?
    How many times has a person "confessed" or pointed to a person in these types of pressure cooker questionings because they believe they are led to believe it is the right thing to do.... You and I say would never do something like that, but then I've never been subjected to what Amanda went through that night.

    What I need is some real evidence that AK was in the room when MK was murdered.
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum. My posts not to be used/quoted outside of Websleuths.



  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:


Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:43 AM
  2. Replies: 749
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 317
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
  4. Replies: 826
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •