841 users online (149 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Unhappy MS - Child killed in school bus wreck

Very very sad... Seems like it collided with a tractor trailer.

Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

aww I bet most of the other kids are injured too since the bus rolled over

Kimberlyd125 is online now Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    How horrible!
    You never know.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    aww I bet most of the other kids are injured too since the bus rolled over
    Yes, it seems so... hope they recover....

Deputy coroner Murray Roark said several other children sustained life-threatening injuries in the crash.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/01...#ixzz1IISvnmRr

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Thanks! I didn't read the link i was too busy watching the bird

Unhappy Miss. school bus-semi crash kills girl; 10 hurt

JACKSON, Miss. Fog may have been a factor when a school bus and a tractor-trailer collided on a rural Mississippi highway Friday, killing a 10-year-old girl and injuring at least 10 people, authorities said.

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Jon Kalahar said the accident happened about 7:20 a.m. He said it appears that the bus had stopped at a stop sign on Mississippi Highway 450 and was turning on to U.S. Highway 61 when it pulled in front of the truck.

Kalahar said the truck driver told investigators he saw the bus and hit the brakes, but couldn't stop in time. Kalahar said the preliminary investigation showed it was foggy at the time and that may have contributed to the crash.

Murry Roark, Bolivar County's deputy coroner, said the student who died was a 10-year-old girl.

Her name is Taliyah McRoy, according to T.L. Redmon Funeral Home in Cleveland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_school_bus_accident_miss

May Taliyah RIP and may the Lord comfort her family and friends, in Jesus' Name, amen!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Thanks! I didn't read the link i was too busy watching the bird
    It was a different link - But it's seems very bad - there's a picture of both the bus and tractor trailer overturned...

So awful... Seems like fog played a role but I feel so bad for that bus driver.

ETA: Both drivers, really, but especially the bus driver it's s/he is seemed at fault.

According to Sgt. Ben Williams with Mississippi Highway Patrol, "My understanding is that the young child who lost her life was sitting in back where the impact took place."

"The bus was attempting to cross 450, had crossed southbound, and was approaching the northbound side," Williams said.

A reconstruction of the accident will look at whether fog played a part in the crash. MPH said it's possible the school bus driver simply didn't see the 18 wheeler. Williams said the truck driver did everything he could to stop when the school bus driver pulled out in front of him, but it was just too close and they hit.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...h-rpt-20110401
    Last edited by belimom; 04-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.

So tragic I hope the rest of the children make a full and speedy recovery!!!

And seatbelts on busses is not a bad idea......

This is so horrifying. You put your child on the bus to go to school...and then they are gone.

Prayers for all of the families and both drivers. This is so sad.