MS - Child killed in school bus wreck

aww :( I bet most of the other kids are injured too since the bus rolled over :(

How horrible!
You never know.

Thanks! I didn't read the link i was too busy watching the bird

JACKSON, Miss. – Fog may have been a factor when a school bus and a tractor-trailer collided on a rural Mississippi highway Friday, killing a 10-year-old girl and injuring at least 10 people, authorities said.

Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Jon Kalahar said the accident happened about 7:20 a.m. He said it appears that the bus had stopped at a stop sign on Mississippi Highway 450 and was turning on to U.S. Highway 61 when it pulled in front of the truck.

Kalahar said the truck driver told investigators he saw the bus and hit the brakes, but couldn't stop in time. Kalahar said the preliminary investigation showed it was foggy at the time and that may have contributed to the crash.

Murry Roark, Bolivar County's deputy coroner, said the student who died was a 10-year-old girl.

Her name is Taliyah McRoy, according to T.L. Redmon Funeral Home in Cleveland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_school_bus_accident_miss

May Taliyah RIP and may the Lord comfort her family and friends, in Jesus' Name, amen!

Thanks! I didn't read the link i was too busy watching the bird

It was a different link - ;) But it's seems very bad - there's a picture of both the bus and tractor trailer overturned... :(

So awful... Seems like fog played a role but I feel so bad for that bus driver. :no:

ETA: Both drivers, really, but especially the bus driver it's s/he is seemed at fault.

According to Sgt. Ben Williams with Mississippi Highway Patrol, "My understanding is that the young child who lost her life was sitting in back where the impact took place."

"The bus was attempting to cross 450, had crossed southbound, and was approaching the northbound side," Williams said.

A reconstruction of the accident will look at whether fog played a part in the crash. MPH said it's possible the school bus driver simply didn't see the 18 wheeler. Williams said the truck driver did everything he could to stop when the school bus driver pulled out in front of him, but it was just too close and they hit.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...-killed-in-shaw-school-bus-crash-rpt-20110401

So tragic :( I hope the rest of the children make a full and speedy recovery!!!

And seatbelts on busses is not a bad idea......

This is so horrifying. You put your child on the bus to go to school...and then they are gone.

Prayers for all of the families and both drivers. This is so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back