1313 users online (273 members and 1040 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO - Analeisa Rivera, 17 mos, dies of Oxy overdose, dad charged, 5 March 2011

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...53/detail.html

Manuel Angel Rivera, 30, was being held without bond and is facing felony charges of reckless child abuse resulting in death and two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Oh my how sad. Article states they don't know yet if baby got into them on accident or if they were given to her.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    So sad. Most likely it was accidentally ingested but this stuff needs to be kept out of the reach of children! You can't be too careful!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

That is tragic. We've had a number of sad cases like this in Oregon. My vet even shared that a number of dogs have died or had to have major life-saving attempts made due to painkiller ingestion. My first reaction is that it was most likely an accident as I have a hard time believing that a person in pain needing that medication or an addict would share one with a child. There are far more inexpensive ways to sedate an infant...horrible, illegal, and immoral but inexpensive.

These meds really really need to be kept in a small lock box. It's required for any family doing foster or elder care for the state but is a great idea for anyone using these meds, IMO.

Rest in peace little Analeisa. If the father allowed this to happen inadvertently, my heart goes out to him. Even if he proves to be an addict, that does not necessarily mean he intended to hurt his baby girl, IMO. We'll have to wait and see.

Its sad, almost weekly around here... ( maybe more) we hear of pharmacies being robbed for this stuff. And many smaller pharmacies have stopped carrying them, and post signs saying so, just for the safety of their employees. The addiction is bad, and growing more each day. IF it is an addiction case, I feel so bad. For everyone. Addiction can make people careless.

Well, even if just a tragic accident, it hurts my heart.

I just pray it wasn't intentional..... Parents, PLEASE STOP HURTING YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!

This is local to me and they just announced yesterday what this baby died from on the news . I don't believe it was on purpose one of the neighbors interviewed stated that you could hear the father crying and screaming her name, and saying something to the fact of "what I have I done"....it is sad.
    There is also another baby who died right around the same time as this child but I haven't heard anything on that yet. It is odd really 2 babies in a couple of weeks, we just don't hear that kind of news here,,,,,

I do wonder however if he was dealing the pills she got a hold of.....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Father arrested for daughter's death makes first appearance

http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/h...119072074.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

DA: Habitual criminal charges for father held in tot death

A Clifton man jailed Wednesday in the Oxycodone overdose death of his infant daughter will be prosecuted as a habitual criminal, District Attorney Pete Hautzinger told a judge today.

Manuel Angel Rivera, 30, 3233 White Ave., unit 4, is facing a potential third felony conviction if convicted on charges in the March 6 death of his daughter, Analeisa Rivera, 18 months. Manuel Rivera was convicted of attempted escape in 2000 and escape in 2002, both in Denver County, according to Hautzinger and Colorado Bureau of Investigation records

http://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/a...-in-tot-death/
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
    Its sad, almost weekly around here... ( maybe more) we hear of pharmacies being robbed for this stuff. And many smaller pharmacies have stopped carrying them, and post signs saying so, just for the safety of their employees. The addiction is bad, and growing more each day. IF it is an addiction case, I feel so bad. For everyone. Addiction can make people careless.

Well, even if just a tragic accident, it hurts my heart.

I just pray it wasn't intentional..... Parents, PLEASE STOP HURTING YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!
    Mommy, they do that here as well. They post signs saying they no longer carry oxycontin. Little Analeisa OD'd on oxycodone or so it's reported. Either way a child should have no access to any drug, but it's oxycontin that's a scourge.

Addiction does lead to carelessness, but in the case of oxycontin the addict usually keeps that on their person. Tougher to get and way more expensive than oxycodone.

Agreeing with Miss Izzy that an addict won't share their drugs let alone with a baby.

Well, it appears Rivera has a long record. Poor little girl.

RIP Analeisa/

http://www.nbc11news.com/news/headli...4.html?ref=264

Extremely short article but gives a brief outline of some details in unsealed arrest affidavit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    http://www.nbc11news.com/news/headli...4.html?ref=264

Extremely short article but gives a brief outline of some details in unsealed arrest affidavit.
    From Kat's link it states Rivera had two pills which were given to him from a friend. He noticed one on the floor in the very room his children were playing in and realized the other was missing so he proceeded to look for it.

From November 2011:

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/artic..._oxycodone_dea

Weeping for much of a brief court hearing, a Clifton man Tuesday said he was responsible for the Oxycodone overdose death of his toddler daughter.

Manuel Rivera, 31, will serve anywhere from 12 to 18 years in prison under the terms of a plea agreement struck Tuesday. Rivera pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in the death of his daughter, 17-month-old Analeisa Rivera.