1128 users online (224 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CO - Denver, Teen's body in suitcase, Apr'11 - Joshua Churchwell

Child's body found in suitcase in southwest Denver

DENVER -- Police are investigating the discovery of a child’s body that was partially buried in a field in southwest Denver Friday afternoon.

Investigators say a group of children came across the body at about 1:15 p.m. near a Denver Solid Waste Management facility and alerted a public employee who, in turn, contacted police.

The crime scene is in the area of 1710 West Atlantic Place, near the intersection of West Jewell Ave. and South Raritan St. and a short distance from Ruby Hill Park.

Witness Jose Silva, 16, told FOX31’s Tammy Vigil the body is that of a young boy.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-childs...tory?track=rss

snip
    One of the teenagers told 9NEWS when he got close to the container, he saw a human leg sticking out of it. He believes the body is that of a teenager.

Authorities have not released the age or sex of the body.
    http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=190940

My God, that is horrific. Let's hope it brings closure to one suffering family.

Another article, with slightly different details: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...64/detail.html

"Two 13-year-old boys said they were searching for scrap metal in the field when they found a briefcase partially buried in a field and covered with a plastic swimming pool.

One of the boys told 7NEWS Reporter Marc Stewart that when they opened the case, a large number of flies flew out and they saw what appeared to be a man's body. The body appeared to be wearing boxers, the kids said."
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

How terrifying for those kids!!!! Hope this gets solved quickly, crime around the front range seems to get worse each day...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Another article, with slightly different details: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...64/detail.html

"Two 13-year-old boys said they were searching for scrap metal in the field when they found a briefcase partially buried in a field and covered with a plastic swimming pool.

One of the boys told 7NEWS Reporter Marc Stewart that when they opened the case, a large number of flies flew out and they saw what appeared to be a man's body. The body appeared to be wearing boxers, the kids said."
    so now we went from a little boy to a teenager to a man
    Hope they update tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    so now we went from a little boy to a teenager to a man
    Hope they update tomorrow!
    I presume one or more of the reporters included unverified information. Probably all of them

If it's really a "briefcase," I'd be more inclined to the younger ages.

The body of a person discovered crammed into a suitcase and dumped in a field near a Denver park is of a young man or teen-ager, police say.

The body, which has not yet been identified, was also described as being white or Hispanic, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said.

Police consider the case a death investigation and not necessarily a homicide, Jackson said.

He said there were no obvious signs of violence.

Snipped from http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17759413

Police say it appears to be a White or Hispanic male in his late teens or early 20s. Police say they believe the body was there at least 48 hours, but there are no obvious signs of force, such as a stab wound or gunshot wound. They also say it does not match the description of any missing persons.

Snipped from http://www.9news.com/news/article/19...nd-in-suitcase

Okay...so the male was in a hole in the ground, covered by a briefcase and a plastic swimming pool and the police "don't necessarily" think it was a homicide? Do they think the man dug a hole, covered himself with the pool and perhaps just stopped breathing? This case sounds really messed up.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

There's no way this can be anything but a homicide. Someone had to cover him up after he was deceased, and someone had to have put his body in a suitcase.

It's definitely possible that his death was not the result of homicide. Probably the most obvious alternate reason is alcohol poisoning/drug overdose or any attendant side effects of intoxication (e.g. aspirating vomit after being put to bed to "sleep off" too much drink). Sometimes substance users panic and dump the body when a fellow user ODs. I'm sure they're going to run toxicology on the UID.

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Okay...so the male was in a hole in the ground, covered by a briefcase and a plastic swimming pool and the police "don't necessarily" think it was a homicide? Do they think the man dug a hole, covered himself with the pool and perhaps just stopped breathing? This case sounds really messed up.
    One thing that comes to mind is that he was homeless, tried to cover himself up to keep warm, and accidentally suffocated himself.

And no matter how the body was disposed of, that doesn't automatically mean somebody killed him first. He could have OD'd or something and the people around him just disposed of him.

Updated description..

Police say it appears to be a White or Hispanic male between 15 and 30 years old. He had a slight build with brown hair and brown eyes, a thin moustache and goatee. He had no scars, tattoos or body piercings.
    Snipped from http://www.9news.com/news/article/19...nd-in-suitcase

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    One thing that comes to mind is that he was homeless, tried to cover himself up to keep warm, and accidentally suffocated himself.

And no matter how the body was disposed of, that doesn't automatically mean somebody killed him first. He could have OD'd or something and the people around him just disposed of him.
    I don't buy it. I've never heard one case of a person "accidentally" suffocating themselves. Yes, I know about ODing, choking on vomit, etc. But I just don't see the suitcase or briefcase and pool being in an innocent scenario. Just my 2 cents.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I don't buy it. I've never heard one case of a person "accidentally" suffocating themselves. Yes, I know about ODing, choking on vomit, etc. But I just don't see the suitcase or briefcase and pool being in an innocent scenario. Just my 2 cents.
    You've really never run into a case of accidental suffocation? I don't want to be condescending and haul out pointers if you're just being rhetorical.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast