Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheyenne130

Reaction score
I would really like to discuss the recent witnesses and those who are still to come. I thought that the witnesses today were interesting and the testimony seems to be painting a clearer picture. MOO

I need to listen to the video tapes. I missed a whole bunch of today because it was end-of-the-month reports today. Work got in the way of my trial watching. I'm going to try to go listen to this morning's witnesses.

So do you think Brad knew about the area off Fielding Drive because he had driven back there looking at houses and lots? Why did the state ask the realtor about Toll Brothers builders, knowing they had that development? He confirmed he did not work with TB.
I missed most of the video, so I guess I missed the point? Seems that would have helped the state if he had been back there and knew the area.

The cross of the husband didn't really elicit much that I remember. The real estate agent was very interesting. I thought he provided a lot of information. Others thought the defense made him look bad at the end but I thought he explained his interactions with the PI very well. The defense continues to try and impeach the witnesses through their audio interviews with investigators but are not interpreting comments within the context they are made. The police officer on the stand offered some interesting insight but has yet to be crossed.

So do you think Brad knew about the area off Fielding Drive because he had driven back there looking at houses and lots? Why did the state ask the realtor about Toll Brothers builders, knowing they had that development? He confirmed he did not work with TB.
I missed most of the video, so I guess I missed the point? Seems that would have helped the state if he had been back there and knew the area.

That was very interesting to me. Cummings questioned him about that area and asked if they looked in that neighborhood. Real Estate agent said no. Not area of interest and out of price range. Then the defense came along and questioned him eliciting the exact same responses. No, they did not look in that area. So either the defense totally lost focus or any searches of that area do not exist.

I need to listen to the video tapes. I missed a whole bunch of today because it was end-of-the-month reports today. Work got in the way of my trial watching. I'm going to try to go listen to this morning's witnesses.

I missed the entire day too.. boohoo. I am listening now. I may just watch the realtor though, I only have a couple hours and not sure I want to be up till 1am listening lol

I missed the entire day too.. boohoo. I am listening now. I may just watch the realtor though, I only have a couple hours and not sure I want to be up till 1am listening lol

Definitely the realtor. The police officer noted straw grass on the mat inside the front door when he came on Tuesday, July 16th. He also heard BC on the phone saying something about "You're the older sister and you need to take care of your little sister" The officer noted he was upset. But the realtor had some communications that I believe are significant.

So it was the Nov of 2007 they were looking at lots.
I dislike Cummings. The guy needs to wake up and get with the program.

Definitely the realtor. The police officer noted straw grass on the mat inside the front door when he came on Tuesday, July 16th. He also heard BC on the phone saying something about "You're the older sister and you need to take care of your little sister" The officer noted he was upset. But the realtor had some communications that I believe are significant.

Listening to Susan Crook now, based on what you guys said earlier today hers may be a good one to watch too. My husband gets home from work at 11pm, I try to watch as much as I can before he gets up and complains i neglect him

Listening to Susan Crook now, based on what you guys said earlier today hers may be a good one to watch too. My husband gets home from work at 11pm, I try to watch as much as I can before he gets up and complains i neglect him

Sorry! You're right. I can't believe I forgot about her. Definitely a very good witness for the prosecution. Unlike other friends, her demeanor was the same for both prosecution and defense.

So it was the Nov of 2007 they were looking at lots.
I dislike Cummings. The guy needs to wake up and get with the program.

To be honest I think Zellinger is the only truly effective prosecution presenter. Fitzhugh words her questions very poorly and Cummings takes too long to get the question out. I like it when Zellinger gets up and he wasn't on tap for anyone today. He'll be back for Det. Daniels. (I HOPE!)

Cummings had a senior moment when he had Dr. Butts on the stand.
Very poor performance.

I just read on the earlier thread speculation that this was asked by the prosecution to set up later computer evidence that they have that he searched that area (presumably in looking for a good dump site).

I guess that could be the case, but I'm puzzled how that would have worked. If I had a dead body in the house and my goal was to dump it somewhere that I wouldn't likely be seen but also somewhere not too far away since I had small kids sleeping in the house, I would look up my own address on Google Maps (or Mapquest, etc). I would then start dragging the map around looking for ideas of places that would fit my criteria.

So, in that case it would be my address that showed up in the browser history. There is no way that the map web site can save everywhere you drag the map too. Writing all of that to disk would: 1) fill up your hard drive, 2) make the map horrendously slow.

If I knew of some area that might fit the criteria (Fielding Dr in this case), I'm not sure what the point of searching that area would be. I don't need a map, I know where I'm going. I guess you could say that it was to look at Google satellite images to see whether there were houses there yet. But, surely Brad would be smart enough to know that you can trust the satellite images since they are often a year or two out of date.

Now, to me, it would be pretty suspicious if he did any Google Maps (or something similar) in the middle of the night. But, I'm not sure why he would have searched specifically for the dump site.

I suppose another possibility could be that he remembered having driven by a new Toll Brothers neighborhood, but didn't recall exactly where it was. So, then he went to the Toll Brothers website and looked for neighborhoods in the area to refresh his memory. That would be pretty suspicious as well.

I just read on the earlier thread speculation that this was asked by the prosecution to set up later computer evidence that they have that he searched that area (presumably in looking for a good dump site).

I guess that could be the case, but I'm puzzled how that would have worked. If I had a dead body in the house and my goal was to dump it somewhere that I wouldn't likely be seen but also somewhere not too far away since I had small kids sleeping in the house, I would look up my own address on Google Maps (or Mapquest, etc). I would then start dragging the map around looking for ideas of places that would fit my criteria.

So, in that case it would be my address that showed up in the browser history. There is no way that the map web site can save everywhere you drag the map too. Writing all of that to disk would: 1) fill up your hard drive, 2) make the map horrendously slow.

If I knew of some area that might fit the criteria (Fielding Dr in this case), I'm not sure what the point of searching that area would be. I don't need a map, I know where I'm going. I guess you could say that it was to look at Google satellite images to see whether there were houses there yet. But, surely Brad would be smart enough to know that you can trust the satellite images since they are often a year or two out of date.

Now, to me, it would be pretty suspicious if he did any Google Maps (or something similar) in the middle of the night. But, I'm not sure why he would have searched specifically for the dump site.

I suppose another possibility could be that he remembered having driven by a new Toll Brothers neighborhood, but didn't recall exactly where it was. So, then he went to the Toll Brothers website and looked for neighborhoods in the area to refresh his memory. That would be pretty suspicious as well.

Like I said. I don't think there is evidence of this search on the computer. My reasoning is that the defense asked almost the same questions as the prosecution and got the same responses. If they knew (and they have all the discovery) that there were searches of Fielding Drive on the computer, they would not have been emphasizing that.

So was this 'hay' in the foyer collected? I guess we'll find out Monday.
Kurtz will just say the detectives brought it in when they came in earlier.

By the same token, the defense should stick with Trenkle. MOO

Oh ya.. he is a fighter.. seems to have a bit of a temper or at least sound like it though, may not going over well with the judge.. maybe they are leaning on him more lately because Kurtz really has upset the judge so many times.

Like I said. I don't think there is evidence of this search on the computer. My reasoning is that the defense asked almost the same questions as the prosecution and got the same responses. If they knew (and they have all the discovery) that there were searches of Fielding Drive on the computer, they would not have been emphasizing that.

But they both only emphasized he was not shown that subdivision in 2007.
They may still have evidence of a computer search on 7-12-08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82