768 users online (137 members and 631 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

NV - Al, 59, & Rita Chretien (fnd alive), 56, Elko County 19 March 2011

I first learned of this couple being missing on another board that I frequent. These are the member's inlaws... They crossed into Washington State around 7:00am on 3/19/11, and their credit card was used to buy gas in Baker City, OR, at 2:41pm on 3/19/11. Since then - nothing. No cell phone activity, no credit card/debit card usage, no contact at all. They never checked into their hotel at the conference they were headed to.

Penticton couple missing in the U.S.

Missing: Albert and Rita Chretien, 59 and 56 years old, crossed into Washington State via Oroville on March 19, around 7:05 a.m. en route to Las Vegas. They were travelling in their light brown 2000 Chevy Astro van, with B.C. licence plate 212 CAV. The couple's children contacted police when they failed to return home between Monday and Wednesday, as planned.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Penticto...#ixzz1IKcieiy9
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Baker city is pretty out there if I remember correctly, I mean just kinda off the grid. A lot of long stretches from there where you litterally see no one and nothing. A car accident would be my first guess, I hope someone is driving this route to look for any signs of an accident.....

I think they've got multiple LE involved. CRMP, Washington State police, etc...

Idaho, and NV need to be involved, I hope they are. Between baker city and boise ( I am guessing on their route) There isn't much, a lot of long stretches of road, and then Boise down through eastern nevada is much of the same. IMO

And They also may have chosen scenic routes, a lot of cutoff hwys around there that have beautiful scenery. I pray they had supplies in there vehicle, in case they are broken down or crashed, and I really hope someone is driving these routes.

I passed the FB page along to my Dad, a retired truck driver from the NW, and asked him to pass info along to all of his friends still in the business.

I think someone did a calculation and about the farthest they could get on one tank of gas from their gas purchase in Baker City would be Wells, NV. So I'm thinking something happened between Baker City OR and Wells NV.

Thanks for passing the info along. What a great network of folks up there to be on the lookout!

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I think someone did a calculation and about the farthest they could get on one tank of gas from their gas purchase in Baker City would be Wells, NV. So I'm thinking something happened between Baker City OR and Wells NV.

Thanks for passing the info along. What a great network of folks up there to be on the lookout!
    You are probably very correct....BUT the more scenic route would put them going on US-95, and then they wouldn't even go near Wells, instead they would make it to about Winnemucca NV. Which is about 180 miles west of Wells. And a totally different route. But similar mileage south of Baker City.

Now that I just figured all that out, I sent my Dad another email, lol. US 95 is way more desolute than the other route.

This whole area scares me when I see someone missing, you really don't see other cars or towns for miles...... I grew up driving these roads a few times a year. And often, there is sketchy, at best, cell service.

Praying for them tonight.....

Here's another article. I can't imagine what they're going through. Praying for their safe return...

Penticton family frantic with worry after couple vanishes on way to Las Vegas

(...snip...)

“They were making it a little vacation on the way,” said son Raymond Chretien, 36, Saturday night. “Was it foul play or did they go off the side of the road or into a lake? We just don’t know.”

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/Penticton...#ixzz1ILGDkgB8

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...14619811888354
    FB missing page.

A FB poster has calculated mileage and times and dates in order to see their route.

Family member says that he has talked with Washington police and they are looking at credit card purchase in Oregon and the video footage. And two investigators from a Canadian task force are in charge of the case.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 04-02-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: add more to sentence
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/119105529.html

Officials have not determined whether it was the Chretiens themselves who used the card in Oregon. Their card and cell phone have not been used since.

I am guessing the police have checked the last cell phone ping and the last few messages. They could have had an accident and unable to call for help. As other posters have said, that area, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada are very remote.
    Gary Haugen

Anyone with information regarding the Chretiens or their van is asked to contact any of the following:

The Penticton RCMP at 250-492-4300
    Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477
    Okanagan County Sherriff 509-422-7232
    Washington State Patrol 509-682-8090

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Penticto...#ixzz1INzWqf3E
    Gary Haugen

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/119105529.html

Officials have not determined whether it was the Chretiens themselves who used the card in Oregon. Their card and cell phone have not been used since.

I am guessing the police have checked the last cell phone ping and the last few messages. They could have had an accident and unable to call for help. As other posters have said, that area, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada are very remote.
    RBBM

On the NEW FB page (will post link on next post), they posted an update from the couple's son, Raymond, saying he just got off the phone with the Washington State Police Detective assigned to coordinate the American side of the investigation, who is on location right now flushing out the March 19th credit card gas purchase in Baker City, OR. They are looking at video footage as well.

Hoping they can confirm it was Al and Rita at the gas station in Oregon, and praying they will be found alive and well.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

There are two Facebook accounts:

( 1 ) Missing - Al and Rita Chretien (open group) : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...14619811888354

( 2 ) NEW - Missing - Al and Rita Chretien (FB page) : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missin...996087?sk=wall

Missing - Albert (59) and Rita (56) Chretien
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

A flyer that another member on the other board did for the daughter-in-law:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/__...VPgZRjX8A8/512

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast