725 users online (113 members and 612 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Police chief's wife, Sonya Davis, arrested for sex abuse of teen

If I were in this woman's circle of family and friends, I'm not so sure I'd want her to have contact with her son while the investigation is going on. This is truly shameful.

Being that minors cannot consent to sex at all until age 18 in Oregon, I wonder why this isn't being called rape? My heart goes out to this teen. He must be tremendously confused. Powers is a tiny town. I can't see how he can continue at that high school.

Sex case allegations stun small town, high school

"The wife of the Powers [OR] police chief is accused of sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy over a two-month period. Sonya Davis, 40, was indicted by a Coos County grand jury Thursday afternoon of six counts of sex abuse.

The case, which was investigated by Oregon State Police, has jolted the town of about 750, firing up the rumor mill and casting a chill over the small high school, which the boy attends...."

On March 24, officers arrested Davis, who was released the next day on her own recognizance on bail of $75,000. She is due to appear in Coos County Circuit Court on April 8 for arraignment on allegations of having nonconsensual sexual intercourse and oral sex with a minor. Davis is banned from having contact with the boy, his family or any minors besides her own son. Frasier said the investigation indicated that Davis had been sexually abusing the boy, a junior at Powers High School, for two months...."

more at link

She logged on today???

Oh Lord, I hope the wink isn't for who I think it is. That is too gross.

She's worked with at-risk teens, too. Horses:

Social Service and Welfare Organizations in Powers, OR

R I D E R Summit Ranch (Realizing Individual Dreams Equestrian Ranch)
    1090 N 3rd, Powers OR

Some questions of another nature have been raised about this organization:

Questions raised about youth program

".....The couple said the RIDER (Realizing Individual Dreams Equestrian Ranch) Summit program, which had promised to assign Ginger to a teenager, had used her for another purpose - breeding.

Meanwhile, a Corvallis woman who donated four horses to the program said she was shocked to recognize one of them on the block at a Eugene horse auction..."
    Last edited by Missizzy; 04-02-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Since the minor is 17, in many states it would not be a crime.