1128 users online (224 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Order in the Court -a profile of Judge Perry

A very interesting article on Judge Perry.
    http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlan...-in-His-Court/

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    A very interesting article on Judge Perry.
    http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlan...-in-His-Court/
    Thanks
    Amil had mentioned that JBP was on the cover of Orlando Magazine so when I went grocery shopping today I wanted to buy a copy....they did not have any more copies..

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlan...ne/April-2011/
    Judge Belvin Perry on the Cover
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Great article. Thank you. I was wondering about who Belvin Perry was as a child and his background. He is a very down to earth person and I can see why.

ETA; I had wondered why his eye was droopy. Now I know he lost his eye at age 6. wow
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Great article, I learned a lot about His Honor....

(note to self: move butcher knives out of sight)

I had learned much of this through my research of HHJP but lots I didn't know. I feel much better knowing this case will be in his hands.

This is a must read. Brad Kuhn has revealed so much about HHJP's life that it makes me wonder about HHJP's level of cooperation with this article. Not that I think anything is bad or disturbing but that I'm surprised that HHJP would be quite so "open" about so many private things. I am so pleased, though, to know that we don't have a judge sitting over this case who thinks he is almost as perfect as God.

I, as other posters here, have been worried about his eye drooping. It seems to happen more often during stressful times in the court proceedings so I was grateful to read the following and understand the cause.

Now I won't have to keep praying that he won't have a stroke or something during the trial! God bless him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Isn't that a wonderful read?

I'm not worried about a mistrial or appellate issues for a nanosecond.

I have really enjoyed watching this Judge in action. Having lawyers and Judge's in my family I really appreciate the subtle but powerful way that His Honor manages the courtroom.

While some may be concerned that his occassional leeway with the DT is demonstrative of not enforcing rules, I see it differently. I see a Judge managing his courtroom and maintaining a schedule. He is accommodating when it presents a possible appellate issue, and he is resolute when it is a mere matter of respect and following orders.

I had wondered about the droopy eye. It is kind of adorable. I had no idea he has only one that works. Knowing that now irritates me more to think about how CM exploits his selective hearing issue / impairment / condition / or trademark.

While we have all commented how stupid it was to to push SS out......I think that JB is actually in MUCH better shape with this Judge. HHJP has consistently coached, educated, guided, and "helped" JB.

The assertion that His Honor is biased is just legal gamesmanship. While insulting to many, I doubt it even phased Judge Perry. This isn't his first rodeo. (But wouldn't he be just adorable in a cowboy hat?)

What a wonderful human being - that's all I can say. The article was so well written, I give huge kudos to the author.

The one thing that worries me is that His Honour is so immersed in this case I'm afraid he may forego his health in doing so. I know he has the wisdom to get enough sleep, but his passion for the law and justice appears to outweigh his own healthy best interest. I hope he takes the time to get on the treadmill, or sit out in the backyard and drink lemonade. And if Baez starts in on him (ojecting to His Honour's rulings) I will have a massive fit.

There's one thing I know I won't be expecting -- a judge Ito circus. I'll never forget the day he displayed flowers on his bench that many speculated were from a fan. They were quickly removed (and my apologies - I can't find a picture...just going from memory).

I'm so please His Honour is there for Caylee Marie Anthony. It's the way it should be.

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Great article, I learned a lot about His Honor....

(note to self: move butcher knives out of sight)
    I know - that was incredibly tragic. Though I do believe the accident made him a much stronger person.

And I never noticed the eye myself, just the leg (which seems to hop only when Jose is being...well...Jose).

MOO

Mel

Cried when i read this article. Think i lub him more than i do me lil paddy (lp)

sur hope jb reads this. His leg bouncin make me grin e-time i see it. Think i noticed him coverin a grin a couple of times (wasnt that) friday? The last time. Days r turned around and flipped upside down lately.
    GA: "...I mean I’m not a stupid guy...”
    Det. Hussey: “I think you’re, I think you’re a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.”
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I know - that was incredibly tragic. Though I do believe the accident made him a much stronger person.

And I never noticed the eye myself, just the leg (which seems to hop only when Jose is being...well...Jose).

MOO

Mel
    I agree about the tragedy making him stronger. I cannot imagine a 6 yr old losing an eye to a butcher knife. How horrifying and painful that must have been for him, and his family. To make it through that is a true inspiration.

I already had the utmost respect for him, but this makes me love him as a person as well, imperfections and all.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

ICA needs to see this article. He has presided over 8 DP cases, and awarded the DP in all! Why on earth should she be any different?

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    I really can't contain my anger when the DT behave abominably to the SA & HHJP.
    This is a case when we show our humanity, honesty & respect for our Creator & his world & man created in his image. I simply cannot believe that grown-up, educated people can disparage the death of helpless child by her own parent & create a circus of disrespect for the investigation & trials according to the laws of our country & of our Creator God.
    I only hope that fairness & obedience will prevail .God's blessings & good health to HHJBP, as well as to LBD,JA , and all the SA. I really find the behavior of the DT despicable , puerile & at times vulgar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    This is a must read. Brad Kuhn has revealed so much about HHJP's life that it makes me wonder about HHJP's level of cooperation with this article. Not that I think anything is bad or disturbing but that I'm surprised that HHJP would be quite so "open" about so many private things. I am so pleased, though, to know that we don't have a judge sitting over this case who thinks he is almost as perfect as God.

I, as other posters here, have been worried about his eye drooping. It seems to happen more often during stressful times in the court proceedings so I was grateful to read the following and understand the cause.

Now I won't have to keep praying that he won't have a stroke or something during the trial! God bless him.
    Thnaks for pointing that out...I to worried about the stroke factor....I also started watching to see if both eyes blinked at the same time....
    jmo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast