Family dog kept watch over missing 2-year-old overnight

What a sweet story. I am confused about one thing.. The neighbors who reported the noise, weren't even aware that a toddler was missing!!!

What a sweet story. I am confused about one thing.. The neighbors who reported the noise, weren't even aware that a toddler was missing!!!

Agreed! I am so glad that child was found, but cannot believe the searchers didn't go door to door. And I would not have quit searching that night.

Windy

I just love stories like this with such warm, happy endings...! (It could have ended very differently.)

Children and Dogs!!!!! Nothing I love more!!!!!
Dogs are sooo smart and loving, I don't think people realize just how much.
Great story and thanks for sharing. It is nice to have a happy ending.

22 months ... not even 2 years! so yes, where exactly did she send him to get juice?

Awww! What a nice story and a happy ending.

When DH was about 13, he and hi friend each lied to their folks and decided to trek off into deep woods and have a camp out. During the night it snowed and DH woke to find that his best friend had decamped for home, leaving DH alone with just the sleeping bag he slept in. DH was freezing till about half an hour later when a large scruffy dog came along and crawled into the sleeping bag with him. Come morning the dog left and DH bundled up his sleeping bag and trudged home through the snow.

Maybe the dog was just cold too, but I always remember that dog when I see a stray and try to help.

22 months ... not even 2 years! so yes, where exactly did she send him to get juice?

I haven't heard that but the last news report did say the home was in deplorable condition and CPS is now involved and bio dad is on the way from a military assignment to check on things......I was cooking dinner in the other room so don't know what network it was coming from at the time....

I'm glad the little guy was found safe but I thought it was kind of odd that the article reports that the neighbor heard choppers/helicopters. Did anyone knock on the neighbors doors to ask if maybe they saw the little boy or if they could look in their yards? I'll be honest, the minute one of my children ever wandered away from me, I was calling at the top of my lungs for them. LOL

I haven't heard that but the last news report did say the home was in deplorable condition and CPS is now involved and bio dad is on the way from a military assignment to check on things......I was cooking dinner in the other room so don't know what network it was coming from at the time....

The stry doesnt make sense. He went to get some juice and didnt come back??? Hes not even 2 yrs old and yes, why didnt they go door to door asking people to check their yards, etc?????

Well I'm not "smiling" about this story anymore. And, it appears, neither are his parents.

Toddler who huddled with dog on cold night walks away again

An Elgin mother and her boyfriend were in jail after her 22-month-old son walked away from their house Sunday for the second time in eight days.

Jacklyn Marie Jacobson, the 25-year-old mother, and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Jose Bleckler Gloria, both of Ashley Creek Drive in Elgin, were in the Kershaw County Detention Center on charges of unlawful neglect of a child, Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews said. The boy and a 6-month-old baby, who also lived in the home, have been taken into protective custody by the S.C. Department of Social Services, he said.

Ohh lord :(
I was ready to give them a pass on the Getting juice thing as when my kids were 2 they had sippy cups and they'd leave it all over the place so I'd tell them to get it themselves LOL and figured the kid got out when mom told him to go get his juice (his sippy cup).

Not this time!
Dad needs to be on the first plane back form Hawaii and take his child back home with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back