GUILTY CA - Marvin Norwood & Louis Sanchez for attack on Giants fan, Dodger Stadium, 2011

Fairy1

VOTE!!!
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402...hdGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNnaWFudHNmYW5yZW0-

LOS ANGELES – A savage beating by two men outside Dodgers Stadium has left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

The beating after Thursday's season opener between the Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers left the victim in critical but stable condition.
Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing. Investigators were also checking to see if any security cameras captured the attack, but Detective Larry Burcher said they had found "nothing of great value."

I truly hope they catch these punks ASAP. What they did epitomizes poor sportsmanship and they should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Shame on them. There had to have been plenty of witnesses. Let's hope at least ONE of them did the right thing and wrote down the license plate of these pathetic losers.

And may the victim make a full recovery soon.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402...hdGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNnaWFudHNmYW5yZW0-

LOS ANGELES – A savage beating by two men outside Dodgers Stadium has left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

The beating after Thursday's season opener between the Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers left the victim in critical but stable condition.
Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing. Investigators were also checking to see if any security cameras captured the attack, but Detective Larry Burcher said they had found "nothing of great value."

I truly hope they catch these punks ASAP. What they did epitomizes poor sportsmanship and they should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Shame on them. There had to have been plenty of witnesses. Let's hope at least ONE of them did the right thing and wrote down the license plate of these pathetic losers.

And may the victim make a full recovery soon.
I read about this in my morning paper. So sad, all because he wore a Giants uniform at Dodger Stadium. My mother used to worry about wearing a Cubs hat to a Mets game years ago, but this is for real and taking it too far!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: They think it may have been a gang attack.

I read about this in my morning paper. So sad, all because he wore a Giants uniform at Dodger Stadium. My mother used to worry about wearing a Cubs hat to a Mets game years ago, but this is for real and taking it too far!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: They think it may have been a gang attack.

That's just the thing! There are always going to be two teams playing a game and fans rooting for each team. Of course they're going to wear their fan garb - as well they should! What fun would it be if only the home-team fans went to games?

It's the whole gangbanger thing that bothers me most, I think. I'm about at my wits end with what the little roaches do daily in their "hoods." But taking it to a friggin baseball game and behaving like they did is going too far. They don't belong in a place like that any more than Osama Bin Laden does!

How long will it be before good parents who want to take their kids to a ball game are going to be too afraid because of little bully pi$$ants like this?

this is so pathetic, it's just sports and just a game. while it sounds like this was an unprovoked attack, it's also sad the man''s friends ran away like cowards. it would have been 3 against 2 then and maybe their friend wouldn't be in a coma now.

if they didn't want to throw down, they could have got on the phone then and there and called 911 while threatening to call the cops in front of the attackers.

people are disgusting sometimes. sports turn people into imbeciles.

this is so pathetic, it's just sports and just a game. while it sounds like this was an unprovoked attack, it's also sad the man''s friends ran away like cowards. it would have been 3 against 2 then and maybe their friend wouldn't be in a coma now.

if they didn't want to throw down, they could have got on the phone then and there and called 911 while threatening to call the cops in front of the attackers.

people are disgusting sometimes. sports turn people into imbeciles.

The way I see it, the guy's friends were trying to avoid a fight and, unfortunately, he didn't get away fast enough. Doesn't really matter, no one should have to run away from a bunch of stupid thugs at a baseball game.

And no, sports don't turn people into imbeciles. The majority of sports lovers don't beat the living carp out of others for fun. Imbeciles are imbeciles, no matter where they are.

IMHO.

Senseless, awful violence.

Prayers that this poor soul recovers somehow.

In all honesty Philly used to get the rep for horrible things like this happeneing. Why anyone would beat up the Cowboy's unofficial mascot is beyond me. Pelting Santa with ice. The list goes on. Alcohol usually is the main factor.

Again prayers for this poor person. Permanently injured over a team alliance.

The way I see it, the guy's friends were trying to avoid a fight and, unfortunately, he didn't get away fast enough. Doesn't really matter, no one should have to run away from a bunch of stupid thugs at a baseball game.

And no, sports don't turn people into imbeciles. The majority of sports lovers don't beat the living carp out of others for fun. Imbeciles are imbeciles, no matter where they are.

IMHO.
The paper said the victim is a paramedic and father. They picked on him because he was the biggest guy.

About ten years ago there was a series of incidents between fans of Nebraska and Colorado, usually at the games in Colorado. Fans who showed up in Boulder wearing Nebraska gear could often count on getting pushed, yelled at, etc. Some friends took their two year old kid with them to the game, he was wearing a cute toddler Nebraska outfit. After the game some drunk oaf was yelling in the poor kids face and a shoving match broke out when dad interved. There was an older couple from Omaha who had NO interest in sports who actually were refused service at places in Colorado because of their license plate.
Thankfully saner heads prevailed and that period is a bad memory. A lot of it was being whipped up by some obnoxous sport talk show in Denver. It just goes to show that for a lot of people this stuff IS their life, and its deadly serious tom them.

The paper said the victim is a paramedic and father. They picked on him because he was the biggest guy.

Well, aren't they so effing cool for brutally beating the "biggest" guy?

Idiots.

Violence has always been a problem at Dodger Stadium. If it wasn't a rivalry incident, it was a gang incident, or a theft incident. It's not unusual after a game to find your car gone or your tires gone and your car sitting on blocks. Someone eventually gets hurt or killed and security is beefed up for a bit then the cycle repeats itself a couple of years later. The area is scum. The problems have been well known for decades.

From 2009 article-snips

The Dodgers home opener against the San Francisco Giants was marred by violence Monday afternoon when a man was stabbed multiple times after getting into an argument with several men in a pickup truck, Los Angeles police said.
About the same time, police received a report of a man with a gun in parking lot 4. Rayner said police later determined that the man had been vandalizing cars and was unarmed. He fled before officers arrived.
Complaints about unruly fans at the ballpark continue, and the stadium has a history of problems that critics have blamed on lax security.
In 2003, Marc Antenorcruz of West Covina was walking out of the stadium after a game when he got into an argument with a group of men that included Pete Marron. Marron was later convicted of shooting Antenorcruz to death.
Later that year, a clash between private security guards and unlicensed vendors working near the stadium turned into a violent brawl after a game against the St. Louis Cardinals, leaving several men hospitalized with stab wounds.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04/man-stabbed-after-dodger-stadium-home-opener.html

Why are people such idiots?:banghead: The attackers, I mean--so stupid!! It's a sporting event, a competition, two teams! That's what it's about. It's supposed to be fun.

And weren't there others around, many others, who could have intervened?

Prayers for Bryan Stow and his family. That's a da*n shame something so horrific could happen to this poor guy.

Unfortunately there is a high gang culture in LA..The highest followers being that of the Lakers and then the Dodgers! I think it the fault of the owners who just care for the $$ they bring in, especially in the buying of their T-shirts and stuff. A typical gang outfit at one of these games is a t-shirt worn down to their knees and their hats to the side or a bald head..with an attitude of indestrucibility on their shoulder. At the Dodger games they even play the hip-hop music during the innings..Don't tell me that's not attracting gang flys!!

I think it the fault of the owners who just care for the $$ they bring in, especially in the buying of their T-shirts and stuff.

Yes, those darn t-shirts! These young men likely never would have waged such a savage attack if only they had not been antagonized by those t-shirts!

Suspect in Dodger Stadium beating of Bryan Stow is in custody

A man suspected of being one of the two assailants in the brutal beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium was taken into custody early this morning, Los Angeles police sources say.

At about 7 a.m., the Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team descended on an East Hollywood apartment building with a warrant in hand. According to apartment building manager Maritza Camacho, police, using loudspeakers and with guns drawn, called out to the occupants of Apartment 25. Inside was one of the men police suspect in the March 31 beating that left Stow with brain damage.

more at http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bryan-stow-arrest-20110523,0,5494774.story

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bryan Stow and his family. I hope for a full recovery for Bryan.

These types of cowardly criminal conducts are not exempt to baseball. It's brewing at football stadiums and other stadiums and arenas everywhere. These are not sport fans, they are psychos, that take advantage of the opportunities at these events, drinking heavily for entertainment purposes only. The so called "security", hired to do a job, do not do their job and I would even say are scared of these people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back