758 users online (111 members and 647 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,724

    CA - Marvin Norwood & Louis Sanchez for attack on Giants fan, Dodger Stadium, 2011

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402/...FudHNmYW5yZW0-

    LOS ANGELES – A savage beating by two men outside Dodgers Stadium has left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

    The beating after Thursday's season opener between the Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers left the victim in critical but stable condition.
    Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing. Investigators were also checking to see if any security cameras captured the attack, but Detective Larry Burcher said they had found "nothing of great value."


    I truly hope they catch these punks ASAP. What they did epitomizes poor sportsmanship and they should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Shame on them. There had to have been plenty of witnesses. Let's hope at least ONE of them did the right thing and wrote down the license plate of these pathetic losers.

    And may the victim make a full recovery soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110402/...FudHNmYW5yZW0-

    LOS ANGELES – A savage beating by two men outside Dodgers Stadium has left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

    The beating after Thursday's season opener between the Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers left the victim in critical but stable condition.
    Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing. Investigators were also checking to see if any security cameras captured the attack, but Detective Larry Burcher said they had found "nothing of great value."


    I truly hope they catch these punks ASAP. What they did epitomizes poor sportsmanship and they should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Shame on them. There had to have been plenty of witnesses. Let's hope at least ONE of them did the right thing and wrote down the license plate of these pathetic losers.

    And may the victim make a full recovery soon.
    I read about this in my morning paper. So sad, all because he wore a Giants uniform at Dodger Stadium. My mother used to worry about wearing a Cubs hat to a Mets game years ago, but this is for real and taking it too far!!! They think it may have been a gang attack.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,724
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    I read about this in my morning paper. So sad, all because he wore a Giants uniform at Dodger Stadium. My mother used to worry about wearing a Cubs hat to a Mets game years ago, but this is for real and taking it too far!!! They think it may have been a gang attack.
    That's just the thing! There are always going to be two teams playing a game and fans rooting for each team. Of course they're going to wear their fan garb - as well they should! What fun would it be if only the home-team fans went to games?

    It's the whole gangbanger thing that bothers me most, I think. I'm about at my wits end with what the little roaches do daily in their "hoods." But taking it to a friggin baseball game and behaving like they did is going too far. They don't belong in a place like that any more than Osama Bin Laden does!

    How long will it be before good parents who want to take their kids to a ball game are going to be too afraid because of little bully pi$$ants like this?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    530
    this is so pathetic, it's just sports and just a game. while it sounds like this was an unprovoked attack, it's also sad the man''s friends ran away like cowards. it would have been 3 against 2 then and maybe their friend wouldn't be in a coma now.

    if they didn't want to throw down, they could have got on the phone then and there and called 911 while threatening to call the cops in front of the attackers.

    people are disgusting sometimes. sports turn people into imbeciles.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,724
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    this is so pathetic, it's just sports and just a game. while it sounds like this was an unprovoked attack, it's also sad the man''s friends ran away like cowards. it would have been 3 against 2 then and maybe their friend wouldn't be in a coma now.

    if they didn't want to throw down, they could have got on the phone then and there and called 911 while threatening to call the cops in front of the attackers.

    people are disgusting sometimes. sports turn people into imbeciles.
    The way I see it, the guy's friends were trying to avoid a fight and, unfortunately, he didn't get away fast enough. Doesn't really matter, no one should have to run away from a bunch of stupid ****s at a baseball game.

    And no, sports don't turn people into imbeciles. The majority of sports lovers don't beat the living carp out of others for fun. Imbeciles are imbeciles, no matter where they are.

    IMHO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Senseless, awful violence.

    Prayers that this poor soul recovers somehow.

    In all honesty Philly used to get the rep for horrible things like this happeneing. Why anyone would beat up the Cowboy's unofficial mascot is beyond me. Pelting Santa with ice. The list goes on. Alcohol usually is the main factor.

    Again prayers for this poor person. Permanently injured over a team alliance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    The way I see it, the guy's friends were trying to avoid a fight and, unfortunately, he didn't get away fast enough. Doesn't really matter, no one should have to run away from a bunch of stupid ****s at a baseball game.

    And no, sports don't turn people into imbeciles. The majority of sports lovers don't beat the living carp out of others for fun. Imbeciles are imbeciles, no matter where they are.

    IMHO.
    The paper said the victim is a paramedic and father. They picked on him because he was the biggest guy.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    About ten years ago there was a series of incidents between fans of Nebraska and Colorado, usually at the games in Colorado. Fans who showed up in Boulder wearing Nebraska gear could often count on getting pushed, yelled at, etc. Some friends took their two year old kid with them to the game, he was wearing a cute toddler Nebraska outfit. After the game some drunk oaf was yelling in the poor kids face and a shoving match broke out when dad interved. There was an older couple from Omaha who had NO interest in sports who actually were refused service at places in Colorado because of their license plate.
    Thankfully saner heads prevailed and that period is a bad memory. A lot of it was being whipped up by some obnoxous sport talk show in Denver. It just goes to show that for a lot of people this stuff IS their life, and its deadly serious tom them.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,724
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    The paper said the victim is a paramedic and father. They picked on him because he was the biggest guy.
    Well, aren't they so effing cool for brutally beating the "biggest" guy?

    Idiots.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Violence has always been a problem at Dodger Stadium. If it wasn't a rivalry incident, it was a gang incident, or a theft incident. It's not unusual after a game to find your car gone or your tires gone and your car sitting on blocks. Someone eventually gets hurt or killed and security is beefed up for a bit then the cycle repeats itself a couple of years later. The area is scum. The problems have been well known for decades.

    From 2009 article-snips

    The Dodgers home opener against the San Francisco Giants was marred by violence Monday afternoon when a man was stabbed multiple times after getting into an argument with several men in a pickup truck, Los Angeles police said.
    *****
    About the same time, police received a report of a man with a gun in parking lot 4. Rayner said police later determined that the man had been vandalizing cars and was unarmed. He fled before officers arrived.
    *****
    Complaints about unruly fans at the ballpark continue, and the stadium has a history of problems that critics have blamed on lax security.
    *****
    In 2003, Marc Antenorcruz of West Covina was walking out of the stadium after a game when he got into an argument with a group of men that included Pete Marron. Marron was later convicted of shooting Antenorcruz to death.
    *****
    Later that year, a clash between private security guards and unlicensed vendors working near the stadium turned into a violent brawl after a game against the St. Louis Cardinals, leaving several men hospitalized with stab wounds.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...me-opener.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    San Francisco Giants Fan Beaten at Dodger Game May Have Brain Damage

    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...est=latestnews

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    San Francisco Giants Fan Beaten at Dodger Game May Have Brain Damage

    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...est=latestnews
    That poor man. All because he supported his team. Baseball is a family sport. (That's how I look at it anyway) Why in the world would two people beat this guy because he was in opposing gear? It makes me sick. I pray for him and his family.
    Just terribly sad.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,658
    Why are people such idiots? The attackers, I mean--so stupid!! It's a sporting event, a competition, two teams! That's what it's about. It's supposed to be fun.

    And weren't there others around, many others, who could have intervened?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Prayers for Bryan Stow and his family. That's a da*n shame something so horrific could happen to this poor guy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Posts
    7,544
    Unfortunately there is a high gang culture in LA..The highest followers being that of the Lakers and then the Dodgers! I think it the fault of the owners who just care for the $$ they bring in, especially in the buying of their T-shirts and stuff. A typical gang outfit at one of these games is a t-shirt worn down to their knees and their hats to the side or a bald head..with an attitude of indestrucibility on their shoulder. At the Dodger games they even play the hip-hop music during the innings..Don't tell me that's not attracting gang flys!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WA Misael Margarito Sanchez (16) - Snohomish WA, 2011
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 12:17 AM

Tags for this Thread