What was the smirk between CA & ICA at the hearing?

Capri

Reaction score
In watching the recording of the hearing, CA is giving testimony about the car and dryer sheets. At the 10:09 mark, toward the end of the video, CA gives a kind of smirk, and the camera then goes to ICA, who appears to smirk back. Considering, ICA and CA have had almost no eye contact in the courtroom, up until this point, is this significant? ICA appears to mouth something to CA as she is coming off the stand, also. Is there anything significant about CA's testimony, that caused ICA to acknowledge CA at this time?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/44/tlI1tkRz3Hw"]YouTube - Sierra1947's Channel[/ame]

(thanks Patti for the recording)

edited to add: 10:09 & 10:27

ICA was advised by JB that CA was going to lie for her, and that she better toss her mother a "doggie bone" treat for "good" behavior. JB's "expert" testified that rewarding behavior is how dogs are trained, and it insures future "good" behavior.

I watched the video in its entirety again, and all I can say is WOW! CA is lying, lying through those teeth of hers. I don't understand the blink, or thank you, other than ICA knew her mummy was lying for her and said "thank you so kindly".

IMHO the original depo speaks for itself. And I can't stand...can't stand...the "oh so stressfull time" when she's confronted with a lie. I just want to...oh never mind.

MOO

Mel

I watched the video in its entirety again, and all I can say is WOW! CA is lying, lying through those teeth of hers. I don't understand the blink, or thank you, other than ICA knew her mummy was lying for her and said "thank you so kindly".

IMHO the original depo speaks for itself. And I can't stand...can't stand...the "oh so stressfull time" when she's confronted with a lie. I just want to...oh never mind.

MOO

Mel

It looks to me like ICA mouthed "thank you" to CA also. ICA hasn't even made eye contact with her mother for a couple of years. Quite a change.

It looks to me like ICA mouthed "thank you" to CA also. ICA hasn't even made eye contact with her mother for a couple of years. Quite a change.

"Everyone lies" The World According to KC.

The 2 of them make me sick. The "thank you" from kc was her little way of saying "thanks for trying to cover my @ss mom and showing me that I did make the right decision killing caylee so I could be the center of your world again!" The sense of self entitlement is unbelievable with these 2. They can do what they want, when they want and never face any consequences. imo

"Thanks for lying and covering for me yet again Mom. You get a cookie, or rather actual eye contact from me for that."

no reason for the smirk.. he's bluffing and putting on a show for the cameras.
or he has gas... take your pick

First let me say that I despise CA and everything that she has tried to do to get ICA off. That being said, it looks to me like the look meant, "Sorry kid, but it's the truth" and ICA's look meant "I know". CA had just said it was the worst smell she had ever smelled up until that time.

CA earned herself a tiny pleasantry from her daughter ICA.

Interesting also is how ICA crosses something off her list after CA is almost back in her seat. Her mother has become a mere line item to ICA, crossed off long ago.

Upon being dismissed from the witness stand, Cindy mouthed, "I love you" to Casey.

Casey's response was, "Me too."

This being stated from those who were in the court room.

No love from me for CA and certainly not for ICA, but that "smirk' looked to me like a pressed together, lips turned in to me - to be one of regret and a "sort of "sorry", which ICA returned - like another poster said - a look of "I had to say what happened - what else could I do" kind of look. ICA returned that same look to her.

To me it didn't look to be a "loving mother/daughter moment". When you watch Cindy walking up to the stand to testify, she looks down and pressed her lips together in the same manner. Again not loving but regretful.

In watching the recording of the hearing, CA is giving testimony about the car and dryer sheets. At the 10:09 mark, toward the end of the video, CA gives a kind of smirk, and the camera then goes to ICA, who appears to smirk back. Considering, ICA and CA have had almost no eye contact in the courtroom, up until this point, is this significant? ICA appears to mouth something to CA as she is coming off the stand, also. Is there anything significant about CA's testimony, that caused ICA to acknowledge CA at this time?

YouTube - Sierra1947's Channel

(thanks Patti for the recording)

edited to add: 10:09 & 10:27

I would never describe that exchange as a smirk but maybe I am misunderstanding what a smirk is. For instance the look on Casey's face when she was handcuffed and wearing the blue hoodie. That's my idea of a smirk. This exchange between CA and ICA is something I myself and others have done many times as more of an indication of acknowledgment or sign of support and understanding.

I would never describe that exchange as a smirk but maybe I am misunderstanding what a smirk is. For instance the look on Casey's face when she was handcuffed and wearing the blue hoodie. That's my idea of a smirk. This exchange between CA and ICA is something I myself and others have done many times as more of an indication of acknowledgment or sign of support and understanding.

Are we talking about the same look - that pressed lips together, glancing towards ICA then glancing down?

Interesting - If I am acknowledging or supporting someone, I raise my eyebrows slightly, the corners of my lips turn up slightly and I give a very slight nod..so I think that pressed lip is something else.

I will do some research tomorrow if I have time to see if it can be identified.

Upon being dismissed from the witness stand, Cindy mouthed, "I love you" to Casey.

Thank you :blowkiss: That was driving me crazy. When I first saw it I couldn't figure out what Casey was saying because she lowers her head. Posters here were saying she said thank you and that made sense but after watching it again thank you just didn't look right to me. Then I read a post on HM site from someone who was in court and said Casey said me too.

That's what WFTV's reported too.

The 2 of them make me sick. The "thank you" from kc was her little way of saying "thanks for trying to cover my @ss mom and showing me that I did make the right decision killing caylee so I could be the center of your world again!" The sense of self entitlement is unbelievable with these 2. They can do what they want, when they want and never face any consequences. imo

WOW---WOW---U readin my thought? WOW

I think it is really comical that KC has totally ignored CA for all these YEARS (essentially KC has told CA and the entire world via her "cold shoulder" that she despises CA) but NOW suddenly KC "me toos" a profession of LUUVVV. Incongruence to say the least!

Here's a question about all this. CA reported in her deposition that she did not put dryer sheets in the car....why DID she lie about that in the deposition? Was the reason because she knows it was a wrong thing to do? Did she want it to seem that the dryer sheets were already in the car? Why?

Are we talking about the same look - that pressed lips together, glancing towards ICA then glancing down?

Interesting - If I am acknowledging or supporting someone, I raise my eyebrows slightly, the corners of my lips turn up slightly and I give a very slight nod..so I think that pressed lip is something else.

I will do some research tomorrow if I have time to see if it can be identified.

I'm sitting here making faces, thank you. Glad no one else is around :crazy: I do raise my eyebrows like you described with a forced like smile. That got me to thinking how many facial expressions we actually use when we cannot verbally communicate our thoughts or feelings. I watched the video you posted and watched the time indicator so yeah, I think it was the right one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back