1160 users online (202 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Reef Balls ~ you can sleep with the fishes forever

As if shooting a loved one's ashes into space or pressing them into artificial diamonds were not sufficiently offbeat, relatives of the deceased now can have their ashes mixed into concrete to help form ocean habitats.

A Georgia company has placed about 200 of the concrete cones, called "reef balls," in the ocean, mostly along the Gulf Coast. Last week, it interred cones filled with the ashes of several people about seven miles off the shore as part of the Great Egg Reef.

Don Brawley, an accomplished diver, came up with the idea of turning artificial reefs into memorials, and founded Eternal Reefs with George Frankel in 2001.

"Most states with reef programs buy artificial reefs," Frankel said. "We like to think that we're buying public reef balls with private money."

Burying a loved one's ashes in a reef ball can cost $1,000 to $5,000. Decatur, Ga.-based Eternal Reefs also has two models for pets, for $400 and $500.

Full Story

nahh!

I'd rather be a diamond
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Yeah, I would rather tell people that my husband was a diamond than a reef ball. Just sounds better!

LOL Some husbands are reef balls in life!! LOL I think I'd rather be a diamond or a firework!!

If a man was a crappy husband maybe he deserves to be underwater and beaten by mother nature for all of eternity

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMomma
    If a man was a crappy husband maybe he deserves to be underwater and beaten by mother nature for all of eternity
    That's true, but at least if he's a diamond, he would finally be doing something good for you. And you would always have the option of pawning him if you need some cash! hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    That's true, but at least if he's a diamond, he would finally be doing something good for you. And you would always have the option of pawning him if you need some cash! hee hee

Could you imagine buying someone's used husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    LOL

My with my luck the stupid man would be a dull, cloudy diamond for me, but twinkle like a star for someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)

I thought all second wives did this.....evil laugh....