Prosecution Motion filed to strike Lifetime from channels available for the Jury

Wagara

Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
Reaction score
I guess they think too many women are guilty of murder on Lifetime...

http://www.wftv.com/news/27426714/detail.html

ETA:
Prosecutors don't want the jurors to watch Lifetime or the Lifetime Movie Network, unless they can get a specific programming schedule for May, June and July.

I guess they think too many women are guilty of murder on Lifetime...

http://www.wftv.com/news/27426714/detail.html

ETA:
Prosecutors don't want the jurors to watch Lifetime or the Lifetime Movie Network, unless they can get a specific programming schedule for May, June and July.

HI Wagara
Your Thread Title says the DT wants Lifetime Banned from Jury BUT it's the Prosecution who filed the Motion objecting to Lifetime.

I am wrong. Maybe a mod will change the title. I have no excuse other than I saw a DT somewhere!

I wonder why either would care that much about Lifetime. There aren't any Casey films coming out soon are there?

On the other hand, they better ban CNN and HLN , but I assume they will.

I am wrong. Maybe a mod will change the title. I have no excuse other than I saw a DT somewhere!

No one is wrong. One article says the state doesn't want it, another says it's the defense. Is it both? :waitasec:

It wasn't Lifetime that ran the Casey Anthony scenario starring HIllary Duff, but they did just come out with a movie about the Knox case in Italy, so there's no telling what they will do, and I somewhat have to agree with the banning of that channel.

I believe one of the news articles claims it is the defense. So who knows! ~L~

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27426696/detail.html

WESH claims it's the defense....

http://www.wesh.com/r/27426696/detail.html

"Casey Attorneys Don't Like Judge's TV Choices...Defense Wants Two Networks Removed From Approved List"

:banghead:
WFTV says its the Prosecution
WESH says its the Defense

Maybe both sides filed a Motion objecting to Lifetime...

What about reading books?
Many people have E-readers/Tablets now..are those going to be banned as well?

It wasn't Lifetime that ran the Casey Anthony scenario starring HIllary Duff, but they did just come out with a movie about the Knox case in Italy, so there's no telling what they will do, and I somewhat have to agree with the banning of that channel.

bbm
I agree as well.

Wasn't there plans at one point for Lifetime to do a special about this case? :waitasec: I'm guessing that didn't turn out like CA and JB had planned, so a pox on all who watch Lifetime! :Banane18: They shall go the way of the Oprah show, who CA couldn't work into her busy schedule. They shall block Lifetime, OWN, all local news reports, and any channel that shows ANY of the Law & Order series, and only show defense friendly channels, such as HLN and . . uh. . .well. . .HLN it is!

:laughcry:

I wonder why either would care that much about Lifetime. There aren't any Casey films coming out soon are there?

On the other hand, they better ban CNN and HLN , but I assume they will.

BBM: I hope not !

I watch the Lifetime Movie Network regularly and have for many years. I know ... I know ... but I do like a lot of their movies ...

Not to be off-topic -- but recently there was a big "squabble" about the "Amanda Knox" Movie that was made by Lifetime -- very highly publicized trial ... the defendant Amanda found guilty ... Many said the movie was "anti-Amanda".

Could this be a possibility ?

No one is wrong. One article says the state doesn't want it, another says it's the defense. Is it both? :waitasec:

I think that both sides are going to want the jury's viewing of any television to be strictly monitored. The DT because they won't want the jury seeing shows where young women are portrayed as conniving villians, and the SAO because the DT may have recorded blurbs professing KC's innocence and how the LE have wrongly charged her playing over and over again. Even if there aren't any movies airing, there will be plenty of stations that will play the clips of JB, CA, GA, and the others making outlandish claims. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back