Joyce Meyer to testify via recordings ***POLL ADDED***

Should Joyce Meyer be required to testify in person?

• No, I trust the judge's reasons

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Yes, she should testify in person just like anyone else

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCup

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing what JM had to say in her depo.

Snipped
After leaving the courtroom, Meyer said, “I was asked to testify by the state's attorney which I just did. I answered the questions honestly and truthfully. I have cooperated all along the way. They have requested I not discuss this case any further because it's an ongoing case.”

From Ccup's link above:

"Meyer was giving her testimony early because she had made plans to be out of the region during the trial. Why was she being shown such deference? Normally, if a potential witness said she could not attend the trial because she had made other plans, the judge would say, "Change them."

This really annoys me that she is receiving preferential treatment.

Blondie~ it really aggravates me too!

From Ccup's link above:

"Meyer was giving her testimony early because she had made plans to be out of the region during the trial. Why was she being shown such deference? Normally, if a potential witness said she could not attend the trial because she had made other plans, the judge would say, "Change them."

This really annoys me that she is receiving preferential treatment.

CCup Blondie~ it really aggravates me too!

Why does it annoy you so much?

It bothers me that she is getting special treatment. If it were you or I being subpeonaed to testify in a murder trial, we would be told to reschedule our plans.

I'm sorry, but if she can show up for her flock every day, she can certainly show up for Sheri and the little boys. BOO on her!

It bothers me that she is getting special treatment. If it were you or I being subpeonaed to testify in a murder trial, we would be told to reschedule our plans.

If you or I were CEOs of any large corporation we would be able to testify with calendar considerations taken.

If you or I were CEOs of any large corporation we would be able to testify with calendar considerations taken.

I guarantee you she has more flexibility in her job than a "peon" like you or I! Given that she handed Chris $10,000 the day after he murdered his family, I think it would have been a nice (and wise) gesture to pretend like she cared enough about Sheri and the boys to testify in person.

People give testimonies early a lot of times for several reasons. She gave her testimony.

I don't get what the big deal is really.

So is the bitterness because she's a televangelist, or that she's not all knowing? Has there been even an inkling that Coleman told Meyer's about anything, or that she knew about the affair?

Hi Charlie,

AFAIK Chris did not overtly tell JM herself about the affair. There has been much speculation about JMM's position re: divorced employees and how that possible policy may have possibly played a role in this case.

But setting that policy issue aside, many people had questions about the fact that some of the threat messages were typed on CC's work computer by someone who used his password. After he reported the threats to his employer, I guess the question has been why JMM did not do more internal security checking about these threats.

Did JM know about the affair? There are pictures of Chris and Tara at JMM events away from St. Louis--one I recall in particular showed the two standing near a table where JM herself was doing signings. Does that mean JM knew about the affair? No.

IMO the bitterness isn't simply because JM is a televangelist. I think it is happening because there is a perceived disconnect between the values she espouses, and her actions in dealing with the crisis that Chris brought into her house. Initially she offered him support, and then when he became a suspect, she backed away fully, failed to show support for Sheri and the boys (and Sheri was one of her flock), and went into what appeared to be a defensive posture about internal matters.

Hi Charlie,

AFAIK Chris did not overtly tell JM herself about the affair. There has been much speculation about JMM's position re: divorced employees and how that possible policy may have possibly played a role in this case.

But setting that policy issue aside, many people had questions about the fact that some of the threat messages were typed on CC's work computer by someone who used his password. After he reported the threats to his employer, I guess the question has been why JMM did not do more internal security checking about these threats.

Did JM know about the affair? There are pictures of Chris and Tara at JMM events away from St. Louis--one I recall in particular showed the two standing near a table where JM herself was doing signings. Does that mean JM knew about the affair? No.

IMO the bitterness isn't simply because JM is a televangelist. I think it is happening because there is a perceived disconnect between the values she espouses, and her actions in dealing with the crisis that Chris brought into her house. Initially she offered him support, and then when he became a suspect, she backed away fully, failed to show support for Sheri and the boys (and Sheri was one of her flock), and went into what appeared to be a defensive posture about internal matters.

Thanks for the answers - how would one like Joyce Meyers to show support for Sheri and the boys after the fact?

Thanks for the answers - how would one like Joyce Meyers to show support for Sheri and the boys after the fact?

Now that is a fine and refining question.

I can speak only for myself here. For me, an offer to Sheri's parents to fund new headstones (if they wish) or to help with a memorial for the three would be a good gesture.

:cow:

Now that is a fine and refining question.

I can speak only for myself here. For me, an offer to Sheri's parents to fund new headstones (if they wish) or to help with a memorial for the three would be a good gesture.

:cow:

I'm assuming it's a known fact that she a. knows about the need and b. has nothing about it?

I assume neither. She can't be unaware of the details of this case. As for what she might do in the future, who's to say?

In the big picture, I guess JM's testimony is not going to be terribly central to the case, whether it were in person or via recorded depo... IMO whatever her testimony and however she appears during the trial, it will not impeach or undo the very real evidence against Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni