1426 users online (318 members and 1108 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Media coverage of Anthony trial: 500-plus seek credentials

More than 500 print, online and television representatives have applied for media credentials to gain access to the much-anticipated Casey Anthony trial, according to court administration officials for the 9th Judicial Circuit.

A list released Monday to a media committee making recommendations on courtroom coverage logistics reads like a who's who of media: "Good Morning America," CNN's Anderson Cooper and HLN's Nancy Grace shows, in addition to Jane Velez-Mitchell, "Dateline NBC," "Inside Edition," "The Today Show" and Newsweek and People magazines.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,945179.story

The circus has arrived....

Yeah, the big "stars" are chomping at the bit. Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace....wonder if Geraldo will be there? Shep Smith?

George Stephanopolous? Would he come?? Woot!!!

I wonder if there are a lot of media outlets looking to cover the trial who didn't cover the events from July 2008-April 2011, or at least not as extensively as NG? Does anyone who followed the Peterson trial remember if there was a big increase in media when Scott went to trial? Also, does 500 media representatives mean 500 separate media outlets or does each media outlet have multiple media representatives, like producers, reporters, cameramen, etc who would need credentials to be in the courtroom?

Also, is the trial going to be shown live on TV?
    Last edited by eileenhawkeye; 04-05-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    The circus has arrived....
    If we miss something, we can just flip the channel.

KC, JB & CM's heads are going to explode after reading this. KC & JB already think they are the bomb now. This kind of irritates the crap out of me. I mean really, is this necessary??

Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

Let me tell you...that area near the courthouse is going to be a freaking zoo. When the infamous Florida RECOUNT happened in 2000...the entire area near the courthouse in Tallahassee was a zoo for 6 weeks.

The ENTIRE area was a ZOO....... Even those with legitimate business in the area had problems getting through because of the media trucks. Then after hours....the area was packed with "rubberneckers" hoping to see a media personality.

I think this is ironic: The FAMU School of Law, Central Florida News 13, and Morgan and Morgan Law Offices are all on the same street as the County Courthouse. The Federal Courthouse and State of Florida offices are also in the vicinity.
    There is Good Grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.

I think this is ironic: The FAMU School of Law, Central Florida News 13, and Morgan and Morgan Law Offices are all on the same street as the County Courthouse. The Federal Courthouse and State of Florida offices are also in the vicinity.
    There is Good Grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.

I answered the question I asked above so I'll post the answer incase anyone else was wondering.

My question was: Does 500 media representatives mean 500 media outlets or does each media outlet send multiple representatives?

And the answer I found was that every editor, photographer, reporter, journalist, cameraperson, etc covering a media event must apply for credentials, so 500 media representatives doesn't equal 500 media outlets, but it basically equals 500 reporters, journalists, editors, photographers, camera operators from X amount of media outlets.

Also, is any national news channel planning on covering the trial live?

I've seen it all. Murt Witness One applied????

How will he afford the parking fees???

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post

Oh Good Lord.

Does this mean whoever gets them, will learn of the location of the jury before the public does?

My barf bag is working overtime today. I would answer, but I better not....but if I did, it would have the words paypal and blue hair ladies in it. JMHO, etc

Amil -----------> we need you to go fill out a media application! be, amiltv.com!
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 04-05-2011 at 04:36 PM.

I must admit, I would love to see CA face right now as she banned him from the memorial and now might have to sit next to him at trial!

Sorry, had find a way to laugh!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast