VT - Convicted child abuser back behind bars

"beat the 11-year-old girl with a hammer, a shovel and logs, cut her with a knife, burned her with a curling iron, and used pliers to pull out her teeth."

I"m soo glad she violated probation and is behind bars...

Dear Lord this lady was worse than Sybil's mother.

The little girl did escape at one point and this is how the evidence of the brutality was found. This poor kid was adopted by this sadistic loop.

Oh and she had been to a Doctor three times? What? Nobody noticed any of these injuries? Now the lady gets locked up for not wearing her da*n GPS bracelet?

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/04/laurie_davenport_boiled_beat_s.php

Prayers for this poor child. May she someday realize not everyone in this world is as sadistic and evil as Laurie Davenport. Poor kid was probably glad when the woman went to work and locked her in.

Am I to understand that this poor adopted child was returned to this woman after her first child cruelty conviction? How in the world is that possible?:banghead:

There is a woman at my last link who claims her sister raised this little girl from birth until she was seven years old. That would be the little girls grandmom. Her mother than lost the child to CPS.

Enter Ms. Davenport who has two aliases as far as I could see.

How she was able to return to "raising" this little girl after serving a measely few months is beyond comprehension. How is it possible? Who the he*l knows, but no doubt somebody is going to find out. Alot of good that will do the poor little girl now.

May she find peace and some way to heal from this awful hand she got dealt. Prayers for her grandmom as well. She must be devastated.

I have to admit that I'm not understanding this woman's relationship to the child. Can someone help me out. I read all the links and am still confused. If DHS returned a child to a birth or adoptive parent AFTER that parent had been found guilty of abuse, I'm appalled. I'm seeing this more and more, however, with legislators slashing child protections funding. The programs that used to be in place for children's safety, in the event they did return home, are all but gone or cut to the quick. Foster care, residential treatment, kinship care, and specialized adoptive placements cost far more than simply returning a child. A judge ultimately makes the decision as to what is in the child's best interest and I'm having the hardest time believing a judge would have returned a child to a woman who was locking her up for hours at a time--no matter what the legal status of the parent was. Even when the child is returned home to a parent who has "rehabilitated", the case stays open for some time and reports must be made to the judge. We simply cannot save money on the backs of vulnerable children.

Can someone help me to understand this situation a bit better?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back