1125 users online (230 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

Woman Killed by Gator in Ft. Myers Fl

Woman killed by gator

20-year-old was found in south Fort Myers lake

By MIKE HOYEM
    mhoyem@news-press
    Published by news-press.com on September 27, 2004

A 20-year-old Georgia woman who apparently went swimming early Sunday morning in a south Fort Myers lake was killed by an alligator.

Michelle Reeves, of Roswell, was found floating face-down in a lake near the Cypress Cove development at Lee Memorial HealthPark.

The college student's right arm was bitten off at the elbow and there were other indications she was attacked by a gator, Lee County Sheriff's spokeswoman Ileana LiMarzi said

http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...409270410/1075

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Yikes Poco... stick to your pool!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Yikes Poco... stick to your pool!!!!!!
    YEAH! And keep that cool cat indoors! (looks like it would be tough to get him off the sofa, anyway).

Yakwoman
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

With all of the storms in Florida wouldn't the reptiles be places they might not otherwise be? Were there always gators in this area?

Yes DP...Fort Myers has always had a gator population. My ex-MIL and FIL used to find them in their backyard quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by nixmom
    Yes DP...Fort Myers has always had a gator population. My ex-MIL and FIL used to find them in their backyard quite often.

I'm sorry to say this, but WHY would this girl go swimming in that lake? Was she drinking or something? Its just crazy sounding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm sorry to say this, but WHY would this girl go swimming in that lake? Was she drinking or something? Its just crazy sounding to me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol was involved. It's not a good idea to go swimming anywhere in the wee hours of the morning...gators or no gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    With all of the storms in Florida wouldn't the reptiles be places they might not otherwise be? Were there always gators in this area?
    I was thinking that as my sweety & I waded through flood water walking to his mom's house in Hobe Sound, FL. We know there is a 5' gator that lives in the pond near the 8th green and that pond became one with the water that was in the streets.

Seems to me that the gator might think, "Woo hoo, bigger pond!" I know the fishes did as there were a couple of small ones swimming down the sidewalk.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!