Could ICA walk??

Wow, scary thought but I'd believe it would be for those who have not waived their right to a speedy trial, which ICA did...

Once this trial gets under way, with all the media being set up, I think lots of money will be made but not for the courts...how can we get this critical that money woes would free those who shouldn't be free...can you imagine all the murders, rapists, that would soak up the community...NO...hoping this is just a bunch of nonsense and that money gets funded to the courts...

I bet if those ex-inmates would pay up on their fines, the courts would be just fine...JMHO

Justice for Caylee shouldn't be delayed due to this funding....she must get justice...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Well, I think we have all seen our justice system fail at points...and i think all of would rather see a guilty man/woman walk than an innocent one incarcerated.

And I don't think ICA will be one of those lost...I am thinking more of the misdemeanors...or cases with public defenders..

And hey if this girl walks...i don't think she will be walking long...before 1) Some one else deals with her 2) she does something else worthy of arrest. I just don't see her being able to function in society...

Perry told WESH 2 that the courts are 90 percent funded by mortgage foreclosure filings, and in the past few months, the banks stopped filing because of problems with the process. The statewide court system is now facing a $68 million shortfall.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Is it just me or is it a bit ridiculous that the court fundings are 90% reliant on mortgage foreclosure filings in the great State of Florida? Is it feasible that it's always been that way or just the recent few years that mortgage's have been a burdened issue in our country? IMO, it is a pathetic way to run a business. The courts operational funding should not be dependent on whether or there are mortgage foreclosures taking place. Good grief, if that's the case, where's all the taxpayer's money that is supposedly appropriated that everyone is always talking about? Something doesn't smell right with this.

Perry told WESH 2 that the courts are 90 percent funded by mortgage foreclosure filings, and in the past few months, the banks stopped filing because of problems with the process. The statewide court system is now facing a $68 million shortfall.

Is it just me or is it a bit ridiculous that the court fundings are 90% reliant on mortgage foreclosure filings in the great State of Florida? Is it feasible that it's always been that way or just the recent few years that mortgage's have been a burdened issue in our country? IMO, it is a pathetic way to run a business. The courts operational funding should not be dependent on whether or there are mortgage foreclosures taking place. Good grief, if that's the case, where's all the taxpayer's money that is supposedly appropriated that everyone is always talking about? Something doesn't smell right with this.

Yes, she could walk...not necessarily for this, but this is not a done deal. :(

I honestly don't know, but what came to my mind while reading this is how much money we have sent over seas to help other Countries. IMO, we should take care of ours first. NOT ONE DIME should go over seas when our own Country is in need. There is NO excuse for ONE SINGLE court to be in the red. If we have it to dish out, then we should be able to take care of what is ours! :banghead:

I have to believe those released would be those accused of lesser crimes - drug arrests, DUI, theft - she might have gotton off on the stolen check charges.
What the he77 is wrong with the governor - sign off on the darn loan the state legislature approved! Does he really think closing the courts is good for the state in any way?
Well, I thought the article said it would close for a few days this month and 10 days in May - not like it's closing down completely.

hoping, anyway...

"I've never seen anything as grave as this," said. Perry.

People are not going to work for nothing. If there's no money coming in, then there will be no pay checks, right?

This just makes want to :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have to believe those released would be those accused of lesser crimes - drug arrests, DUI, theft - she might have gotton off on the stolen check charges.
What the he77 is wrong with the governor - sign off on the darn loan the state legislature approved! Does he really think closing the courts is good for the state in any way?
Well, I thought the article said it would close for a few days this month and 10 days in May - not like it's closing down completely.hoping, anyway...

BBM - No, not like it's closing down completely. I don't think that was ever said but, her right to a speedy trial may end up impeded somehow just due to the delays and "could" allow her to walk and affect other offenders the same way. I believe that is what they are trying to say from I get out of it. Somehow, I don't believe that will happen but just the mere fact that it has come to this greatly concerns me regarding the way the Florida courts are run.

I remember a time in the golden state of CA when the governor held back paychecks for at least one week for state employees...it was a mess.

Shutting down for any time in May could cause issues for this trial but we will see..

I am sure that what ever happens the DT will whine and try to use it to further their cause.

I think it far more likely ICA walks to the gas chamber, then it is that she will ever walk on the street again.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

First, Judge Perry is awesome!!! :)

Next, ICA walk???

Well, I live in PA and can't drive far. However, I would be more than happy to take a bus and camp out on Suburban Drive until justice is served for Caylee.

I guess it's too late to write to the governer? Or maybe we can send him an email?

I think it far more likely ICA walks to the gas chamber, then it is that she will ever walk on the street again.

Agree and if *I* (and I never would be!) ICA, *I* would want to stay in jail as walking out could be more dangerous than jail, trial, appeals and the ultimate. JMHO but after what we saw on the stalker cam, I think she better stay put!

I honestly don't know, but what came to my mind while reading this is how much money we have sent over seas to help other Countries. IMO, we should take care of ours first. NOT ONE DIME should go over seas when our own Country is in need. There is NO excuse for ONE SINGLE court to be in the red. If we have it to dish out, then we should be able to take care of what is ours! :banghead:

Well said!!! :) I believe in helping other countries, HOWEVER, our very own are going without so we can NOT afford it!

Budget cuts? Less snackies available in the commissary!!

READ: Court Memo
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27441922/detail.html

Perry said 306 court workers in Orange and Osceola counties will be off the job, unless Scott gives the courts emergency funding.

"Justice delayed is justice denied," said CourtWatch Executive Director Laura Williams. Williams said she worries what the closure could do to an already backlogged system.

Williams said if due process deadlines are missed, "Defendants will absolutely go free."

"I think it's tragic our financial woes in the state are impacting public safety this way," Williams said.

The memo said that local courts are hoping to hear by Friday afternoon if the closures will be needed.

Let's hope the Governor appoves that loan...or due process rights might set some free....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

But this isn't a federal issue is it? Maybe Florida should charge income taxes like most states do. IMO it has to impact their budget that there is no state income tax.

As a Floridian, this upsets me so much. The priorities of our Government here in Florida are so messed up! It's no secret that DCF is a complete waste of money because they fail so many children. It's no secret that Florida has been an ideal location for criminals because we are one of the gateway states (drugs, guns, etc...).

I think some of the people higher up in the Government that do nothing but try and make life harder for the working people (judges, corrections officers, law enforcement, etc...) need to take pay cuts! There is no reason this should be happening! I am willing to fire everyone and start over... yes, it is getting that bad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back