Barking at a police dog will get you arrested.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20051029-504083.html

...Allegedly, Stephens - the "animal impersonator" - was making barking noises and hissing at the real thing.

Walker reported that when he asked the barking Mr. Stephens why he was harassing the canine, he said "the dog started it." The officer also said Stephens appeared highly intoxicated (which is actually reassuring in this case)....

LOL!! Technically, they DO start it! Every time I have ever been anywhere near a police dog in a car, they've started barking their heads off at me!

I love them to death, especially since most are GSD and that's my favorite breed. But really.. they start it!

Too funny! I heard this on the radio on my way in this morning. My nephew lives in Mason and when I heard the city I was hoping it wasn't him! Might be one of his friends tho:)

Too funny! I heard this on the radio on my way in this morning. My nephew lives in Mason and when I heard the city I was hoping it wasn't him! Might be one of his friends tho:)

Would you say your nephew's bark is worse than his bite?

LOL!! Technically, they DO start it! Every time I have ever been anywhere near a police dog in a car, they've started barking their heads off at me!

I love them to death, especially since most are GSD and that's my favorite breed. But really.. they start it!

What do you carry in your purse?

Steely I was looking at something else and found this article that mentions the dog incident for ya. It has some good points.

Police said Ryan Stephens, 25, was taunting a police dog in the back of a cruiser with "barking noises" and "hissing." When asked to stop, Stevens, described as drunk at the time, allegedly said, "The dog started it."

Stevens was ordered to appear in court on charges of teasing the dog, The Cincinnati Inquirer reported.

The legal precedent? Look for one if Stephens argues in court he was verbally harassed by a canine police officer and just extending his rights of free speech to include barking and hissing.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/04...r-elsewhere/UPI-58221302418800/#ixzz1KOdfaYUT

Anyone who barks like a dog, at a dog, especially a police dog, is not long for this world.

Steely I was looking at something else and found this article that mentions the dog incident for ya. It has some good points.

From your article;

...The legal precedent? Look for one if Stephens argues in court he was verbally harassed by a canine police officer and just extending his rights of free speech to include barking and hissing....

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/04...r-elsewhere/UPI-58221302418800/#ixzz1KPJ314za

I'd love to see that make it all the way up to the Supreme Court. :floorlaugh:

From your article;

...The legal precedent? Look for one if Stephens argues in court he was verbally harassed by a canine police officer and just extending his rights of free speech to include barking and hissing....

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/04...r-elsewhere/UPI-58221302418800/#ixzz1KPJ314za

I'd love to see that make it all the way up to the Supreme Court. :floorlaugh:

LOL the rebel in me says me too.

I love the dogs and what they do. And I understand that fellow officers are rightly protective of them because if upset they don't work well, and they could become dangerous.

But come on! He was trying to communicate with the dog.

LOL the rebel in me says me too.

I love the dogs and what they do. And I understand that fellow officers are rightly protective of them because if upset they don't work well, and they could become dangerous.

But come on! He was trying to communicate with the dog.

I wonder what the dog would say on the stand. I guess the first thing the lawyers would have to do is tell him to "speak". :crazy:

I wonder what the dog would say on the stand. I guess the first thing the lawyers would have to do is tell him to "speak". :crazy:

LOL the dog is an officer of the law. The defense attorney probably shouldn't speak to it. After all they are on opposing sides and the dog has been trained to kill.

"Objection, your Honor, the Defense is attempting to muzzle the witness."

IMO, this guy is lucky he's not barking in a higher octave.....just sayin!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back