Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    They are not always offered though, like with new homes. I'm just saying that could be why they didn't have it. I think they could have used their insurance to cover some of the expenses though, such as the leaking roof.
    Its possible they weren't covered for some reason. I live on the coastal NC. We have to have special wind coverage due to hurricanes. Reg home owners does not cover any wind damage. NC insurance regs are really crazy. Depending on the cause of the damage, insurance may not have been an option.

Kelly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by filesman View Post
    I was referring to the phone call to Brad during his lunch on Friday July 11th. (or did I hear wrong?)
    Nancy called the witness that day about his exam.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
    well maybe he will get off and like Mary Winkler get the kid's back ...marry Heather and live happily ever after

...marry Heather and hopefully not kill anyone ever after.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MountE For This Useful Post:

If H Matour is on the witness list, she's shaking in her shoes, IMO.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha21 View Post
    Well I think there is not something like "killed in a rage" I don't know what it is called in the US. If you kill someone you killed. You decided to kill.
    Ooh, I see. Yes, there are MANY different levels of murder. 1st degree (with this you could be eligible for death penalty. BC is being tried for 1st degree, but no death penalty), 2nd degree, and then "manslaughter" (which has different degrees as well I think).

For the "killed in a rage" we call it "heat of passion" which can be less of a charge because there is no premeditation. But premeditation can also be for 1 minute (like you didn't stop your attack before death).

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkstef View Post
    there is a new Court reporter there today

The first one -- poor thing. Probably died of boredom from Cummings or became deaf from kurtz's whining.
    Last edited by borndem; 04-07-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Add poor

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momof7 View Post
    Its possible they weren't covered for some reason. I live on the coastal NC. We have to have special wind coverage due to hurricanes. Reg home owners does not cover any wind damage. NC insurance regs are really crazy. Depending on the cause of the damage, insurance may not have been an option.

Kelly
    Maybe, but all of this is way O/T since it has nothing to do with the case so let's just let it go. I don't want to tie up the board with this, in other words.

The State spends waaaaaay too much time with every witness, IMO. I don't understand why they can't just discuss key highlights of the case with the witness.

Some stranger recognizes NC from a NC State photo and volunteers info on her husband?

I don't believe that for a second. It goes to those who claim NC liked to tell a lot of stories.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Is anyone getting video? I'm not and need info!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Is anyone getting video? I'm not and need info!
    I am getting video.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:

Landline conversations with Nancys parents stopped. They went to cell phones.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNative View Post
    Some stranger recognizes NC from a NC State photo and volunteers info on her husband?

I don't believe that for a second. It goes to those who claim NC liked to tell a lot of stories.
    What? Please explain. Can't hear video.

Ooh, I see. Yes, there are MANY different levels of murder. 1st degree (with this you could be eligible for death penalty. BC is being tried for 1st degree, but no death penalty), 2nd degree, and then "manslaughter" (which has different degrees as well I think).

For the "killed in a rage" we call it "heat of passion" which can be less of a charge because there is no premeditation. But premeditation can also be for 1 minute (like you didn't stop your attack before death).
    Many thanks, I did not this!

Is it bad that I look at the live feed and when I see it is Cummings I think to myself "Well this will be a big hairy waste of time I may as well go get some work done."?

ETA: Not meaning as a dig at Mr. Rentz I think he is doing a fine job.
    Last edited by SleuthinNC; 04-07-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added comments

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinNC For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Mr. Rentz testimony will bring something more than "bad marriage" stuff. We had enough of it. Unfortunately so far nothing new.

Makes me wonder why it wasn't in any of her friends' affidavits or in their testimony.

ETA (or the exterminator or realtor's...)
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

26. The Following User Says Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

What? Please explain. Can't hear video.
    NC's father just testified that NC called him and said a stranger approached her in Harris Teeter. The stranger told NC she recognized her face from a photo published in a NC state newsletter. The stranger then told NC "I hear you're divorcing Brad. If you need evidence in the divorce let me know".

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSleuth View Post
    Hopefully Mr. Rentz testimony will bring something more than "bad marriage" stuff. We had enough of it. Unfortunately so far nothing new.
    Welcome, AS!
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Ah ha, Nancy didn't have an SS #, couldn't open her own bank account.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

NC's father just testified that NC called him and said a stranger approached her in Harris Teeter. The stranger told NC she recognized her face from a photo published in a NC state newsletter. The stranger then told NC "I hear you're divorcing Brad. If you need evidence in the divorce let me know".
    Yet that person has NEVER come forward after her murder. I don't buy it for 1 second.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Maybe it was the websleuther who also knew everything about the 4:20 am tide with bleach and LTF info.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Ah ha, Nancy didn't have an SS #, couldn't open her own bank account.
    Wonder why she didn't have a SS#. You can get one w/out having the ability to work (there is a statement on the card stating such).

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

It's these gaps in time during testimony where Cummings fails IMO.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Wonder why she didn't have a SS#. You can get one w/out having the ability to work (there is a statement on the card stating such).
    Don't you have to be a citizen for that though?

42. The Following User Says Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast