Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Is Alice Stubbs behind Mr. Rentz?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha21 View Post
    Good Day. I was lurking for some time, following this case from Europe. This is only because my hubby is working for Cisco.

I have to say, I really do like the judge, he appears to be very wise.

I kind of miss the user nscu95 (I believe that is the name); because I am also on the fence. I do believe Brad did it but I would need more to be sure the right guy is in prison.

Kurtz might have a voice that is really annoying but at the same time I think he knows his stuff.

Hopefully I did not annoy anyone on this board all this is just my opinion and please consider my English is not very goodl
    Might I say, your English is excellent!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Welcome to the site! I'm with you - on the fence, assume he probably did it, but need to see more.
    Many thanks. For a moment I really thought I was in the "cast out" section.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bertha21 For This Useful Post:

OFT - 7.4 Earthquake rock Japan...sunami warning
    Last edited by Tipstaff; 04-07-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: measure changed to 7.4

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha21 View Post
    Good Day. I was lurking for some time, following this case from Europe. This is only because my hubby is working for Cisco.

I have to say, I really do like the judge, he appears to be very wise.

I kind of miss the user nscu95 (I believe that is the name); because I am also on the fence. I do believe Brad did it but I would need more to be sure the right guy is in prison.

Kurtz might have a voice that is really annoying but at the same time I think he knows his stuff.

Hopefully I did not annoy anyone on this board all this is just my opinion and please consider my English is not very goodl
    Welcome, Bertha! I fully understand you wanting to lurk. Fence sitters who post have had to develop somewhat of a thick skin here, IMO. Thanks for your first post, and I hope we see more from you!
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Might I say, your English is excellent!
    If you would only know how often I use google to translate!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bertha21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
    How can Brad Cooper have rights? American rights ...he is Canadian
    Foreign citizens in the US have many of the same rights as Americans do.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsWendy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Oh noo.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    My goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by gbay View Post
    ....or that he was so private that nobody knew what he was up to!! I am thankful that Nancy did talk...at least she left a trail.
    He seemed social enough, went to lunch with co-workers, played tennis with friends, went to neighborhood barbecues. He even watched the kids while his wife drank and socialized with her friends. It all seems normal to me.

And remember, she didn't start trashing him until learning of the affair and then that was all she did constantly. Making him look bad would certainly help her in the divorce/custody. But no one, not even her friends saw him mistreat her ever. Yes, there is a witness that heard them arguing, but couples argue all the time and even Krista said Nancy turned into a monster at times.

Even the money stuff, we are learning more. He gave her $700 for her week vacation and she blew it all the first day but let her parents think she wasn't given any cash for the trip.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

Best I can tell, if WS was the jury, there may be a 8-4 vote for guilty at this point.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

So you guys have the opp. to understand something about this preceding that may (or may not) give you a little legal insight.

The NC Supreme Court is backlogged into oblivion. Appeals take YEARS to get heard and sometimes rightfully so.

They are very particular about not "re-trying" cases. In that regard, if you read some of their opinions they are hyper-critical of the way defense attorneys raise issues in the appeals that were not raised in the trial.

The objections you hear argued out, then softly replayed throughout and overruled throughout testimony is actually to raise those issues on the record. It minimizes the need for sidebar discussion, etc. believe it or not and preserves the defendants rights while allowing the trial to continue.

Not trying to be a smarty about it, just didn't know if some of you guys knew that was one of the things that Kurtz and Trenkle are doing.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my husband doesn't sit at lunch and talk about me and the kids. That doesn't make him a bad husband.

I think we are learning that BC was a private person about his personal life. Lots of people are like that. There is nothing wrong with it.

I think it shows integrity that he did not trash his wife, even in the midst of a divorce.
    Integrity but he had 'other relationships'?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my husband doesn't sit at lunch and talk about me and the kids. That doesn't make him a bad husband.

I think we are learning that BC was a private person about his personal life. Lots of people are like that. There is nothing wrong with it.

I think it shows integrity that he did not trash his wife, even in the midst of a divorce.
    No, when you're sleeping with her best friend behind her back, taking off your wedding ring when in another country to chat up another woman, and standing screaming at her in a public place in front of the children to the point they are screaming and crying, that just about says it all, doesn't it?

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast