Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    It's these gaps in time during testimony where Cummings fails IMO.
    I just had a buffering moment. What is happening??
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

It's these gaps in time during testimony where Cummings fails IMO.
    They're not just gaps they're GAPS. I've never seen such a thing. Makes him look very disorganized. Is this how he is in all trials?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    NOTHING. Silence. Now Cummings is showing him some type of document I think.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Wonder why she didn't have a SS#. You can get one w/out having the ability to work (there is a statement on the card stating such).
    Correct. NC was not able to legally work in the US, but she could have opened a bank account without an issue.

Maybe NC, in her chatter, liked to make her situation seem as desperate as possible.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    LOL, it's not buffering, they just aren't saying anything.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinNC For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuaVMjheNk[/ame]
    Reminds me of parts of this trial...

Don't you have to be a citizen for that though?
    No, you do not need to be a citizen or have work authorization to have a bank account. And to easily show that, the home in Lochmere was in both Brad AND Nancy's name. It's in the records on wakegov.com

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Wonder why she didn't have a SS#. You can get one w/out having the ability to work (there is a statement on the card stating such).
    I don't know, but I do know since 9/11 it is a requirement to open a bank account. We tried to open a new one at a bank that we had been using for years and they would not let it be opened without seeing the actual card.

She was not a US citizen, and did not have a green card. Maybe she was unable to get a SS card on that basis?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyberPro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNative View Post
    No, you do not need to be a citizen or have work authorization to have a bank account. And to easily show that, the home in Lochmere was in both Brad AND Nancy's name. It's in the records on wakegov.com
    I meant to get a SS card.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
    I don't know, but I do know since 9/11 it is a requirement to open a bank account. We tried to open a new one at a bank that we had been using for years and they would not let it be opened without seeing the actual card.

She was not a us citizen, and did not have a green card. Maybe she was unable to get a SS card on that basis?
    I'm positive you can get a SS# as long as you are here legally. I had a friend do it. He was Israeli and married a US citizen, so he was here legally, but didn't have a green card (it takes a long time). Within the first couple of weeks, he went and got a SS# (I went with him to the SSA). There was a bold statement on the card stating he was not legally allowed to work.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Please tell me the point of the painting receipt and 10 minute discussion of it?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

I meant to get a SS card.
    You get a number (I thought it was still called SS, but I could be wrong) which is used for paying your US taxes, bank accounts, loans, etc. However, it is not a number which is valid for work in the US. On the number document, the lack of work authorization is stamped all over it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Cummings is getting testimony from Dad that will be mentioned in the depo to show contradictions in BC's depo to what Dad says happened. We will hear about The Bear again....

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Lunchtime buffering is pretty bad today for me.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Am I the only one who thinks NC's father is a poor witness for the prosecution? So far it seems he has only established that NC liked to tell him a lot of stories, and her dad believed the stories.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Interesting, he actually asked her to get a bank account.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

SSN per SSA

Don't you have to be a citizen for that though?
    According to the SSA:

snip from: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html
    Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens

SSA Publication No. 05-10096, June 2009, ICN 468630 [View .pdf] (En EspaŮol) [Audio.mp3]

Contents

How do I apply for a Social Security number and card? How do I get a Social Security number and card? Identity and immigration status Work eligibility Age What can I do if I need a number for other reasons? Contacting Social Security How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?

Unless you are a noncitizen who wants to work in the United States, you probably do not need a Social Security number.
    Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report an individualís wages to the government and to determine a personís eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services.
    Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to get a driverís license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing.
    Some organizations use Social Security numbers to identify you in their records. Most, however, will identify you by some other means if you request it.
    We cannot assign you a Social Security number solely so you can get a driverís license or a service that requires a credit check.
    Although many companies, such as banks and credit companies, may ask for your Social Security number, you are generally not required to provide one if you donít have one.

<snip>

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

I'll be out for the next several hours. Take good notes for me. Will catch up later.

Horrible buffering here today.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    According to the SSA:

snip from: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html
    Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens

SSA Publication No. 05-10096, June 2009, ICN 468630 [View .pdf] (En EspaŮol) [Audio.mp3]

Contents

How do I apply for a Social Security number and card? How do I get a Social Security number and card? Identity and immigration status Work eligibility Age What can I do if I need a number for other reasons? Contacting Social Security How do I apply for a Social Security number and card?

Unless you are a noncitizen who wants to work in the United States, you probably do not need a Social Security number.
    Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report an individualís wages to the government and to determine a personís eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits and receive some other government services.
    Lawfully admitted noncitizens can get many benefits and services without a Social Security number. You do not need a number to get a driverís license, register for school, obtain private health insurance, or to apply for school lunch programs or subsidized housing.
    Some organizations use Social Security numbers to identify you in their records. Most, however, will identify you by some other means if you request it.
    We cannot assign you a Social Security number solely so you can get a driverís license or a service that requires a credit check.
    Although many companies, such as banks and credit companies, may ask for your Social Security number, you are generally not required to provide one if you donít have one.

<snip>
    Okay, so it's confirmed. She WAS able to open a bank account.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Brad actually asked her via an email to open up her own bank account that he would deposit a cheque into it. She replied to him via email that when the kids fever went down the next day she would go and check it out at the local branch (bank).

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MountE For This Useful Post:

So Brad was making suggestions of alternatives, and he looked for a job in Canada and couldn't find one. Is that what I just heard?
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

I think it's interesting that even Mr. Rentz thought the initial sep. agreement was 'outlandish'.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

I work at a financial institution and we will not open a $$ account without a SS #. FWIW

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I think it's interesting that even Mr. Rentz thought the initial sep. agreement was 'outlandish'.
    He also called it an "opening gambit".
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast