Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNative View Post
    Okay, so it's confirmed. She WAS able to open a bank account.
    No, that would be up to the bank policy. I had a long established relationship with a bank and already had accounts in that same bank, in fact my wife worked for them years ago, but they would not open one for me without seeing the card.

It might have been their policy, but they placed the blame on DHS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberPro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Mr. Rentz is testifying as to what Nancy told him and she wasn't questioning it. If there were any doubt about the fact that he did these things I don't think she would have told Mr. Rentz that. (Not being snarky, I don't understand.)
    IMO. Nancy had no idea what Brad was truely capable of. Brad was manipulating her.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MountE View Post
    Yes, he said 190K was already paid off.
    I thought he said the orginal mortgage was 190k and there was about 160k left

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
    No, that would be up to the bank policy. I had a long established relationship with a bank and already had accounts in that same bank, in fact my wife worked for them years ago, but they would not open one for me without seeing the card.

It might have been their policy, but they placed the blame on DHS.
    But she was able to get a SSN, so she was in theory able to get a bank acct.

A lot of emotion showing in the courthouse as they played one of the last voice messages from NC complaining about the state of the house, insects on the table.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MountE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    WOW. Did we just see emotion from BC when NC's voice played? He closed his eyes a long time.
    Wouldn't know because I see that damn circle every 10 seconds.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momof7 View Post
    That isn't what I heard, but that makes much more sense. I have had major buffering issues, so I'm not getting everything. Thanks for the clarification.

That's what I thought I heard to.

Weird BC didn't call her parents ever after 7/11. He had no problem calling for $ during the years and did a lot of work for her dad, so he obviously had a relationship with them. Even, if his supporters would say, he would have been embarrassed because the current state of their marriage, there's no excuse. At all.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Lunch until 2.30pm

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountE For This Useful Post:

broke my heart to see the ladies all crying especially when hearing her voice on the VM. so sad.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yeknomaras For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    It goes to motive.

fran
    I understand it goes to motive.

I will contend that much of Brad's weird actions can be explained as a "response" to Nancy's spending habits. They BOTH loved money. They were both VERY POOR managers of it. They used it as a weapon. She spent it on things she "deserved" whether they could afford it or not. He used it as a means to control and hurt her as the marriage degraded. And when people point out that the separation agreement is all about money- well, really - what else can it be about??? It's not like you really divide the kids.

I find the money discussion just not all that helpful in motive - if I was faced with some of the things that Brad was - I am sure my actions may seem weird. And - I don't think this killing was really all about money - I think that there were more deep seated issues and personality issues at play here - money makes it too simple.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNC For This Useful Post:

I thought Mr. Rentz' testimony was rather powerful. Brought me near to tears a couple times.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Wow, her dad is really factual and to the point. Very good witness.

Hearing Nancy's voice in the courtroom...sad for the family. Her father seems to have decided to be as strong as possible.

Kelly

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Weird BC didn't call her parents ever after 7/11. He had no problem calling for $ during the years and did a lot of work for her dad, so he obviously had a relationship with them. Even, if his supporters would say, he would have been embarrassed because the current state of their marriage, there's no excuse. At all.
    Beyond everything else, that's one of the biggest things I have an issue with him about. Even if you weren't on speaking terms with the in-laws, I would think you would at least talk to them out of respect.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    I thought Mr. Rentz' testimony was rather powerful. Brought me near to tears a couple times.
    same here. it's the methodical and thorough way he answers everything. like he never forgot every moment he spent with NC and every word he spoke with her. very sad.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to yeknomaras For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by snowshuze View Post
    Landline conversations with Nancys parents stopped. They went to cell phones.
    When did they stop using the landline? tia
    My Opinion Only..MOO

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Beyond everything else, that's one of the biggest things I have an issue with him about. Even if you weren't on speaking terms with the in-laws, I would think you would at least talk to them out of respect.
    Especially since the in-laws who had always *helped* you over the course of your marriage, continued to help now, and didn't appear to be anything less than cordial.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

For the jury, hearing Nancys voice brings home the REASON they're there. This person has DIED VIOLENTLY, and someone has deprived her children/family of her presence forever. Who had motive and opportunity to do this? Who benefitted the most by her death?
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

You may very well be correct. I thought that I heard that 190K was paid off and 160K to buy out. Considering their wealthy lifestyle a house worth 350K didn't seem too far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Especially since the in-laws who had always *helped* you over the course of your marriage, continued to help now, and didn't appear to be anything less than cordial.
    Even after the affair with HM, the father spoke of playing a game with BC while NC was putting the children to bed. Sharing wine and conversation is how he put it I believe.

Regardless of anything they appeared to be very cordial and forgiving if Nancy wanted them to be.

Kelly

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MountE View Post
    You may very well be correct. I thought that I heard that 190K was paid off and 160K to buy out. Considering their wealthy lifestyle a house worth 350K didn't seem too far fetched.
    You could be correct. But possibly since the house was bought in the early
    2000's I would guess it would be closer to the 190k mark then. In July 2008 that house (by pictures I have seen) could have been sold for 350k.

Kelly

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Even after the affair with HM, the father spoke of playing a game with BC while NC was putting the children to bed. Sharing wine and conversation is how he put it I believe.

Regardless of anything they appeared to be very cordial and forgiving if Nancy wanted them to be.

Kelly
    I believe all they wanted was for Nancy to be happy.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

According to this article, you may NOT get a U.S. Social Security card if you're an immigrant, UNLESS you have permission from DHS to work in the U.S. or are a verified foreign student.

Also, on the day NC was attempting to open a bank account, I believe was the day the water was turned off. NC was at home with two sick children with fevers. The bank told her she could NOT open the account without a social security number. PERPHAPS they meant over the phone, IDNK, but she said she'd TRY to do it in person when the kids were no longer sick.....Also, every time I've opened a bank account, you need an amount to deposit at the time of opening the account. IF NC had NO MONEY, how was she supposed to open an account.

What's with this emailing all this stuff. BC trying to cover-himself? My bet is, yes, for court when it came up. (don't get excited, I mean divorce court, not premeditation. I THINK that came later )

fran

http://www.whitman.edu/content/immigration/ssn

Non-citizens who have work authorization from DHS
    Only non-citizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10096.html

If you need a number for tax purposes and you are not authorized to work in the United States, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Visit IRS in person or call the IRS toll-free number, 1-800-TAXFORM (1-800-829-3676), and request Form W-7, Application For An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

If a business or government agency asks you for a Social Security number and you are not authorized to work in the United States, ask if they can identify you in some other way. In most cases, you will be able to get the service or license you need without a Social Security number

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Interesting, he actually asked her to get a bank account.
    I'm a little curious where the 20 something thousand dollars was deposited. It wouldn't have been given in cash. If it was a cheque, where was it deposited? Also, I think that Krista or Nancy's parents could have opened a joint US$ bank account in Ontario or Alberta and then added Nancy to the account.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast