Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I'm pretty sure my husband doesn't sit at lunch and talk about me and the kids. That doesn't make him a bad husband.

I think we are learning that BC was a private person about his personal life. Lots of people are like that. There is nothing wrong with it.

I think it shows integrity that he did not trash his wife, even in the midst of a divorce.
    I also think he wasn't the type to share too much of his personal life from what we know so far from the friends..introverted, not too sociable. So far, it apears from HER friends he was a terrible, awful husband. But, he never showed that side to HIS friends...which makes me think he had no real friends. Acquaintances and colleagues and normally we don't get too personal with those types of 'friends'. Even their mutual friends from Canada said that it wasn't Brad who initiated friendships too much.

I think Brad was a controlling and not so nice person. I am waiting for the Defense at this point to see if they bring anything to the table that refutes HER friends testimony. When you live in that type of community, my mom used to refer to them as 'coffee clatchers' there is a certain amount of everyone knowing everyone's business. I am inclined to believe there was less keeping things secret.

But, I still don't think the jury can find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt at this juncture. I still am wondering if the tech information is enough to prove Nancy was not the one making the calls, was alive and went running. Its is doubtful that is true, but is there concrete without out a doubt evidence this is true. Even the 'bug' guy once the Def crossed said he could not be sure of the what evidence he was given and the timeline. Didn't he say something along the lines of as late as 11 am but likely the 1 am to 6 am timeframe?

Kelly

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    OFT - 7.4 Earthquake rock Japan...sunami warning
    Im so glad that im not there right now. I lived there for 4 years and should be there now if my hubby hadnt switched jobs.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

But this trial is being held in North Carolina which is not located in Canada. As long as he is being tried in the US, US laws and due process rights apply. It doesn't matter if he is a Canadian citizen.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrsWendy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Best I can tell, if WS was the jury, there may be a 8-4 vote for guilty at this point.

That sounds heavy handed for us fence sitters but is probably close. I've been thinking 10-2

I have to tell you guys, it's been way easier to talk on here about this than anywhere else. Mainly because I think we mostly agreed to disagree and make it more interesting. (Or get timed-out)

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    No, when you're sleeping with her best friend behind her back, taking off your wedding ring when in another country to chat up another woman, and standing screaming at her in a public place in front of the children to the point they are screaming and crying, that just about says it all, doesn't it?
    You forgot spying on her.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Ok, here we go. I really can not contribute a lot but I am a German married to an Canadian. Our dinner is late. We do kiss each other even we don't know each other so well. Him being in Europe and do so with this girl in France doesn't mean anything for me. On the other side, we hardly call people in our neighborhood friends. I think we might be strange at times. As I said, I think he did it. But if there is nothing else I would have a hard time to feel good sending him to prison (or jail, I really do not have any idea what the difference is)
    Many thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bertha21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Is Alice Stubbs behind Mr. Rentz?
    I do believe I saw her sitting behind him earlier.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Integrity but he had 'other relationships'?
    As did she. It was a sexless marriage. I don't think a spouse should have to go w/o for years (IMO). They probably should have divorced long before the affair started.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowshuze View Post
    Yes, I did. I also didn't mention that if he didn't let out all that steam elsewhere, the slow build up could be what made him lose his head one night in July, 2008.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MrsWendy View Post
    But this trial is being held in North Carolina which is not located in Canada. As long as he is being tried in the US, US laws and due process rights apply. It doesn't matter if he is a Canadian citizen.
    just saying...in Canada police do not have read your rights because they have ruled ...everyone knows

Miranda is implied

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    I was only responding to your statement that Brad not badmouthing Nancy to others meant he was a good husband.

It works both ways.
    I think *most* women tend to share a lot more personal stuff with their friends then *most* men. MOO ( I love using MOO's since learning what they meant ). Anyway, my special girlfriends and I have always shared our deepest feelings, both good and bad. And I've had some great, deep friendships over my lifetime with certain of my girlfriends. I've lost three special friends to cancer, and it was like losing a dear sister each time. My heart broke with each loss of one of my dear *sisters*. Nancy was far away from any family and lifetime friends, she was out-going, and found for herself a support-system in her everyday life. I like her for that. She was a strong woman who did what she had to survive. Certainly more preferable than taking out her loneliness and frustrations on her children IMO.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

As did she. It was a sexless marriage. I don't think a spouse should have to go w/o for years (IMO). They probably should have divorced long before the affair started.
    I had a friend with severe Chrones disease. Sex for her was not an option. SO, does this mean it gives her husband a pass to cheat?

ETA: To clarify, her condition did improve, but it took YEARS.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Everyone is waiting or the real evidence ...but it can't come in because it is too prejudicial ...this suicide thing is HUGE

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JiminWilton View Post
    What a massive waste of trial time this witness was. What was the prosecution's intent, please? Enlighten me.
    They wanted to show the level of "friendship" between them for this guy to even be called, ie, more than just knowing who the other was, first of all....

Then to show mood, etc., and what time BC went home on the Friday before the day of NC's disappearance/death.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Which was the worst of it IMHO. Imagine worrying and wondering everyday that you will say or do something wrong. I think Nancy was so vocal sometimes because she believed Brad was finding out/hearing it anyway so she was saying exactly what she wanted to hoping he would he hear. They were making each others lives hell..he was just more quiet about it. And honestly, maybe it was abit on the premeditated part..act like the quiet unassuming guy, no one to say they have actually witnessed it. Brad actually may have been a lot smarter than we give him credit for and had been thinking about this a lot longer too.

I hope HM gets called. I bet she is privy to some conversations with Brad that are not as good.

Kelly

30. The Following User Says Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

I already like Mr. Rentz.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

If I may add; not father should ever be in the situation Mr. Rentz currently is. It is so sad.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bertha21 For This Useful Post:

I had a friend with severe Chrones disease. Sex for her was not an option. SO, does this mean it gives her husband a pass to cheat?
    Snowshuze, did you watch Krista's testimony? Do you remember that Krista testified that Nancy "met someone" on a trip (I think to FL) within a year of marrying Brad and that that man came to Canada to be with Nancy when Krista got married? I doubt that was a result of her Chron's. MOO

ETA- Not trying to bash Nancy here. Just reminding folks that BC was not the only one who engaged in "extracurricular activities." That seems to be overlooked/forgotten.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
    Everyone is waiting or the real evidence ...but it can't come in because it is too prejudicial ...this suicide thing is HUGE
    Consciencenous of guilt?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

He seemed social enough, went to lunch with co-workers, played tennis with friends, went to neighborhood barbecues. He even watched the kids while his wife drank and socialized with her friends. It all seems normal to me.

And remember, she didn't start trashing him until learning of the affair and then that was all she did constantly. Making him look bad would certainly help her in the divorce/custody. But no one, not even her friends saw him mistreat her ever. Yes, there is a witness that heard them arguing, but couples argue all the time and even Krista said Nancy turned into a monster at times.

Even the money stuff, we are learning more. He gave her $700 for her week vacation and she blew it all the first day but let her parents think she wasn't given any cash for the trip.

I think he had some good qualities but woudn't give him the husband or father of the year award. I think he is a very private person...likely very introverted...didn't really enjoy all of the social interaction. In fact, I see him mostly on the sidelines at all the social functions. I think they were both under a lot of stress. Everyone handles that differently. Some process it all on the inside and some process it by talking a lot. I guess that one doesn't know how one would react unless you actually experience something similar.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to gbay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha21 View Post
    If you would only know how often I use google to translate!
    Believe me, it doesn't show at ALL! Your wording is proper, your grammar excellent. Had you not stated so, I never would have guessed English wasn't your first language. Welcome aboard.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    Snowshuze, did you watch Krista's testimony? Do you remember that Krista testified that Nancy "met someone" on a trip (I think to FL) within a year of marrying Brad and that that man came to Canada to be with Nancy when Krista got married? I doubt that was a result of her Chron's. MOO
    I was making a general statement aimed at the concept "I don't think a spouse should go without for years", and getting a pass to cheat.

If Brad was so nasty as to leave his sheets in that condition, I wouldn't want to sleep with him either. Just sayin.

I want to see brads face while mr rentz is testifying.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    They wanted to show the level of "friendship" between them for this guy to even be called, ie, more than just knowing who the other was, first of all....

Then to show mood, etc., and what time BC went home on the Friday before the day of NC's disappearance/death.
    Yes, I agree with you. However, to me it seemed like more of a defense witness in that there was "nothing" there to take away. Normal day, not a close friend (you'd see each other socially more than 1x a quarter if more friendly), took a long lunch with work guys, talked about computers, nothing weird going on.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

We don't have any 'real' proof of that either, just what was said. I don't believe for a minute that there weren't intimate moments in that house when they were going to counseling etc. I find it very very hard to believe that is true.

Either way, he should have gotten an attorney and gotten a divorce and had sex wherever and with whoever he wanted.

Kelly

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast