1182 users online (241 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Have you seen the other picture of Ruth that her daughter posted on her Myspace?

http://www.myspace.com/ruthhalls/pho...2%3A9293526%7D
    I think the other photos they have of her on this myspace account look more like the UID.
    Ruth's "daughter reported that she said that she had been raped the night before and was going to confront the suspects in the rape. She was never seen again." She was last seen wearing "Red midriff half T-shirt-Sz. Small
    Blue "Gloria Vanderbilt" jeans size 9-10, white Nike athletic shoes, and a Brown leather mid-length coat."
    This UID was found with entirley different clothing...? Ruth was last seen in July and I am assuming that she wouldnt have been wearing a leather mid-length coat. I am assumming it was colder weather when this UID was killed and wouldnt be wearing a long jacket...? Just my opinion..?

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    Any news back from the LE? I independently was researching another case and came across this possible match.

The dentures seem like a match, age and timeline....
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

Which match do you mean, kpdx?

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    Ruth and the Monroe Jane...
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

MTrooper, any word? the more I look at it the better the match is with Ruth Hoffman. besides the obvious thing like the denture plate, the UID is dressed in a manner consistent with a summertime death. Ruth was last seen on July 7, 1986.

(the clothing Ruth was supposedly wearing at the time of her disappearance makes no sense. on July 7, Ruth left her home wearing jeans and a brown leather mid-length coat?)

while they did not specify where in Monroe County the remains were found, Wayne County, where Ruth lived is adjacent to Monroe County so there is no great distance involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post
    I was looking at for Carroll Lou Viau from Ontario for an entirely different case previously. Some things fit rather well in comparison to this UID, though the circumstances of her disappearance give me the impression that the answers for her may be closer to Thunder Bay then Michigan.

What do you think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/744dfon.html
    I came across this lady too Masnitram and thought she looked like a good possible and it is not too huge a distance. In my humble opinion she should be considered at least.

Quote Originally Posted by belfastgirl73 View Post
    I came across this lady too Masnitram and thought she looked like a good possible and it is not too huge a distance. In my humble opinion she should be considered at least.
    I doubt that possible match. I can't figure out where the psychiatric patient from Thunder Bay, ON would wind up with a t-shirt from a Michigan bar that just happened to be 13 miles from where the body was found.

Stranger things have happened!

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I doubt that possible match. I can't figure out where the psychiatric patient from Thunder Bay, ON would wind up with a t-shirt from a Michigan bar that just happened to be 13 miles from where the body was found.
    I wouldn't see it as a problem, her psychiatric patient status is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to the t-shirt IMO. If Jane Doe was Ms. Viau she might have traveled to Michigan and got the t-shirt in any of the ways non-psychiatric patients usually get theirs. Bought a souvenir, worked at a bar and got it as part of uniform (although I hope that would have been checked), got it from somewhere that sells used clothing locally etc. Salvation Army maybe? She was spotted in one before she disappeared. There is more than a year after her last date of contact in Sept 1985 and the body being found in December 1986 and the estimated postmortem interval is months which gives her time to get a t-shirt in a number of ways IMO. If she happened to have some contact to the area prior to disappearing she might even have had the t-shirt before disappearing.

According to DN she was a voluntary patient who checked herself in the psychiatric hospital for a nervous breakdown and mental confusion. They don't say how severe her situation was but the way her diagnosis is phrased it does not sound like a stable state. A nervous breakdown could be triggered by some kind of a life crisis and one can get better or be cured altogether, at least be functional enough to be able to obtain a t-shirt one way or another. Nothing too implausible required imo.

Sorry,

NO real update. I was told the investigator at the ME's office was working on it..I am going to try a different route. Any inside help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sls314 View Post
    I would assume that she was either local or had spent a lot of time in the area, due to the tank top with the local bar on it. This wouldn't appear to be a randomly dumped body from another area.
    My thought on the tank top is the later, that she wouldn't be local. Perhaps it was more like a "souvenir" of her time in the area. IMO, even though this was for a bar, it would make more sense for a non-local to purchase it than a local. This also would make more sense as to why she hasn't been identified more quickly since this took place in 1986.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Sorry,

NO real update. I was told the investigator at the ME's office was working on it..I am going to try a different route. Any inside help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I have noticed with many of the Michigan cases, it lists ME as the reporting agency. Is that correct, that is abbreviation for Maine? Just curious, just thought if it is listed wrong, it somehow could be causing problems for multiple cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ginestra View Post
    I have noticed with many of the Michigan cases, it lists ME as the reporting agency. Is that correct, that is abbreviation for Maine? Just curious, just thought if it is listed wrong, it somehow could be causing problems for multiple cases.
    ME = Medical Examiner or the Coroner

How embarassing!! Ok, now I know..........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast